Monday, March 30, 2009
Monday 30th March 2009 - 117.3kg
Another loss this week, 1.7kg to be exact...
Start Weight: 140.6 kg
This week : 117.3 kg
Total Loss: 23.3 kg in 11 weeks
YAY!
Just over 9 kg to go before I am back to my all time lowest adult weight.
And 8kg exactly before I hit the half way mark to my goal.
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
The weekend was bloody busy, and I don't think that there is a single muscle in my body that is not feeling it today!!
I got Rhian's room completely painted, 2 coats.
And......... I went back over it to fix up my mistakes too! hehehe
I am now officially not allowed to do anymore "cutting in" on the paint work, as I can't paint a straight line to save myself!!
I LOVE painting, but forgot how bad I suck at it!
The 4th bedroom is ALMOST ready to be painted..... we are going back over tonight to finish the sanding on the windowsills.
It is all a bit frustrating at times......... just seeing how long each step takes.
I mean I spent the entire day on Saturday painting Rhian's room (she helped me do the last little bit in the picture above), it took hours!
Then on Sunday, like I said, I had to go around the edges with the white paint to fix the parts where I got purple paint on the facia boards and skirting. That took ages too cos it was bloody fiddly!
Jeremy spent the entire day on Saturday, sanding the ceiling in the kitchen - it took forever!!
Sunday he moved to the 4th bedroom and sanded in there - and again, it took bloody ages!!
I just didn't realise how long each little thing takes, and how painfully slow the progress can seem at times.
We got his nephew around on Sunday to mow the lawns and trim the edges, just because we both had so much to do, and I must admit, it was bloody brilliant not having to waste time on the lawns.
Anyway, like I said, we will be back over there tonight doing the finishing touches on the sanding in the 4th bedroom, so then it can be painted.
And I am bloody pleased to see that Rhian's room is finished, so that can be crossed off the list completely.
YAY!!!
One bugger in the whole thing, is that on measuring up the kitchen so we can go shopping for appliances......... we have realised that the space of the oven and the cooktop, are larger than the "standard" size.
So, here was us thinking that the oven and cooktop was only going to cost around the $2000 mark, well, now it looks more like the $5000 mark!!!
Ooops!!!
I have suggested making a thin cupboard on either side of the cavity for the oven, and just going with the standard size oven, and J's dad seems to think that could be a good idea.
The cooktop on the other hand, might not be so easy to fix, as the hole is existing and the bench top is all in one piece.
I have suggested a built in hunk of granite (or similar) as a permanent chopping board, or place to put hot pots etc....
Not sure if it would work of course, but it was worth suggesting anyway.
God - this blog must be bloody boring to all of you!!!
All I seem to do is rattle on about house renovations and stuff..... lol
Ooooo.... I just got told that I have to go to Christchurch next week for a meeting!
3 months ago that would have freaked me out completely!!!!
Now, I KNOW that I will have no problems with the flight, or the seatbelt, or my self confidence in the meeting!
YAY!!!
Oh to think about how far I have come in the past few months - it is FANTASTIC!!!!!
Righto............ Lunch time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the photo :) Bet she was a BIG help!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you getting others involved in things like the lawns so that you can concentrate on the house. Bugger about the gaps for the appliances. Your ideas sound good though. Evenjust an opening beside the oven for trays could be ok. The place for hot pots beside the cook top is a good one too. Maybe the kitchen place could offer some suggestions. With J's Dads contacts I'm sure something will get sorted. Yep.......its the prep work that takes the most time but it is the most important part of the painting etc. Had to laugh at you being banned AGAIN!!!! Thought the man was taking a risk letting you do the cutting in....ROFL.
Good to see you sounding happy and not stressed about the trip to CHCH.
You are doing great :)
xoxoxo
sounds like you are having a blast doing the house renovations, even if it does mean busy weekends/evenings. I also liked the idea of the place for hotpots etc, and I thought your mums idea about a space for oven trays or even cutting boards could be quite good as well. Rhian looks adorable as always. Really can't beleive she will be at school soon.
ReplyDeleteLove the colour of Rhian's room - did she ask about the polker dots?
ReplyDeleteAnother friggin fantastic loss my friend.
Roll on Christchurch.
Sounds like the renovations are going well. Maybe beside the oven you could have a narrow cupboard with a pull out rail for teatowels, plus you can store the oven trays in there.
ReplyDeleteWell done on your loss this week although with all that painting it is no wonder - incidental exercise AND no time to snack :-)
I hope we get to see photos of the finished house! Sounds like it's coming together well. Rhian is as cute as ever!
ReplyDeleteYou are heading on downwards:-) I remember when you struck your lowest weight and you are almost back there - well done Jo!
wow Jo you are doing so so well good for you.so much going on in your life how do you keep up?
ReplyDeleteThat little girl of yours sure is a cutie. Can't see too much paint on her either so she must be quite a help.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another great loss Jo. Won't be long before you're at your all time low and then only a hop skip and a jump till you're a double digit doris.
Glad to see you so happy and loving life.