Monday, March 9, 2009
Monday 9th March 2009 - 2
My gorgeous girl on holiday.....
The weekend was bloody busy...
Started on Friday night with a few drinks at the pub - orange juice for me!
Sue and I went and had dinner at the restaurant attached to the pub, and I felt semi-normal for a brief while! hehehe
She ordered the chicken that was stuffed with mozzarella and hazelnuts with vegetable ratatouille, and I ordered the entree of mushrooms with tomato and something else...
Anyway, mine came out as FOUR portobello mushrooms and I knew by looking at it that I would be lucky to get through ONE of them!
I was right! One mushroom down, and a tiny bit cut off the end of Sue's chicken, and I was stuffed!
She thought it was great, cos not only did she get her main, but she got 75% of mine as well!
Saturday morning Jeremy and I headed to his place to begin the hard task of sanding and scraping, and got a hell of a lot done, it was great!
I stripped the final two walls in the kitchen, then sanded the walls in the lounge, and he plastered the walls in the last bedroom.
The new kitchen gets delivered today, and I can't wait to see it for real, as opposed to just seeing pictures of it!
Gonna head over there tonight after work to check it out.
Saturday night I went out with Sue and Sharon to the "Petone Carnival" and it was a bitter disappointment!
The street was blocked off and there were bands out on the road playing, but it just lacked something, and we all came away thinking that we wouldn't bother next year - if it happens again.
So, since that was a non-event, we headed off to the pub (again) and just lounged around on the couches talking and laughing - home by 10pm so it was a great evening!
Sunday was a sleep in day, and I finally got out of bed at about 10.15am!
My feet were killing me from the work the day before, as I had been up and down the ladder for most of the day, but had been in JANDALS to do it!
I forgot to take decent shoes to the house with me, so thought jandals would be OK.
They were at the time, but I certainly paid for it on Sunday!
Jeremy and I headed off for YumCha for lunch, and once again, it was brilliant to be able to feel "normal" in what I was eating!
OK, so I only had one steamed dumpling and one steamed dimsum thing, but I was out and enjoying myself, and NOT feeling sick! YAY!
Funny thing is......... before I had the surgery, our YumCha bill could quite easily get to $40 or $50 dollars for just the two of us.....
Yesterday, it was $12!!!!!
Goes to show how much food I could put away! hehehehe.....
Plus, my favourite dish was always the crispy roast pork, which was the most expensive dish on the menu, and of course, I cant eat that now, and Jeremy doesn't really like it, so we didn't get it! Great money saver!!!
After lunch on Sunday we headed off to Harvey Norman to check out heating units for Jeremy's house, but got side tracked in the computer department!
After 2 1/2 hours in the store (yes - you read that right! TWO AND A HALF HOURS!!!!!) Jeremy walked out with a new laptop.
It has all the bells and whistles, and with 18 months interest free, it was a good buy!
Of course, I am wrapt with it, because it means that I get to have his old one, and can FINALLY get rid of my old dinosaur!!!
My old laptop doesn't have a built in wireless modem, so I actually have to plug in a thing to get "wireless" - sounds bizarre huh?
Plus, it doesn't have a lot of the things that his old one has, so I am upgrading to his cast offs and couldn't be happier!!
More memory, faster processor, and a lot newer than my current one...... it's a win / win situation me thinks!
It's almost like getting a brand new Laptop for myself too!
WITHOUT THE COST!!!!!
YAY!!! :)
Anyway, while we were at Harvey Norman, Chris called to ask if I could have Rhian as he was sick, so Marie (his girlfriend) dropped her off to me at the shop.
I didn't realise how much I had missed her until I saw her and just about burst in to tears!!!!
It is sooooooo good to have her back, and she has been delighting me with stories of Australia and all the adventures that they had!
The main one of course being their Zoo visit and the fact that the monkeys ate their poop!!!
She cracks up when she tells this story over and over again!
Too cute!!!
After we finally managed to get away from Harvey Norman, I headed off to meet up with the gorgeous Miss Cara for a coffee and a catch up.
This AMAZING girl has lost over 50kg in just 6 months and looks fantastic!!!
I just about cry every time I see her, cos she looks so damn incredible!!!
Anyway, she had a huge bag of awesome clothes for me!!!
It was chockka block with absolutely gorgeous stuff, and there was even a stunning dress, and a Suit for work!
I was absolutely blown away with it all, and although none of it fits at the moment (STINK!!!), I KNOW that I will be in it in a few months time - FANTASTIC!!!!!
THANKS GORGEOUS!!!!!
So, after saying goodbye to the clothes fairy.... I went and did the grocery shopping, then headed home to get dinner ready, as Sue, Sharon and Jayden were coming around.
I made open chicken burgers with homemade chunky wedges and everyone loved it all!
I had about 2 bites of the chicken and a small amount of the salad stuff, plus one potato wedge, and I was done!
They all just cracked up at me, especially when I didn't go near desert - home made fruit crumble with cream.
It totally didn't interest me in the slightest!!!
Too funny!
So there ya have it - a wrap up of my weekend.....
This week I have Rhian, so am not too sure what form of exercise I will attempt, but I KNOW that I have to do something!
It's the end of the week that I am looking forward to like you wouldn't believe......
Steph is flying in from Sydney, I am taking half a days leave, and we are driving up to Rotorua for our Aunty & Uncles combined 65th birthday party on Saturday.
Mum and Dad will already be up there, as they have been on holiday up that way for the past week, and I am taking Rhian (and Jeremy too at this stage).
Then I have my 6 week check up in Hamilton on Monday the 16th, so have the Monday and Tuesday off work.
YAY!!!!!!
Can't wait to just get away and have some time out..... it will be FANTASTIC!!!!!
And of course, it will give me a chance (on Monday) to talk to the lovely people at the clinic about my non-existent weight loss!!
Although I am sure that by Monday, the scales WILL have moved again!!!!!
They bloody better have anyway!!!! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Yum Char is one of the favs of the Wellington WLS support group. I am sure they will reassure you at the clinic that it is all going toplan and that you willhave littl plateuxs
ReplyDeleteRhian gets cuter everytime I see her.
ReplyDeleteFantastic news about the 'clothes fairy', one of the best things about dropping the kilo's will be all the new lovely clothes you get to where.
Sounds like another full on weekend coming up with the Hamilton and Rotorua trip....busy girl.
How did the kitchen look?