It's been a busy weekend so far.... and I would imagine that today will be spent doing pretty much NOTHING!!!
The boy has the "man-flu" and it's the end of the world as we know it.....
Why is it that when men get sick, everyone knows about it and it is the worst thing.
When women get sick we just deal with it and soldier on!?!?!
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Yesterday was an early morning start, and we were up in Upper Hutt by 7.45am.
The Trentham Carnival was supposed to be on, and that means that the Regional Excavator Competition is on too.
Jeremy is one of the organisers for this, which is why we were up there.
Anyway...... the carnival was postponed until today, but the competition went ahead.
So yesterday I spent most of the day trying to avoid the rain, while trying to take photos of the competitors and the machinery etc...
I think I did a pretty good job, and have 83 photos to show for it.
Of course to me, the photos are bloody boring, but to people in the contracting industry, photos of diggers and graders and trucks are just thrilling! *rolls eyes*
Food was a bit tricky yesterday, as it was basically a constant BBQ with sausages, bacon, eggs, steak, meat patties, thick white bread and gallons of tomato sauce!
Watching everyone tuck in to thick steak sandwiches was a bit hard at times, but my hero (Jeremy) came to the rescue and manages to cook me an egg while avoiding the grease!
YAY!
So that was breakfast!
Then lunch was a Le Snack.
All in all I coped really well, even when the sponsors peanut slabs got handed around, I didn't falter..... wasn't interested in the slightest!
What has happened to my "sweet tooth"?????
By the time we packed up the site, sat through prize giving, and got home, it was 6pm, and neither of us could decide what to have for dinner, but we also knew that neither of us wanted to cook!!!
Then I remembered that there is an asian takeaway that does steamed stuff, so we headed off there, and I was thrilled to see that they did soup!
So.......... I got a chicken and sweetcorn soup, and a steamed dumpling.
It was absolutely divine and I didn't have a bad reaction to it at all!!!
Now, the dumpling was quite small, and I only had about a quarter of a cup of the soup, so I "think" I am starting to figure out how much my stomach can actually handle these days!!!
ABOUT BLOODY TIME JOANNA!!!!!
I was knackered after a busy day, and was in bed by 10pm.
It was a good day, and great to catch up with people that i haven't seen for a while.
Today, we were supposed to be going over to Jeremy's place to finish off the kitchen stripping, but I am pretty sure that he wont be going anywhere.
He is snoring on the couch at the moment, but has been up and down most of the night coughing up yuck stuff, and trying to unblock his seriously blocked up nose and sinuses.
Just hope I can survive the day, cos when he is sick, he is the biggest baby in the world! lol
Weigh day tomorrow, and I have NO IDEA if I will have a loss or not!
It has actually been quite liberating not being tied to the scales on a daily basis this week.
So it's gonna be a surprise for me in the morning...... I just have to make sure I actually remember to weigh in!
I have moved the scales in to the kitchen, so that they are out of sight..... it worked!
Righto....... it's 10.45am and i am still sitting here in my pjs, so I better go get organised I guess!
Oh yeah....... thanks to all that said there is a difference in my pictures (link on the left had side of my page)..... I seriously can't see it at all, so it is good to see that other people can!
sounds like you coped fantastically well yesterday. THe soup and steamed dumpling sound great. LOL about the pics, I think I pretty much said the same thing when I took my first ones.
ReplyDeleteGreat food choices. You are doing well :)
ReplyDeleteYou have my sympathy re the 'sick' man!!!!! Hope he is better soon and you don't catch it.
xoxoxoxo
Man flu - LOL they can be such wimps!
ReplyDelete