YAY!!!
And after a brief "what the fuck have I done?" moment this morning, I am feeling OK now.
Here goes…..
Got bugger all sleep on Monday night – but then again – wasn't exactly expecting to! Lol
Tuesday morning mum and I headed off for the lab to get my blood tests done, and once that was done we just headed back to the motel to chill out….
Got a call from a friend of mine in Tokoroa – Hi Hera!! – to say that they were coming over to
So while we were waiting for them I shot down to the clinic to cheekily jump on the scales down there…. 134.8kg.
That means a loss of 3.8kg since my initial appointments.
Just think that could have been 7.8kg is I hadn't gained 4 kgs over Christmas! Hehe…
Anyway, then it was a quick trip to the supermarket to get some supplies, then back to the motel to meet Hera and her gorgeous mum and two of her gorgeous girls.
Talked for about an hour – and I wish it could have been longer, but I had to get off to the hospital.
Check in was 11.30am, and after forking out a large sum of money, I was shown to my room and told that a nurse would be along soon.
She turned up not long after, and went through all the forms and information required.
Then as she was doing that another nurse came in to say to give me a pre-med.
Then it was off to the shower to wash down with a special antiseptic wash, then into the styley hospital gown…..
Pills taken, then a visit from the anesthetist followed that, then a visit from the surgeon.
It was all go go go.
I think I went down to surgery at about 1.30pm, and can't really remember too much of it all…. Pretty sure that is the point huh?? Lol
I remember getting a line put in, then moving in to the actual surgery room, then having the mask put on………….. then nothing.
I don't remember coming around in recovery, I don't remember coming back to my room, I don't remember mum and dad coming in.
All I know is that I was sore, and tired – bloody tired!
I am pretty sure I just dozed a lot while mum and dad were here…
They got a call from the surgeon at about 3.30pm to say that I was out, and it took longer than expected as he had some trouble sealing me up! Apparently he had to do some "spot welding" to stop the oozing!! Hehehe – sounds great huh??
He told me this morning that I was a "bleeder" and it took a bit of effort to stop the "oozing" and that he had to re-gas me! No wonder I felt like shit this morning! Lol
I slept from about 10pm last night until 2.30am when I was woken up to be taken for a walk down the corridor. Then I couldn't get back to sleep as the pain was quite bad…
I was up at 3.30 am brushing my teeth, then went for another walk cos I couldn't get comfortable.
Then after that the alarm in the room across the hall went off and no one could turn it off… turns out that they had to take the batteries out of it to stop it wailing… just wish they had figured that out at the start and not ten minutes later! Lol
Dozed from about 4am til 6am, then the pain really started…. The night nurse was still on, and just told me to try re-arranging myself, but it didn't work.
When the day nurse came on at 7am (I think) she took my vitals, and my blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen levels were all right down, and I was breathing really shallow as it hurt too much to do anything else.
She sorted me out some more panadol (up the butt) then some voltaren (up the butt), then codeine (in the mouth) then finally morphine in my chest drip thingee….. waited about 10 minutes for them all to kick in, and I was able to breathe properly again - THANK GOD!!!!
That was when I had my "what the fuck have I done?" moment….
It felt like I had not only been hit by a damn truck, but it felt like the bastard had backed up a couple of times just for good measure!!!
This afternoon I am feeling a lot better, but still having problems taking deep breaths… That will get better apparently.
I last ate on Monday night, and I can say that I haven't felt hungry in the slightest bit so far… it's great, but also completely weird!!!
Mum and dad have been totally amazing as usual!!!!
And I have had loads of texts so THANK YOU all for the support – it has blown me away!!!
I'm gonna have a nana nap now, but hope to update a little every day while I am here....
Awww hey gurl!!! Well done to you! Loving the 'gown' pic lol!!! Spunky TIGHTS!! lol. Hope all the pain settles quickly!!
ReplyDeleteCiao, Louise
Hey Jo...
ReplyDeleteGlad to here it went ok. I hope your pain wears off a little over the next few days.
Thanks for sharing the photos :O)
Am so pleased it all went well..... take care :-)
ReplyDeleteReally pleased to hear you are doign well now and that the pain is subsiding. Just goes to show how everyone has different experiences huh.
ReplyDeleteI so remember the green gown and the sexy stockings!!!!
Love the photos :) You look so sexy in that gown and tights! LOL
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it went well despite the bleeding... and the pain! :) Take care chickee!
Hi hon, happy to see you over what I imagine to be the worst of it... just take it easy and let yourself be looked after for a little while! I love you, your big sisxxx
ReplyDeleteBet you are pleased that's over. Now you can look forward to feeling better and better each day!
ReplyDeleteTake care:-)
YAY its all done and it went well (apart from the oozing and truck backing up thing....hahahaha).
ReplyDeleteIts all good from here girl, can't wait to see your transformation.
Hope your feeling lots better today.
Thinking of you.
Really sexy pics girl! Love the 'up the butt' bits! I know all about the 'oozing' problem! Hope you don't end up a real bleeder like me! Onward and DOWNWARD!
ReplyDelete