Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thursday 15th January
Day four, and I am still alive!!!
Scales are down another 600grams today, so that is 3.6kgs since Monday morning - crazy!!!!
137kgs exactly.
Had a call from Zola this morning to check up on me and see how the Pre-Op diet is going.
I guess I am a little pissed off at myself for gaining weight over the Christmas period......
Cos if I hadn't, then I would be well on my way to achieving the 2 - 4kg loss that the surgeon requires.
Ah well, no point in stressing too much about it all.
Just have to stick to the plan like I have been, and all will be good!
I can honestly say, hand on my heart, that not ONE wrong thing has passed these lips since I started on Monday morning.
I have a bag of pine nuts in the cupboard which i ADORE in salad, but I haven't even had ONE!
I had some feta cheese sitting in the fridge that I actually ended up giving away as it will expire before I can eat it.
Even the canned beetroot has remained unopened!
Last night, my stir fry consisted of:
Lean Beef strips
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Celery
Mushrooms
Onion
Capsicum
Green beans
Red cabbage
Soy Sauce
I didn't even use oil in the pan, or cornflour to thicken!
I am surprising myself to be honest!
I'm not gonna say that it is easy - cos HELL NO - it is anything but easy!!!!
But...... my thinking is that this is costing me a small fortune, it is going to take a million years to pay it back, so why the hell would i want to stuff up the chances of having the best results ever?
PLUS..... the thought of my liver being too big, and the surgeon having to actually open me right up on the operating table scares the crap outta me!!!!!
Today I am craving bread.
Well, not actually craving it............. day-dreaming about it more like.
Just cos I can't have it, makes me want it more!
Ah well...... 10 days to go - it's not forever!!! hehehe...
Rhian informed me this morning out of the blue that she wants to get married.
Dunno where the hell that came from! lol
Of course she was quite disappointed when I told her that she couldn't actually marry her daddy!!!
Cute wee thing!
Although the other night I didn't think so.
She called me in to her bedroom, to tell me that she could smell something!
I went in and couldn't smell anything, so I asked her if it was a nice smell, or a bad smell.
She said it was nice, so I asked her what it was, and she said "It's you mummy. You smell nice"
Awwwwwwww............ lovely wee thing!
Then just as I was about to walk away, she said "Mummy, I think I can smell something else"
I replied "Well I can't smell anything"
To which she said "Well come over here and smell then"
Me, being me, just went on over and took a big sniff..........................
EEwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's just say that my little girl takes after her Father in the farting department, and it was NOT pleasant!!!
Damn funny though - cos she just cracked up laughing and of course I couldn't help but laugh too!
That's my girl *wink*
Oh yeah......... Chris just asked me how the OptiFast was going, and of course I said it was going great - 3.6kgs in 3 days.
I was then told that I should just stay doing that and save myself a heap of money!!!!!!
FARK!!!!!!!!!!! Some people are idiots!!! (Well, OK, for the record.........my ex-husband is NOT an idiot, he just needs to THINK about things before he opens his mouth!!!)
Does anyone really think that 2 shakes and one meal per day is enough to survive on long term???
Not to mention that once you start "eating normally" the weight would just pile back on again as it is not teaching anything!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......
That is my gripe for the day!
Righto.......... off to the loo for the 2687th time this afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree with you about staying on the pre-op diet for more than 2 weeks - it just isn't realistic and I reckon unmanageable.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you sticking to this pre-op 100% because it isn't easy.
As you may know (on my blog) I've had some feta cheese and a teaspoon of sugar in one of my coffee's which isn't very good (and pine nuts on my salad - sorry) but I applaud you for sticking to it so well because it is going to benefit you with your operation and that's the most important thing - YOU!
Catch up tomorrow - see ya *waves*
Some people (like Chris) just don't think before they speak. As if you could stick to that food intake forever!
ReplyDeleteI admire you for sticking to the prop-op so strictly! I gave in at lunch time and had a mini pepper stuffed with feta cheese - yum.
You are goign great guns Jo. My pre op was 8 weeks which was damn hard by about week 5. I know you will do amazingly and your liver will be "small and mobile" just like mine and Janene's.
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how many people think you can sustain this type of diet though....CRAZY