Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday 16th July 2009



OK - so I did it!
I am wearing "The Suit"
And it appears I don't know my Stax from my Jacquie E......... It isn't a "Stax" suit, it IS however, a "Jacquie E" suit.......
Of course - I DON'T CARE, cos it is a SUIT and it is size 16/18 and I AM WEARING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooohooooo!!!
This photo was taken about 15 minutes ago by my friend at work :)

Righto..... what else???
I am really enjoying cooking at the moment, and it is real cooking - from scratch!!
I have found a lot of packet stuff I can't tolerate, so I have started taking a bit more time, and actually getting all the herbs and spices together and making things myself, instead of relying on packets mixes.

Tuesday night I made Butter Chicken!!!
Now, Butter Chicken is one of my all time favourite things in the world, but of course it is made with loads of cream and butter and all sorts of bad nasty things that I can no longer have in my diet....
So....... I went rifling through my mums cook books last weekend, and it turns out that the "Symply too Good to be True" books by Annette Sym are chocka block full of recipes that are low in fat and high in tastiness!!!
Last night I made something called "Eastern Lamb" and it was sensational!!!
Pumpkin, green beans, red capsicum, lamb, onions, and a range of herbs and spices all brought together with lite evaporated milk and a hint of coconut essence.

Makes it taste like it has Coconut cream in it, but of course WITHOUT the fat!!!
Why oh WHY did I not look at these books before is what I want to know???

Also on my list of things to cook are the likes of: Fish Alaska, Thai Pork Burgers, Penang Chicken...
All things that I NEVER would have even looked at in the past, but now, I am LOVING trying new things!
Go the domestic goddess! hehehe

I'm gonna head off swimming again in the morning, can't wait!!!
My plans are to swim 3 times a week on the week that I don't have Rhian, and walk (or run) three times a week on the week that I do have her.

Hopefully she will be able to ride her bike along side me when I am walking/running in the evenings......... or, if I decide to do it early in the morning, then she can just stay tucked up in bed until I get home.
Sounds like a great plan huh? Let's hope she cooperates :)
Last night I bought a waterproof ipod case off TradeMe, so once that arrives, I will be all set to take the pool on with music!!
Steph gave me the idea, as she bought whole new waterproof ipod and LOVES it!
What a fantastic idea!
Anyway, she is also sending me a fancy swim mask thingee, that apparently doesn't leave big old nasty goggle marks around your eyes quite as bad as the traditional goggles do.
I HATE the way that I have googly eyes when I get out of the pool after having those buggers suctioned to my face for 45 minutes!
So........ I am gonna look a sight!
Swim cap, ear plugs, ipod, swim mask....... I will just be able to tune out and do my own thing - LOVE IT!!!!!

Oh yeah........ how is this for an observation...........
This week, with going swimming in the morning, my daily routine has gotten a little out of whack.
You see, usually I get up, have a shower, take my vitamins, get dressed, make up, hair then go to work.
Now that I have been to the pool, my "beauty" routine is buggered, and I realised yesterday that I hadn't taken my vitamins all week!
But........... I ALSO realised, that I had been pretty damn regular in the toilet area!
So - I have surmised that those pesky vitamins ARE responsible for my constipation issues of late!
DAMMIT!!!!
I KNOW that I need to take my supplements, and I have more energy when I do take them, but I HATE feeling bloaty and bunged up.
Catch 22 huh??
Hmmmmmmm, someone needs to invent iron tablets that DON'T include constipation as a side effect!!

My hair appointment is tonight........ I am a little nervous about it to be honest.
Why?
Cos I am contemplating getting a fair whack hacked off it.
Yes, it is the longest it has EVER been in my life.
BUT...... I realised that I mainly wear it tied up anyway, and when I do wear it down, it is just flat and lifeless and just bloody hangs there getting in my way, so I end up tying it all up anyway!!!
PLUS.... swimming is going to dry it out more, and I would like a style that is a bit easier to do in the morning after the pool, and that doesn't take so bloody long to dry!
I might have a hunt around on the net this afternoon and see if I can come up with a new look......
EXCITING!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! You are doing really great!
    I have a little thought about your vitamins and constipation. I personally think that you are over it because of regular training not because of not taking vitamins. At least it is how it works for my body but people are different :)
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought.........there are iron pills that don't cause constipation so ask about changing them. Also the exercise will be helping you "go" LOL
    Looking forward to seeing the new hair do.
    The suit looks great...even Rhian thought so :)
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pic of you in the suit...wow you look FANTASTIC! I agree with the comments already made about 'cures for constipation' and I am sure you are doing the whole 'drink plenty of water' etc...so won't repeat myself..lol You look hot Jo, congrats...p.s. love the new shorter hair do, really shows off your face and most certainly does not weigh you down...hugs x

    ReplyDelete