Friday, January 16, 2009
Friday 16th January
Day 5 today.......... YAY!!!!
That means just 9 days to go!!!!!
Got through yesterday no problems, although I did "have" to have a Weight Watchers jelly (totally legal and allowed) at about 9pm last night cos I was starving!!!
I think that was a result of not having enough protein at dinner time to be honest!
There were left overs of the fabulous stir fry from Wednesday night, so I just reheated that and chucked in a few extra veges to bulk it up.
Looking back, there was probably only about 50grams of beef (at the absolute maximum) in the stir fry, so in hindsight I "should" have added some more, but couldn't be bothered as I was in a hurry.
I had promised Rhian that I would take her and her bike to the park, and she was just itching to get there.
Ah well........ lesson learnt!
This morning I wasn't quite so hungry, so I'm not sure if that was a direct result of having the jelly so late or not?
Ah God - who knows!?!?!
The scales were "only" down another 200 grams this morning, but at least the number is still dropping.....
That has GOT to be good huh???
The reality is though, that the number may be 3.8kg down since Monday, but it is "only" 800grams down from the weight that I was when I met with the team in Hamilton.
Disappointing for me, but I'm trying not to let it bug me too much.
The weekend is going to be a bit of a challenge I think.
We have a long weekend here for Wellington Anniversary Day, so it means THREE days of not being at work to take my mind off food!
I have dinner tonight sorted...... it will be a stir-fry with chicken.
Tomorrow night I might try a vegetable omelette, Sunday will probably be a salad, and Monday no doubt will be the same!!!
It gets a bit boring, but at least I only have to do it for 2 weeks!
Not like some that had to do it for longer......... Hi Janine & Janene!!!!!
I am actually going to try to lie pretty low this weekend to be honest.
There are races on Saturday and Monday, and I have been invited out to both, but both days involve lots of food and lots of wine, so I have declined both days.
I can handle certain things at the moment, like cooking pasta and mince for Rhian while I have to much through yet another plate of vegetables.
But...... I don't know how well I would go having a day out with friends and watching them eat and drink their way through the day, without me being able to even taste any of it................. Besides, I don't think Rhian would last an entire day at the races, so it was pretty easy to so no really.
Plus, I have a bit to do out in the garden at my place, and I have said to Rhian that we can go back to the pools for another swim at some stage.
And I have also told Sharon I will help with her garden..... AND, I have also told Jeremy that I will help in stripping the last of the wallpaper that I missed in the lounge when I was living there, so that he can finally get the plastering done......
Me thinks that I offer to help other people far too much at times!! hehehehehe...
Ah well....... at the end of the day, it is going to get me out of the house, away from food, and keep me busy - which is just what I need to do!!!
Things with Jeremy are going pretty well at this stage.
I still haven't let my guard down very far, and I am still being very careful with what I say and feel, so it's just a day by day thing.
The great thing is, is that he isn't crowding me at all.
I have asked him to give me space, and that is exactly what he is doing - FANTASTIC!!!
He is getting a lot of DIY stuff around his place, which is great as that is something that I got extremely pissed off at when we were "together" together cos he was always "gonna" do it, but never got around to it all.
Anyway, I will be the first to admit that it is hard to go back a few steps when you have actually lived with someone.
What I mean is that it is hard to go back to being what you would call "boyfriend / girlfriend" after actually being live in partners for two years.
It is almost like beginning a new relationship, as we both have our separate places (and I wouldn't have it any other way at this stage), and our own things to do, but then there are things that we can do together.....
It's also almost like being ain a new relationship in the fact that he is treating me so differently now.
Actually, WE are both treating each other differently.
It's hard to explain, but I guess we used to take each other for granted a hell of a lot, and now, we aren't.
Anyway, like I said, it is just day by day..... nothing more, nothing less.
My number one priority is my girl and myself.
I will protect us both, but also allow us both to be happy.....
Let's just see how things work out...
I'm already mentally going through my wardrobe in my head to sort out the stuff that I can sell on TradeMe.
I have 3 skirts that are already on the large side for me, so I just know that in a couple of weeks I am not going to be able to wear them at all!
How cool is that feeling?!?!?!?!?!
Then, I have a pair of shoes that are slightly too big, but I persevere with them as I find my high heeled shoes hurt my feet too much at this weight.
But, in a month of two, I will be back in my heels, and will be able to say bye bye to those shoes too.
My aim is to get rid of stuff as soon as it is too big for me.
And I am actually "lucky" in a way, because I have boxes of clothes that will see me through the first 30 - 40kgs of weight loss.
I mean I was 30kgs lighter when I met Jeremy, and I think back to all those gorgeous clothes packed away in boxes.
Then I also had some smaller clothes ready to shrink in to for when I lost more weight way back in the days of Weight Watchers!
So...... they are all packed up, just waiting for the day that they can come back out in to the light.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
Righto......... time to fill the water bottle back up again!!!!
Better hit the loo too me thinks *wink*
HANG ON.......... I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to my gorgeous amazing Mum for being with me every step of the way in the past week!!!!
I must be the luckiest woman in the world to have such an amazing supportive family and group of friends.
Rachel has also been doing the shakes with me, and I tell ya - it is fantastic to know that there are others out there that are probably hating it as much as I am at times, but also feeling such a sense of pride when we get through another day on track!!!
Thanks gals!!!!!
YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanls for the thumbs up....LOL Actually my shakes aren't too bad as I throw in some ice cubes & then blend which makes them nice & cold & icey....LOL. Keeping busy is also a good thing. Wasting time on computer has helped this week too. Don't forget I want some mint plants when you do the garden. Just pop them in a pot & keep watered til you come up.
ReplyDeleteWell done yourself. You are doing so well. Don't stress too much on the scales as it's the cleansing & shrinking of the liver that is more important & with what you are eating that will happen.
Luv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
Gawd your going to be busy this weekend, hope the weather is nice for you.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going so well with Jeremy, it must be nice to step back and re-evaluate the relationship and then decide it is worth keeping but just taking it at a slower pace.
You are doing really well with this pre-op, it ISN'T easy and you haven't fallen off the wagon (so to speak) which is a major achievement. Don't feel guilty about the weight gain you put on before starting the pre-op because that has gone, and some....yay!
Its all downhill from here which is fantastic, the doctor will be very impressed I'm sure.
I've been very slack with my water today but fantastic with my food.
We are out for a BBQ tonight which will be a challenge as they are South African friends who have cooked some traditional dishes for us and I'm hoping I can say 'yes' to at least one dish.
The scales also scared me a wee bit this morning, telling me I had gained 400grams which was very deflating but I'm finding I'm a bit constipated which could be it.
Have a fabulous weekend, stay focused (I know you will) and enjoy that gorgeous girl of yours.
Jo don't think you just need to eat plan boring veges or salad.....One of my fav meals was steamed asaparagras, steamed beans, lightly sauteed mushrooms is a little spray, or grilled under the grill with a little cheese (protein) and little. prawn sticks done n the george forman grill. Or even chicken breast slightly flattened with a little cream cheese (also protein) and rolled up and baked in the oven.
ReplyDeleteI also lived off tomatoes for the 8 weeks. Whenever I felt hungary I diced them and ate them wiht a little salt sprinked on them and then ate hte bits with a fork, made it slower and really satisfied me.
The other thing to remember if you are a little short of protein in a meal, is throw in an egg.....nice high protein, without breaking the rules. Would have been great in your salad.
Remeber you can have 100 - 150 gms of protein in your evening meal, which is actually quite a bit of meat. HMm, 100 gms, of steak, and egg and then a nice salad - yummy!!!