Thursday, January 8, 2009
Thursday 8th January
I walked to work this morning - I really did!!!
I have been promising myself for the past couple of days (since Rhian went back to her Dad's) that I would WALK to work.
This morning I actually did!!!
YAY ME!!!!!
But....... I forgot my shake for breakfast!
Duh!!!
Ah well, a coffee will just have to see me through *wink*
I took yesterday afternoon off..... for no other reason than to SLEEP!!!!
I haven't been sleeping very well at all lately...
I LOVE my new place, BUT...... it is on one of the main roads in Lower Hutt, and the traffic is so bad at times.
Every night without fail, I will have a police car race past with it's sirens blaring, and of course I also have "quiet" police cars, ambulances, fire engines, boy racers and all other general traffic as well.
It is doing my head in to be honest! I thought that I would get used to it, but it appears that is easier said than done :)
I have tried sleeping with ear plugs in, but it doesn't really help.
I close every single window in then house, which cuts the noise a little bit, but with the heat lately, it has been like a bloody oven in my bedroom.
I seriously can't win!
Yes Mum - I have tried the Rescue Remedy Sleep stuff you gave me..... in fact, last night I think I used so much of it, it tasted like straight whiskey!!! lol
I also have a permanent headache..... I wonder if that is stemming from the no sleep thing?
Who knows *shrugs*
I'm going out on a date tomorrow night!
Well, not so much a "date" date, just dinner with Jeremy.
But, it is *almost* like a date!
It doesn't involve his work at all, I get to pick the restaurant, and it will just be the two of us!
In the past we were always surrounded by either his work mates, or clients, or my friends etc.
We probably went out for dinner by ourselves maybe 5 times in the two years that we were together!
Anyway, tomorrow night will be strange!
I'm looking forward to it, but I am also a little apprehensive.
But............ time will tell huh?
Righto, work to do .........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That rescue remedy didn't work for us ....that's why I gave it to you!!!!! LOL There is a better one which I find works well ......it's a 'Weleda' one called 'Avena comp.' "Relaxing Drops"..... to calm & promote sleep. The health store should have it. Cost $14.50 the last time I bought it.
ReplyDeleteKeep a clear head tonight!!!!! Remember the proof is in the doing NOT the saying!!!!
Luv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
Oooops, the end comments should have been about tomorrow night!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done on the walking to work :)
xoxox
Nice one - walking to work.
ReplyDeleteI've tried rescue remedy also and it did nothing for me.
Hopefully the Avena comp your Mum suggested works.
Trafic noise is a bitch and it must be loud if your half deaf.....LMFAO! *mwah*
Congrats on walking to work :-). Its bloody hot up here to, would hate to think what it would be like if I had to shut the windows up as well.... Hope your "date" goes well :-)
ReplyDelete