Friday, March 6, 2009
Friday 6th March
Well, my good intentions of going home last night and unpacking the boxes of clothes were thrown to the side when my girlfriend (Sue) rang to say "Come to the pub!"
The clothes were quickly forgotten and off we went!
It was an enjoyable few hours, laughing and talking and laughing more.....
I sat on one orange juice the whole time and didn't feel ripped off not to be drinking - YAY!
Then, she buggered off and Jeremy and I decided to go get some dinner.....
Driving down the street we saw some more friends, who said they were going to dinner at the local Chinese place, so we joined them and had another fantastic couple of hours.
I haven't laughed that much in a long time, and it was brilliant!
The daughter of the couple that we ended up having dinner with, had a Gastric Banding operation in November of last year, so we were able to talk a bit about that and how she is going. Also, the differences of the banding and the bypass..... it was all good!
They all decided that they were going to have a banquet type meal, and I was fine with that, cos it came with chicken and sweet corn soup! YUM!!!!
Anyway, there was 5 of us in total, and they got a banquet for 4, and some extra steamed dimsims.
One of the guys didn't want his soup, so I had that, and 2 steamed dimsims, and I was chocka, but it was fantastic!!!
I felt "normal", no one cared what I was eating, yet everyone made sure that I got something that I COULD eat, so it was just great all round.
Even when the others all ordered ice cream sundaes, I didn't batt an eyelid, as the ice cream just didn't interest me at all.
Oh how far I have come!! lol
We ended up getting back to my place at about 10pm, so it was a reasonably early night.
The boy racers were out in force last night, and were racing up and down the road for what seemed like hours.
I closed every single window in the place, but the noise was still quite loud, and I was still awake at 1am.
Managed to drift off to sleep soon after that though, and was surprised when my alarm went off at 6.30am.
Jeremy's car was parked out on the road, and I was the first to leave this morning, and noticed that some smart arse bastard had smashed the windscreen on his ute!
Luckily they hadn't managed to get in to the car, as his work laptop was in there, but it still means that it will be off the road for the weekend, as he can't get it fixed until Monday.
Stink!!!!!
This weekend will consist of doing lots of work on Jeremy's house, as we got the call through the week that the new kitchen is ready to go in.
But......... since we haven't finished getting the room ready for it, that means we will be working our butts off to get it finished and ready to take the new cabinetry.
I can't wait until it is all in.... it is just gonna look FABULOUS!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The chinese dounds really good. I know that yum char is a good alternative as well, and the WLS support group in Wellington go often. When the bill is split no one pays more than about $10.
ReplyDeleteHope all is going well wih the kitchen preparations at Jeremy's house.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say that everytime I read an entry from you now, I have a huge smile on my face because you sound so happy.
AWESOME!