Friday, July 24, 2009
Friday 24th July
This job is strange..... I can go from being flat out hectic busy with barely time to fart one day, to mind numbingly boring the next.
Yep - today is the Mind-Numbingly Boring day, and I am hating it already!!!
It's only 10.23am!
My immediate manager is away on leave today, so I don't have him bothering me every 5 minutes with tasks that he has been given, but (quite rightly so) delegates to me.
My co-worker (we basically share this role) is coming in late this morning as she has her first antenatal scan, so there is no one to talk to.
My good friend Anne has taken the day off sick, so I can't even instant message her about trivial little bits of office crap.
My senior manager is here, but tied up in meetings most of the mornings, and my Director is so far AWOL and no one seems to know if he will make an appearance today.
I share my open plan office with 6 other guys, and they are all heads down working at present, so here I am, sitting in my little corner, staring out the window (did I mention already I have a great view??) at the rain, wishing that I was tucked up at home in bed, listening to it instead.
Hmmmmm, if it continues like this, I might look at taking the afternoon off.
Dinner last night was a bit of a shambles.
We went out for a drink first, then realised that we had left the Entertainment Book at home, and neither of us wanted to pay full price for a meal, so we ended up coming home again (at about 8pm) and grabbing a Chinese takeaway instead!
Not that I minded, cos I managed about two mouthfuls before I felt pretty bloody terrible, and had to be sick!
Not sure what caused it to be honest, because I had the same thing that I always have, and have never had a problem with it.
I always get the Spicy Chicken and vegetables, which is what I did, but my body decided it had other plans!
I ended up in bed by 8.30pm, and was apparently asleep by 9pm!
Not sure if the two glasses of wine I'd had earlier in the night contributed to it at all, but I feel fine this morning, so God only knows what the story was!!
I need a new alarm clock.
Wednesday night I packed up my swimming bag, and got everything sorted for an early start.... Went to bed looking forward to getting back to the pool in the morning.
My STUPID alarm didn't go off!!!!
I woke with a fright at 7.06am and freaked out, because not only did that mean that I couldn't go to the pool, it also meant that I was probably going to be late for work too!
Anyway, after a frantic start, I forgot all about my alarm not working, and set it again last night when I went to bed.
This morning I woke up at 7.15am and the bloody thing hadn't worked again!
So....... I NEED to go get a new one on the weekend!!!
Ohhh, exciting news for me.........
I am "allowed" to get a new car!
I have been complaining about my car for a while now, just the way it performs over the hill (I have to travel over a big-ish hill every day to get to work) and also the fuel consumption.
Jeremy agreed that he hates my car too, and reckons that it is not that safe, and he isn't happy about me driving it, especially in the wet.
So...... we have decided that I am going to get a new one!
Of course, everyone who knows me will laugh when I say what kind I want.......... I want a Toyota Corolla Hatchback.
Why will you laugh??
Because it is EXACTLY what I had when I was married to Chris, and it was the best car ever!!!!
But..... as soon as we separated, I got rid of it, it was a rebellious thing, cos Chris always told me that I couldn't get a RAV4 when we were together, so the first thing I did when we split was go and get one!
Then of course, I got sick of that and got rid of it, and got my current car - bad move!
Anyway, after talking to J about it all last night, I realised exactly WHY I got rid of my RAV4.
I had gained a LOT of weight back, and I was feeling fat and frumpy and just plain yuck....... with the RAV being a higher car, I got the stupid idea that I was more visible to everyone.... I was fat in a big car and everyone was looking at me.
That was how I felt.
So I got rid of the "big" car and got a smaller, lower car that I felt less conspicuous in.
And that was the start of my problems :)
I crashed it, it barely starts at times, the boot leaks, it is really really low and scrapes curbs all the time, and I just don't like the way that it drives.
So..... I am on the lookout for another one.
And I am not in any hurry to do it, and am determined to get something that is going to be GOOD and RELIABLE and that I am HAPPY with!!!
That means me having to patient!
Ya reckon I can be?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jo patient!!!!! That did crack me up LOL. However you have learnt a lot in the past year so I am sure you CAN do it. Good choice of car too :)
ReplyDeleteBugger about dinner last night........maybe the chinese didn't like the wine !!!! LOL
Hope you manage to stay warm & dry while the grounds dry out.
Luv Ya
xoxoxxo
i LURVE rav 4s!!! so cute! I have a little high up thing like that and I love that people cant look down into my car and see my fat belly! U were the opposite! fUNNY!
ReplyDeleteCan't beat a Toyota! Had a grin at the rebellious thing, sounds just like our daughter!
ReplyDeleteLove those entertainment books, and if it was me with the car I would be out there this weekend looking....... I have NO patience!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL @ being patient ... ummm no! Don't you hate working days like that? I've had them and would rather be busy any day - the day goes quicker that way! I'm guessing we'll see you with a new car sooner rather than later ... lol
ReplyDelete