Monday, July 27, 2009
Monday 27th July - 97.4kg
A small loss this week...
Last week: 97.8kg
This week: 97.4kg
This weeks Loss: 400gm
Total Loss: 43.2kg
"Only" 19.4kg to go to get to my all time fantasy ultimate goal of 78kgs.
And, I know where it all has to come from too!
My butt and thighs!
MUST EXERCISE!!!!
I had my bag all packed last night, ready for swimming this morning, but had such a shit sleep, that when my alarm went off, I just turned the thing off and went back to sleep!
I seriously couldn't be bothered - So I didn't!!!
Sunday nights have always been bad for me with sleeping, but lately, they have been much much worse, and I don't really know why.
I lie there thinking about work, and what the week will hold, and then stressing that it is the start of another week blah blah blah....
Nothing major, but enough to keep me awake and tossing and turning for hours!
PLUS, I had that bloody song by Pink running through my head..... "It's a good excuse to be a bad influence on you"
And it was just that one line that I kept on singing and singing over and over and over again in my head!
PLUS.... I watched Greys Anatomy last night, and it is a toss up between who dies - Izzie or George, and I cried, and that made it harder to sleep too!
Grrrrrrr, why do I do these things to myself???
Anyway, this morning, on my way to work, I get a phone call from Chris. Well, it was actually Rhian, and she was crying and didn't want to go to school, and wanted me to meet her there so she could have a cuddle.
Then..... after ten minutes of "cuddles" she wouldn't stop crying and the class was about to start and the teacher tried to get her to stop crying, and she was just sobbing her little heart, and I KNEW that we had to be tough and just leave her there and walk away, but it is SO DAMN HARD when as a mother all I want to do is make her not cry!!!!!!!!!!!
But, in the end, I had to be stern with her and tell her that she HAD to sit down, and that she needed to stop crying because the other children couldn't hear what the teacher was saying, and that I WOULD be back for her this afternoon.
We bribed her with a star chart and a little reward everyday after school, then if we get a whole week without tears, then she can have a bigger reward.
So tonight we are going to sit down and make a star chart, and pin it on the fridge, and then HOPEFULLY there will be no more tears!
Cos goddamn it is hard!!!
I started crying once I left the classroom, and I HATE that!!!!!
Righto......... back to my car issues.....
SO I said last week how we had a discussion and that I was "allowed" to buy a new car right?
Well, Friday after work, my car barely started when I got to it in the car park.
I thought I was going to have to call the AA out again, but one last turn of the key saw it jump in to life.
I got home, then decided to go out again to Sonya's place, and the stupid thing started again, so I thought that maybe it was just being temperamental at work.
After a few hours of being at Sonya's place, I decided to go home (about 10pm) but the bloody thing wouldn't start at all, and it was raining, so I had to ring Jeremy to come get me.
No problems.
We went back in the morning to pick it up, and sure enough it didn't start again - so Jeremy jump started it.
We took it home, and dumped it in the garage, then headed off to grab a coffee and have a look around some car yards.
It all started off pretty well, and we saw a couple that I liked, but they were a few thousand above what I wanted to pay.
Then the last yard we were going to, we saw the one I ended up buying.
The guy was friendly and not pushy, and we ended up taking it for a test drive.
Jeremy LOVED it, it drives well, it is basic, it has and does everything I need, plus all the good things like air bags, and ABS and air conditioning etc, without being too over the top or flashy - plus it is NZ new, and it has been well maintained as I have the full service history with it.
It's a 2005 model, Toyota Corolla GL hatch 1.8L and I LOVE it!
We got a great trade in on my car - even after telling him that there is problem with the started motor!
In fact, Jeremy was honest and said that sometimes it doesn't start at all...... the dude said, that as long as it was running when we drove it on to the lot, then he would honour his initial trade in value.
So...... we decided that it was all a pretty good deal, and toddled off back home to pick up my car to take it back and swap it for my new one.
Well, we got home, and the little bugger wouldn't start!
AT ALL!
Even after hooking it up to Jeremy's ute with the jumper cables!
Nothing!
So..... Jeremy called his mechanic mate down the road, and he came down to take a look at it.....
He ended up banging on the starter motor with a spanner to create a spark to get the bloody thing going!!!
THANK GOD for great neighbours!!!!
We took it back to the car yard, and Jeremy wanted to leave it running, but the guy said turn it off, so he did.
We went inside, completed all the paperwork, and drove off the lot with my new baby!
God alone knows if they ever got my one started again!!!!!
I guess I will find out tomorrow, cos I have to take my new one back in so that they can put a new warrant on it for me.
So that was the highlight of my weekend....
Pretty cool huh??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just lost my post!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey call it "Tough Love".......cause it's tougher on the one dishing it out. :) Hopefully the star chart will work as I know it has for her in the past.
Big hugs to her Mummy :)
Luv Ya
xoxoxoxo
Poor Rhian - and poor you! Not good when the tears appear. She will soon get back into the swing of it all.
ReplyDeleteGulp, it is so hard when they cry :(
ReplyDeleteI burst out in tears one day when I dropped my daughter off just couldnt help it.
Well done with the star chart :)
i do that sunday night thing too! what the hell is that? it is so crazy!!!!!1
ReplyDelete