Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday 24th March


To answer the question.............. NO - the Lactulose DIDN'T work!!!!
Damn stupid sickly sweet syrup that DOES NOT DO CRAP!!!  Pardon the pun!  hehehehehehe.....
After two days (Thursday & Friday) of taking that horrid stuff, NOTHING happened!
Finally - last night (Monday), it happened on it's own - THANK GOD!
OK, enough of that.....

We had a bloody quiet weekend, didn't do Jack Shit to be honest!
Went out for a few drinks on Friday night with some friends, then Saturday went to the markets, got veges, did the grocery shopping, and I visited a friend in the afternoon, the we watched some DVD's in the evening - pretty boring really!!!
Jeremy hurt his shoulder/neck while we were up in Rotorua and it has been giving him hell to be honest.  So instead of doing any work on the house renovations, we had a very quiet peaceful weekend to try to give him the best chance to heal properly.
Unfortunately it didn't really work, and he had yesterday and today off work in a lot of pain.  
Back to the physio today, and if that doesn't improve things, then it will be another trip back to the Dr.
I feel sorry for him, cos not only can he not shake the "man flu" from a few weeks ago, but now he has this neck pain which means he cant turn his neck at all, and is giving him pretty bad headaches with it as well.  All I hear all night is "cough cough, sniff sniff Arrgghh!!!"
I try to be patient, but it is pretty hard to do when I am being woken up a million times a night from him tossing and turning.
Ah well..... surely it can't last for much longer can it??  
Sunday was a relaxing day too.....
We headed in to town to meet up with the gorgeous Miss Cara and her divine new man for Yum Char.
It was great, although I didn't really think that much of the restaurant to be honest..... it had rave reviews on the internet, but I am pretty sure that I wont be going back there again.  Quite a lot of the stuff was cold by the time it got to us, and there was too much tofu and taro!  hahahahahaha.....
After Yum Char, we walked down the road a bit and got some Gelato....... OhMiGod!!!!!!!!!!  It was absolute BLISS!!!!
The creamiest ice cream ever!
My eyes were WAAAAAAAAY bigger than my belly (not hard these days!!) and I got the small cup with two flavours.... Macadamia nut & chocolate.
In hind sight I should have just got the kids cup, cos Jeremy ended up eating the majority of it all.
But....... it was pure heaven just to be able to have the taste that I did!  I did feel a teeny bit queasy afterwards, so in all honestly I probably had bit of mild "dumping" from it, but hey - it's not something that ya do every day huh???
Mum - STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES!!!!!!!   lol
Dinner on Sunday night was Subway!!!
I can get through a quarter of a subway wrap.  Yep - you read that right!   1/4 !!
Take a Subway wrap, cut it in half, cut it in half again and that is my dinner!
If ANYONE had told me 6 months ago that I would be full on that amount, I would have laughed in their face!
Now............ I am completely happy with the fact that I can eat that much, and feel completely satisfied.......... not bloated, or stuffed, or sick.
It's great!!!!!

I FINALLY got the chance to sort through the boxes of clothes that I have had sitting out in the garage for ages.....
And I am pleased to say that my wardrobe is now looking bloody healthy again!
I have trousers, and skirts, and shirts, and tops, and dresses and even a suit jacket that I can now fit in to!
Today, I am wearing a top/dress that I bought when I was in Sydney last time, my gorgeous little sister chose it, and I must admit, that when I saw it, I NEVER would have even picked it up off the rack..... it is in brown and gold and orange tones with a plaited brown belt just under the boobs.  It's hard to describe!!  lol
Anyway, I have had so many compliments on it today, and I have to agree that I actually suit the colours in it!
I am wearing it with black bootleg pants and a black merino top under it.   THANKS STEPH for having such great taste!!!  
Ooooo, and I found out yesterday that I can now ZIP UP my winter jacket from last year!
Well, actually, it is from the year before, cos last winter I couldn't zip it up, so it was fantastic to zip that little bugger all the way up to the top and stay snuggly warm!!!!  YAY!!!
Going through the clothes from the boxes was fantastic!  There was some stuff that I was able to list on TradeMe, cos even though it fits, it is the wrong season for it, and by the time Summer rolls around again, I will be too small for it!!!
Hahahahahahaha - TOO SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Me????
Too Small????
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Can ya tell I am amused by the whole scenario!?!  lol
Anyway, aside from the stuff that I have listed on TradeMe, there were a few items that are still a little "snug" so they have been put away for a few months, and I will give them a go in say about 10kgs!!
I also have a box that I didn't open, which contains a pile of clothes that I accumulated when I was losing weight last time, and it all stuff that is size 16 or smaller... I have a way to go before I am there, and I can hardly remember what is in it, so it will be exciting to open that one even further down the track!
It's all good baby!!!!!

Shit - in just 10kgs, I will be HALF WAY TO MY GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That just dawned on me then!  WOOHOO!!!!

Bring it on!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you had a good weekend foodwise. Bet is was great to catch up with Cara too.
    Hope the man is feeling a lot better by now. Must be driving you nuts!!!!!! LOL :)
    Just realised it's time to update your photos too.....another month has gone by!!!! You are shrinking!!! LOL
    Luv Ya
    Ma xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Jo I could cry. 10 more kg and then you are half way to goal... you are a farkin legend (excuse my language he he)

    I agree with your Ma, where are your photo's??????

    ReplyDelete