Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday 31st July


**Avon orders are due to me by Monday 3rd August**

It's August tomorrow - how'd that happen?

Where has 2009 gone to??
It's gonna be Christmas soon enough - SCARY!!!

I am feeling a little stink at the moment..... after saying on my blog yesterday that I kind of hoped my Co-Worker was a wimp with her pregnancy.....
She came in today all upset......... she had her first scan yesterday, and it turns out that she is having TWINS!!!!!
Of course - I reckon that is fantastic news, but the poor girl is totally shit scared and can't stop crying about it all !
So yeah, I'm feeling like a bitch for wishing what I did yesterday!!!

Only just over half an hour to go of my working day, since I am taking half of it off - YAY!
I also decided to take Monday off as well, so that I can have a nice long weekend.
Gotta love days off huh??

God - I am so boring today!!!

Kate asked yesterday if I have found another focus apart from food (or something to that effect lol) and the simple answer is No - not really!
I guess these days, I just don't have the urge to pig out like I used to.
Food doesn't "do it" for me at all anymore, and while I still enjoy cooking and seeing other people eat my creations, I no longer have the need to dig in myself.
I used to eat for any reason.... if I was happy or sad or stressed or bored or lonely or whatever, I would turn to food.  Not sure why, cos it sure as hell didn't make me feel any better!  In fact, looking back, it used to make me feel worse than ever!
Nowadays, I will try to find something else to occupy my mind.....  If I am bored at work at lunch time, instead of buying a feast and scoffing it down, I will now go for a walk through the mall and admire all the gorgeous clothes on offer.

If I am sad, then I will talk about it a lot more than I used to... instead of bottling it up and eating my way through the sadness, I will just talk about it (or blog about it!).
If I am lonely, then I will make sure that I go out and surround myself with other people instead of sitting at home and ploughing through a king size bar of chocolate.
The surgery has decreased the size of my stomach, and replumbed my insides, but it has been up to me to adjust to life like this.
And it hasn't always been easy, cos deep down, I guess I am still the same high maintenance drama queen that I have always been, it's just that now I have to cope with stuff in a different way.
And I think I am doing a pretty good job of it...
It also helps that Jeremy has been a huge support, and he is changing as well..... we talk more now - much more!
So that has to be good!
And, it also helps that as I have lost weight, I have gained confidence, so I am able to tackle things with more inner strength now.  Does that make sense??

Anyway, I am just rambling now, so I will end it here, and sort my desk out before leaving for the day :)
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oops about the twins. I know when I had our twins the pregnancy was so much harder and I was a lot sicker - e.g. 9 months of morning sickenss so I ended the pregnancy lighter than I started!(they weren't diagnosed either!!!)

    Have fun with your sister and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - It's so hard huh?
    YOu are doing remarkably well... I periodically struggle a lot with it all. Sometimes I'm on top of it and sometimes I've got my blinkers on for days on end. Then come out of it and go crap - STAY FOCUSSED! lol

    My big thing is being alone too... hard. I need more friends! ;) Thanks heaps for answering my Q! K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I was so sick with the twins..... hope you had a nice family weekend :-) and yes where the hell has the year gone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo you've achieved some awesome things and so much more than just weight loss! Well done you, what an amazing journey you're on!

    ReplyDelete