Thursday, July 30, 2009
Thursday 30th July
Today, I braved a couple of "normal" clothing stores in the mall.
I got to thinking ya see........ if everyone who sees my photos thinks that I am looking thinner, then maybe, just maybe - I am!
So, I went in to Sussan.
The sales lady in there smiled and said hello!
Is that what usually happens to "normal" looking people??
You don't get ignored, or glanced at sideways and sniggered at by condescending twats who think that fat people don't have ears or eyes that actually work???
It was cool! I felt on top of the world!
Then....... I plucked up some more courage, and ventured in to Espirit.
OK, so I wasn't welcomed with open arms or anything, but I wasn't sniggered at, the girls didn't look at me then look at each other as if I was some foreign alien daring to cross the threshold of their "normal" sized entrance.
It was almost surreal!
I was left to look around the racks and shelves as if - God Forbid - I had a RIGHT to be there!!!
So maybe............. I DO look like I fit in nowadays!!!
Tomorrow - I might even try my luck at Jeans West!! I have heard they have longer length jeans??
YAY!
It's been a busy day today again, probably made busier by the fact that my pregnant co-worker is off sick, so I get all her work to do as well.
I LOVE it when she is away - it means I get to do stuff that is different to the stuff I do every other day....
Now this is probably a bit mean of me, and entirely selfish too, but I am kind of hoping that she is a wimp with her pregnancy and takes a lot of time off!
Ooooooo........ told you it was mean!!!!
Hahahahaha.
Anyway, not much more to say, so I am off to collect Rhian and we are gonna go home and go for a bike ride!
Well...... she is gonna go for a bike ride, and I am gonna walk along side her! lol
Tomorrow we are heading up to Foxton for the weekend, as my gorgeous sister *waves* "Hi Steph!!" is coming over for a week.
I am collecting her from the airport (YAY - half a day leave for me) then we have to go to school and pick up Rhian, cos she wants Aunty Steph to get her from school and not mummy!
Not entirely sure why, but hey, who am I to argue huh??
Then it will a quick trip home, to collect Jeremy and the bags, then off we will go.
Now....... I just hope and pray that THIS TIME I wont crash my bloody car!!!!
Last time I was supposed to pick Steph up from the airport, was the day that I got rear ended on the bloody Wainui Hill and spent several hours in the hospital waiting to be given the all clear to go home!
I will be driving extra carefully tomorrow that is for damn sure!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yep jeans west have longer ones! Go you!
ReplyDeleteIt must feel wonderful! :)
So what I want to ask is how are you going with your head catching up on what's physically happening?
Obviously you're skinner than you perceive yourself to be - which I can relate to as well (from the other times I have lost weight - now looking back on pics, wishing I could have slapped myself and said - you look great!).
But what about the head stuff that caused you to eat more all these years? Have you replaced that behaviour with anything else? I have watched a few oprah eps where people have had your surgery (or similar) and have turned to something else to replace that feeling (buzz?) food gave them pre-op.
So do you just ignore those desires now that food doesn't "do it" for you? or do you do something more productive with your desires, like exercise or something! LOL!
Sorry... just trying to stop the binges, which is the only reason I'm not LOSING weight! ARGH!
geez, that was long, sorry!
ReplyDeleteSo cool that you felt normal in those shops....a nice feeling I'm sure :)
ReplyDeleteSee you all tomorrow :)
Luv
xoxoxoxo
You are right, I'm sure people do treat you differently, look at you sideways etc when you bigger.
ReplyDeleteGreat you do feel "normal" now days:-)