Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday 20th July - 97.8 kg



YAY!  A good loss this week!


Last week:  99.5 kg
This week:  97.8 kg
This weeks loss:  1.7 kg
Total Lost:  42.8 kg

I was almost expecting the numbers to shoot back up over the 100kg mark and yell "HAHA TRICKED YA!!!" when I got on the scales this morning, but was absolutely THRILLED to see that I had lost more, and am now well and truly under the 100kg mark!
It is still a little weird to see only two digits flash up though..... I am so used to seeing that bloody "1" in front of everything!  
NOT ANY MORE!!!   FANTASTIC!!!!!

Righto - The weekend was brilliant, just perfect in fact!
Friday night I went to a girlfriends place for a catch up, but found myself falling asleep after half a glass of wine (at 8pm!!), so I went home and went to bed.
I guess it didn't help that they were all smoking inside (something that I DETEST) and I am picking that contributed to my headache the next morning!
But...... I had the Energiser Bunny (AKA Jeremy) bugging me to get out of bed so we could go shopping, so I downed some pain killers and got my sorry butt out of bed, and off we went....

Started with Brunch in Petone at the Screaming Turtle, and I have to say that I have FINALLY found something on a brunch menu that I can actually eat!!!
It was a banana wrapped in bacon and grilled, served with 2 mini hash browns.

I managed to get through about half of the banana, the whole slice of bacon, and one of the hash browns.
It was just absolutely FABULOUS!!!!
For once, I didn't feel that I was any different to anyone else that was out for Brunch!

YAY!  
We will definitely be going back there again :)
After brunch, we went grocery shopping, then off to the speciality Asian market to get some herbs and spices and pastes etc for the recipes I am dying to try.
Then a quick trip to the Pet Shop saw me oogling over a Maltese/King Charles Spaniel cross.
She was just the most adorable wee puppy that you have ever seen, with a creamy coloured fluffy coat, and slightly darker tan coloured ears.
GORGEOUS!!!
Of course with a price tag of $1495 we left her in the shop, but OhMiGod - I could have so easily taken her home!!!
Mind you, we don't have a fenced section yet, and I have NO intentions of going through the house training phase with new carpet!  
But..... it is good to be able to look and dream huh??

Saturday night we had a friend over for dinner, and we had a few glasses of wine, this time with NO SMOKING and Sunday morning my head was completely clear!!!  GO FIGURE??
It was a reasonably early night though, I think she left at about 9.30pm?
Sunday morning we had a bit of a sleep in, but I was so excited, cos Rhian was coming home from her stay at Nana's.
They turned up at about 10am, and we had a quick coffee with mum and dad before they headed off to their other engagements.
The rest of the day was spent playing games and doing puzzles and just having kid fun, so it was all good.
Rhian helped me make the most delicious fish cakes for dinner, and after that it was an early night for everyone, in preparation for school and work today.

We have "pipe" issues at home at the moment, which will hopefully be fixed today.
I noticed it yesterday when the washing machine was emptying out, the toilet was bubbling!!!
Anyway, I took a look outside, and the drain thingee was overflowing all over the back yard - washing machine water.

Jeremy took a look at it, and then called his brother in law (a drainage contractor) so he came around and took a look at it, but couldn't get it unblocked, so today we are gonna have to get someone in with a camera thing to take a look at what is blocking it.
We are hoping that it isn't tree roots, cos that could prove costly.
Fingers crossed it is something simple :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on another awesome loss and well under those 100kg's now. Hope the drainage thing aint to bad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great loss! You are doing so well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not far to go now. My guess is that Dr D will be really pleased with you at your 6mth checkup.
    Luv You :)
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waht a great feeling to know you will never see those triple digits again:-) Well done on another great loss!

    ReplyDelete