Thursday, March 26, 2009
Thursday 26th March
The swimming went ahead as planned last night............. almost.........
As the afternoon wore on, I developed a painful headache, and swimming was the last thing in the world that I wanted (or needed) to do.
So, luckily my Prince Charming came to the rescue and instead of disappointing Rhian, Jeremy jumped in the pool with her.
I'm hoping that it wasn't a silly thing to do, considering his painful neck and recent bout of "man-flu", but either way, it saved me from having to get in and splash around!! Thank goodness :)
Mince was on the menu again last night..... and mashed potato.
I have found that I can eat both quite comfortably, so it is becoming a regular meal in our house.
Jeremy makes the best mince ever, and throws all sorts of ingredients in, giving it a really yummy flavour - so I left it all up to him last night, and once again - he didn't disappoint!!
It is soooo good to be able to "share the load" with someone else these days, Rhian adores him, and their relationship goes from strength to strength and it almost brings a tear to my eye to watch it blossom.
Awwwwww. what a sooky la la I am at times huh? hehehehe.....
The other evening, we had a knock at the door, it was our (elderly) neighbours daughter.
Her mother was stuck in the bath, and they needed a hand to get her out!!!!
Well, Jeremy was no use, cos of his stuffed neck, so I bowled on over, not sure of what to expect at all.
Now the old lady next door (she must be in her 80's) has dementia, so you never really know what you are gonna get when you see her, and Tuesday night was no exception.
I got in the bathroom, there she was, fully clothed, stuck on her butt in the bath.
Her husband (also in his 80's) walks with a limp, and can hardly keep himself upright at times, so he was no use.
So it was up to me and her daughter (who must be in her 60's) to haul her out of the empty bath.
We got her out no problems, and she was a little embarrassed, but I brushed it off, and told her not to give it a second thought, and off I went home again.
Well...... about 5 minutes later there was a knock at the door..... it was Alma, the wife, trying to give me a bottle of whisky for helping her out of the bath!!!
I FINALLY convinced her that I didn't want to take her whisky, and she went off home again.
2 minutes later there was another knock at the door.
It was Alma again.
This time she was trying to give me her bloody chest freezer!!!!!!!!
I sent her on her way - telling her that I didn't want her freezer and besides, I had no where to put it!
I thought all was well, when she suddenly appeared again, this time with a bottle of wine for me!
Her husband was two steps behind her, telling me to take it cos if I didn't, she would never let up! hehehehe....
That was all good, I didn't hear from them again.......
Until........
Last night when I arrived home after work, there was Ray waiting for me.
He was so worried, because Alma had just told him that she was giving me their freezer!!!!
Hahahahahahahaha........
I just laughed and told him that I had no intention of taking their freezer!
I think he was bloody relieved at that!!!
It must be so damn hard to live with someone with Dementia.
I can't begin to imagine the pain that it must cause at times....
So sad.....
Anyway, it's lunch time for me, so I am off to find something to eat.....
I have been hungry today for some reason!
Doesn't happen often, so I really shouldn't complain! hehehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor old dear, lucky to have a good neighbour like you. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteKym/OZ
My Mum had the beginning stages of Dementia and yes it can be really hard. We were so lucky that she went before she didn't know who we were. Just a thought, I went to www.wholewater.co.nz and got a voucher for a free bottle of their new protein water. I am going to try it this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteTo start with I had visions of Jeremy helping her out and she was naked! Glad to hear she had some clothes on, not normally what you have on in the bath! Poor woman - but you must have had a grin or two.
ReplyDeleteThank the Lord you accepted the wine or heaven knows what else you would have been offered ROFL.
ReplyDeleteLuv Ya xoxo
Wonder what's on offer tonight then. Poor ole dear.
ReplyDeleteHope the hunger subsides and and you can work through it.