Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday 29th January 2009

A lot more pain yesterday had me in tears at one stage, but wonderful nurses and even better drugs had it all under control.... YAY!!
The pain isn't from the actual surgery as such, more from the gas that they blow your stomach up with, and since they had to "re-gas" me to check for leaks, I will suffer a bit more than what is usually expected. The little pockets of gas that remain inside the bosy cavity, move around and get trapped in the oddest places.
For me, the most pain comes when they get trapped under my rib cage, and in my right shoulder.
It has eased a lot since yesterday, but there are still times when I catch my breath at the pain.


Last night I had a great sleep.... turned the TV off at 10.30pm, then got woken up at 4am for pain relief. Went straight back to sleep, and was woken up again at 8am by the nurse bringing breakfast in!!

Well..... "breakfast" this morning was coffee flavoured water! Check out the size of the cup....lol.....






After everyone had done their rounds - the nurse, the aneasthetist, the surgeon.... I went and had a shower all by myself! YAY!!


And..... I actually got dressed in real clothes too - not just another nightie!



But........ then it all went down hill, and the onset of a migraine made me miserable!

I can't vomit, so was given a plethora of drugs to kill the migraine, and BOOM - I was asleep in no time! Woke up 4 hours later with a clear head, and a GORGEOUS visitor!


Lynise came to see me! It was the coolest thing ever!
And I just have to say that she is one of the most gorgeous gals I have ever met - both inside and out!!!!
Too cool!!!!!


Mum and dad turned up for a visit and then Lynise left and my dinner got brought in.
It was "Beef" flavoured water and an orange iceblock (made in a pill container).
I couldn't stand the beef flavoured water, but did manage to suck the ice block down.


Here are the battle wounds:














8 comments:

  1. Hope you have another good sleep tonight. Ya know that we are just doing what is to us the most natural & important part of being a parent and to us the most natural thing in the world, supporting one of our much loved children. Seeing you improve day by day is all we need. Luv ya to the moon & back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the pain eases very soon, I am sure each day will be better,and I hope you get a good nights sleep, I had a stinking headache today, so can sympathise with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,
    Hope you are feeling better and wish you a speedy recovery.
    It is great that your Mum and Dad are there to support you in every way they can.
    Safe travel home to Foxton.
    Keep smiling thinking of you.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad tohear the gas is working it's way out. Just one stubborn bit to go by the sounds of it.

    I found the beef tea nicer than the chicken, but hated the orange jelly. Ice block was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hon, I remember that gas pain from my laparoscopy a few years ago... it is bloody awful - I think for me it was worse than the aftereffects of giving birth! Good luck for your release from hospital today - I hope you sleep as well at the motel - just keep dad away from the snoring juice! Love you heaps, Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Lordy woman what exactly was in that medication they were giving you.

    Hope the gas issue has resolved itself and not causing you any pain now.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing journey, thanks again for the invitation. I'm all up to date on your new journey and look forward to watching/reading how you do. I hope you're feeling better after your discharge. Take care.

    I must say the beef water doesn't sound too appealing!

    Well done and take care,
    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your all settled at your Mum and Dad's and are getting pampered (I know you will be).

    Those 'war' wounds look pretty damn good considering the major op you have just had.

    Hope the trip home was a drugged blur....LOL

    ReplyDelete