Friday, July 10, 2009
Friday 10th July
I hate my stupid car!!!
And the fact that I just paid $100 yesterday for a brand new bloody battery and the stupid farken thing STILL wouldn't start this morning!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cue a call to the Lovely people at AA!
So AA dude comes around and checks out my car....
The conversation went something like this:
AA Dude: Nope - not the battery
Me: Better bloody not be - I replaced it yesterday - this one is brand new!!
AA Dude: Well you should have called me yesterday and saved buying a new battery then!
Me: Yeah - good to know that now huh??
AA Dude: Nope - not the alternator
Me: OK cool (think to myself - WTF is an alternator???)
AA Dude: Must be something draining the battery....
Me: OK - what?
AA Dude: Hmmmmm, Not sure....
Ah well, at least he got my car started again!
I was under strict instructions to drive for 30 minutes before turning the engine off.
I only live 15 minutes from work, so I took a bit of a Tiki Tour, and then though I would duck in to the Paint shop to pay an outstanding bill from our DIY days of past....
So I had been driving for about 35 minutes.... it'll be OK to turn the car off now surely?
Engine off, go inside, pay bill, come outside, turn on key...
NOTHING!
Turn key again....
NADA!!!
Turn key again this time praying at the same time.....
NOT A FARKEN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So then what did I do??
I did what any self respecting girly girl would do......
I CRIED!!!!!!!
Yep - that is right!!!
I burst in to tears and then rang Jeremy and cried some more, the whole while just sitting in my car outside the paint shop.
Luckily Jeremy was in town, so he came to my rescue and got the stupid car started again.
Then, to save me anymore tears, he gave me his work ute, and he took my stupid ugly not working dumbass car away with him.
NOT HAPPY!!!!!
Not happy at all I can tell you!!!!!
So now my car is getting looked at this afternoon by someone who will tighten the something belt that makes a hell of a noise when I start it up (if the bloody thing decides to start at all) in the morning.
Because apparently, this loose belt "might" be stopping the battery from holding a charge.
Then, if that doesn't work, it "might" be the starter motor.
Then, if that doesn't work, I am gonna drive it to the top of the Wainui Hill and push the bloody thing off the side!!!!!
I have had enough of it!!!!!
OK - rant over!!!!!
This weekend we are heading up to Mum & Dad's to deliver Rhian to them for the second week of the school holidays.
I am sooooo lucky that I have them to help out, because otherwise it would mean that she would have to go in to a Holiday Program - which I am sure that she would love, but at least this way, she gets to have some quality time with her Nana & Grandad - YAY!!!
God only knows what I will do over the Christmas holidays, because it is essentially 2 months that school closes down for!
I am picking though, by that stage she will be OK with a couple of weeks in a Holiday program, then some time at Nan's then some time at her other Grandparents...... of course I will take as much time off as possible over the period as well, and Chris will do the same...
Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to work????
Hmmmm, dreams are free :)
Righto - better go do some work.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Had to laugh at the vision of you pushing your car of the Wainui hill!
ReplyDeleteI know our daughter finds school holidays hard, especially the Summer break. The school holiday programs here always look like they are a bit over crowded. I know your parents will love the time with Rhian.
It is your fan belt that needs tightening or possibly replacing. Yep I am girl and I know that cause I too cried when I had put like 4 batteries, new alternator, starter motor etc and still nothing worked till I called my Dad who lives about 6 hours from me said "get the fan belt looked at" and now no trouble at all.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Jo, I can't stand it when my car wont farkin go :(