Friday, January 9, 2009
Friday 9th January
Mum sent me this quote.... I LOVE IT!!
"Whenever God closes one door, He opens another.....
Even though sometimes it is Hell in the hallway!"
Ain't that cool?!?!?!?!
Righto............ I have a busy few days coming up - YAY!
Had a few drinks with the girls last night...... a few too many, but not enough to feel seedy this morning which was good.
AND...... it was just enough to help me get to sleep! YAY!
Although I woke a few hours later to the sound of Boy Racers speeding along the road, and couldn't get back to sleep dammit!!!
I really can't win!
I'm off present shopping at lunch time today - have to find Sue a digital photo frame for her birthday tomorrow - she will just LOVE it!!!
Then tonight I am supposed to have my "date"
**For the record....... I'm going on a date with Jeremy, because I want to.
Yeah - he was an ass, and I'm not excusing what happened at all.
But, at the end of the day, there were two people in the relationship that were both doing stupid things!
Everyone has only heard what I wanted to tell them.......
I haven't told you about the times I was a complete idiot and did some pretty unthinkable things.
Anyway.......he has promised to "change", and I am giving him the opportunity to prove it.
Just as he is giving me the opportunity to change as well.
If he can't live up to what I expect, then I will walk away.
Likewise, if I can't live up to what I promise, then he will walk away.
We have talked at length about what went wrong in our relationship, and what needs to change.
We both have very strong feelings for each other, but neither of us are prepared to "settle".
I'm strong enough to be thinking with my head at this stage, and not my heart.
Cos damn straight, if I was listening to my heart, I would have gone running back to him in a heartbeat!
Anyway......... it is a day by day process, and I am glad to say that I am happy with the way that things going at present.
He is giving me space, and I am giving him space.
Just what we both need.
Righto........... where was I?
Oh yeah - my busy few days......
Tomorrow I have to bake the cakes for Sue's party, I'm doing carrot cakes with Cream cheese icing, one will be a 4 and the other will be a 0.
I'm gonna smother them in cream cheese icing - YUM!!!!!!
I also have to sew an extra layer in to my dress tomorrow, cos I have decided that it is a bit too short for my liking.
Then I have to decide how I am going to wear my hair, and get it done!
Sunday we (Sharon and I) are supposed to be attacking my garden, digging out the old scoria, carting it to her place for her drainage trenches, then refilling my garden with new metal.
Guess that will depend on how much we both have to drink on Saturday night!!!!
Then, Sunday night, I have said that I will have the girls over for dinner, as it will be my "last meal" before starting the pre-op diet on Monday!
ARGH!!!!!
Busy busy busy.......
But I love it!
And I can't wait for Saturday night!!!!!
BRING IT ON!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Didn't have your link on my lap top so missed your updates while away.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the date, I'm sure you've both learnt heaps from your break up and what will be - will be:-)
I hope things work out for you and Jeremy, really.
ReplyDeleteMy only advise would be, don't rush - there's plenty of time and absence makes the heart grow fonder *wink*.
Your weekend sounds fun filled, have a blast.
I can't believe you start your pre-op diet on Monday - nervous much?
Good luck chic, not that you need it. I'll be shaking with ya :)
Just remember "it's all about you" getting to where YOU want to be not where anyone else wants you. The next 3 months will take all your energy, both mental & physical, for all the changes that are about to happen, without any distractions!! As you get stronger in all ways you will know what you really want and what direction you want to go in. Don't rush, there is plenty of time to let things take their right course.
ReplyDeleteI know you must get fed up with all the advice but it is meant lovingly. I care, as do many others, about you :) Don't be fooled by soft words!!! I know you wont. :)
Luv Ya
Ma
ps.......enjoy the party and I hope those cakes work out :) You are such a great cook though, that I am sure they will :)
Do what you have to do to be the happiest person you can be, life is very short, live it to the max. One of my fav quotes is " Live in the moment and make it so beautiful, that it is worth remembering" All the best.
ReplyDelete