Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday 20th January



One week today I will be going to hospital!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!
Pretty scary when I think about it, but also BLOODY EXCITING!!!!!!!


Scales are down another 600grams again this morning.... 134.8 kg
Just plain crazy how much weight my body can drop when it's food intake is restricted!!!

Went to Sonya's yesterday just for a catch up coffee, ended up staying for the day, and having a late BBQ lunch.
I was such a good girl and made the salad myself, so that it only had what I could eat in it!
Then I had a small piece of steak and a small piece of skinless chicken breast and that was my lunch.
Sonya made a glorious creamy potato salad and divine marinated chicken wings, but I didn't touch any of it.
Nor did the fresh bread with lashings of butter go anywhere near my mouth!!!
I was really proud of myself, and proved that I can actually fit in and not have a crisis when faced with a spur of the moment decision.

I sat on my Sprite Zero and water for the afternoon, while the others had a few beers, but I didn't even feel that I was missing out at all - YAY!
I must admit at one stage........... Rhian was munching on some corn chips...... I picked one up and licked the flavouring off it!!!

Bloody funny now that I think about it, cos all I wanted to do was taste it, so that is just what I did!

For dinner last night (since lunch was so late) I just cooked up Rhian some eggs on toast, and I had a OptiFast dessert instead of a shake while she was eating her special treat ice cream.
Wasn't too bad, and it was filling enough to allow me to not feel hungry for the rest of the night.

Didn't sleep too well last night, and Rhian was up at 6am so I am feeling a bit run down today.
I just feel that I could crawl in to bed and sleep for 24 straight at the moment.
Unfortunately it is taking it's toll on my temper, and one of my workmates, actually, make that TWO of my workmates have been snapped at already.
Must pull my head in and apologise to both of them soon me thinks!!
I really just can't believe how tired I am these days.

It's hard to describe, because at times I feel "almost" normal, yet at other times, like now, I could literally put my head on my desk and close my eyes and go straight to sleep.

Rhian goes back to her dad's place today, so at least I will get an extra hours sleep each morning, but the stupid thing is, is that I will miss her like absolute crazy when she is not here!!!

Anyway....... I have a heap of work to do today, so I better get on and do it............
I'm thinking about taking Friday off - just because.
Dunno yet, will make a decision later on today me thinks.

4 comments:

  1. Just think how fast those scales are going to move when you really are portion size restricted!! Woo hoo :)
    The tiredness is probably due to the restictions and the hard work you have been doing ie the gardening. Wont be long and you will be in bed all day...hee hee !! :)
    Luv Ya
    ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your body will also be tired due to the change in diet. I know that I felt like that when I was on the preop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Jo!! Those scales are moving:-)

    Went and bought a solitary Sculpt shake to try out, have you tried the protein bars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GO GIRL! Not long now and you are doing so well.

    I am pretty much salad'ed (is that a word?) out and am planning on a nice stir fry tomorrow night.

    I'm doing much better this week after giving myself a good talking to ..... hahaha as there were 1 or 2 little things creeping in (like taking one of the kids chippies or a spoonful of their yoghurt) which I'm sure makes a difference.

    I've finally gone to the loo and BOY do I feel lighter (hehehe) which the scales agree with, so I'm hoping I don't get bound up again this week and have a better result.

    You are doing so incredibly well, just goes to show how dedicated you are to doing this (ie. sugery) right.

    ReplyDelete