Thursday, March 12, 2009
Thursday 12th March
I'm thinking of going public again....
Dunno yet, but I have been thinking about it for a while....
I am totally over the issues that saw me go private, and stay private, so why not?
Actually - to be honest, I can't even remember the reasons behind going private at all.
I think it was something to do with the surgery and feeling "embarrassed" that I had chosen that option.
Now, I see the surgery as one of the best bloody decisions I have ever made in my life, so I don't care who knows to be honest.
Plus, it's time to put on my big girl panties and forget about what "everyone" else thinks of me or what I choose to do.
So there ya have it!
Yesterday was a busy old day, and after work, we headed to Jeremy's place to finish off the bits that we needed to do for the plasterer.
He was booked to go in today and finish off the lounge and kitchen, so that Jeremy and his dad can fit the new kitchen tomorrow.
Can't wait to go over tonight and see what the place looks like now!
Last night we knocked out a wall, plus the old hot water cupboard and it opened up the rooms so much - AWESOME!!!
Oh yeah..... he has decided to stay at home this weekend and get as much done on the house as possible.
FANTASTIC!!!!
I mean, I would have loved for him to come to Rotorua and Hamilton with me, but then again, I can't wait for the house to be finished and livable in again!!!
So...... the weekend away will now be a "girls weekend"! YAY!!!!
Rhian and I will pick up Steph from the airport, then road-trip it up to Rotorua tomorrow afternoon / evening.
I'm lucky that Steph can drive, so we can share that task - I hope *wink*
Friday night we are there "alone", then Saturday will see Mum & Dad join us in Rotorua from Waihi, where they have been having an amazing holiday by all accounts!
The combined 65th birthday party for my Aunty and uncle is on Saturday afternoon, and I am sure that will be a laugh a minute!
My relatives are a funny bunch, and we always seem to have a blast when we are together.......... even if one uncle can be a bit of a prick with what he says at times!!!
I am pretty sure we have all learnt to take what he says with a grain of salt, and love him for all his faults! hahahahahahaha......
He is the type of guy that will say to me "Wow Jo, you aren't getting any smaller are you?!"
And he would say to Steph "You are all skin and bones girl"
Of course, neither of us want to hear EITHER of those kinds of things........ especially from a toothless balding ugly git like he is! Hahahahahahaha.....
But, like I said - we love him anyway!!!!! And we KNOW that he loves us, no matter what crap comes out of his mouth :)
Not entirely sure what the plan will be for Sunday.......
Mum & Dad are heading home, and I am pretty sure that they are taking Rhian with them.
Not sure if Steph is going with them, or staying with me, but either way, I will head over to Hamilton on Sunday and stay there Sunday night, all ready for my 6 week appointments on Monday morning.
Turns out that Janene will be in Hamilton on Sunday night too (bloody huge coincidence!!) so I definitely wont be alone, and will probably end up staying at the same motel that she is - YAY!!!!
I will head home after my last appointment on Monday, and I really really want to get back to Wellington, but I might end up having to stay in Foxton the night - depending on what time I get there.
I have Tuesday off on annual leave, and would LOVE to be able to spend the time painting the walls at Jeremy's place. I LOVE painting - it is my favourite part of DIY, so I am chomping at the bit to get stuck in there.
I put on a skirt this morning, only to come to the realisation that it is too big already - I have worn it twice!
And, the thing that pissed me off even more than finding it looked like a potato sack????
The fact that I had just spent 10 minutes ironing the bugger!!!
I am definitely going to have to open those boxes soon, as I have hardly anything left in my wardrobe anymore!
I have 3 skirts, 2 pairs of pants, and about 5 tops that fit me and are suitable to wear to work.
My "weekend" clothes consist of about three tops, a few t-shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of 3/4 length jeans and a pair of trackies that are actually too short!!!
I'm gonna be away for my weekly weigh in next Monday, so I am not going to bother to weigh until the following weekend.
HOPEFULLY my plateau will be over by then, and the numbers will start going down again!
Ya never know - I might even get a surprise when I jump on the scales!! It would be nice!!!!
**CAUTION** The following is a vent about my friend, if you don't want to read me complaining.... STOP HERE!!
Rhian and I are out for dinner tonight at a friends place.
I don't actually want to go at all, but I hate reneging on plans, so I will go and suffer through it.
I love my friend, really I do, but she has been testing my patience lately, and I am getting quite annoyed with it all.
She has 4 kids: One has finally moved out of home - he seems to be the only sensible one! One is still living at home, working part time, smoking drugs, drinking booze and when she isn't doing any of that - she is sleeping, or making a mess.
One lives with his father, but comes around to take full advantage of the house and scab money from my friend.
The youngest is a know-it-all little shit of a kid, and he is actually the reason that we are going there for dinner tonight. It is his 12th birthday.
I don't like the kid, I can't stand the way he talks to his mother, I can't stand the way she talks to him, they are more like husband and wife than mother and son, and it gets on my last nerve.
He is the "oldest" 12 year old that I have ever met, and he has been exposed to more things that any child of his age should ever have been!!!!
And.... as a result, is a shithead that I don't have any time for, and because he is a shithead, he has no friends of his own.
Anyway, because he doesn't have any friends (my friend has NEVER encouraged him to have / make any) she has invited me, another friend of ours, and some friends of her druggie daughters to come around for dinner.
But...... because my friend is so flat broke, WE have to provide dinner.
If she thinks that kid is getting a present...... she is seriously pushing shit up hill!
Anyway, I really do hate complaining about my friend here, but over the past few weeks she has pulled at my last nerve.
I invited her and another friend for dinner on Sunday night. She brought her shithead kid, which I knew she would do.
Now this kid has NO manners, and he gets that from his mother!
She walked in to my house, picked up a Courier "card to call" notification off my table, and proceeded to grill me about what I had coming on a courier, where it was from, how much had I spent etc etc.
It was only some second hand kindy clothes for Rhian by the way :)
That got my back up straight away! I would never, EVER read ANYTHING that was addressed to someone else!!
Then......... she started going through a pile of the clothes that I was selling on TradeMe, and put on a cardigan/jacket thing, and proceeded to tell me that she would have it for nothing!
Now....... this top was a size 24, and she is a size 12!!! Mental!!!!
Anyway, she plonks her ass down on the couch, and wants to know what is for dinner.
Not ONCE did she offer to help........... but then again - i have known her for years - I wouldn't have expected anything less!
I made some deep fried Camembert cheese with plum sauce as an entree - 2 blocks of Camembert gave me 20 little wedges to deep fry.
There were 6 of us there including Rhian.
Jeremy got 3 pieces, I got 1 piece (to try), our other friend had 3 pieces and Rhian didn't get any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Between her and her greedy little pig of a son with no manners, they polished off the lot in about 3 minutes flat!!!
And the ONLY reason that I even got one piece, was because I could see them all hoovering it up, and actually said - "Can someone please save me a piece before it all disappears!!!!!"
And for the record...... I only ate the cheese inside (which I am allowed), NOT the deep fried crumbed bit.
Right, so that was the entree over........... on to the main course.
NO ONE offered to help with the plates (except Jeremy), NO ONE offered me any help with dinner (again, except Jeremy).
I dished it up, and again - the vultures swooped in!
Then, the plates were dumped on the bench by the shithead son, in a pile, with food still on them, and she stretched out on the laziboy chair and asked how far away desert would be!!!!!!!!!
I nearly threw the fucken stuff at her!!!!
I took the crumble out of the oven, and put it on the bench to sit, when her shithead son got up and helped himself to it!
I just said to him that it wasn't ready, and he could wait for everyone else!!!
10 minutes later I said that it was ready, and again, it was demolished in a matter of seconds!!!!!
Jeremy and I just sat there and looked at each other in utter disbelief!
Then, the dirty plates were left on the table, and she had the audacity to stop our other friend from going out for a smoke, because "she" wanted to go!!!!
I was gobsmacked!!!!!!!!!!!
As they were all leaving, she said "Right, so it is dinner at my place on Thursday night, and you all have to bring the food cos I am broke"
Then she text me last night and said "U still on for tomorrow? Bring pasta"
I text back saying "I can't eat pasta, i will sort something else out"
So......... I really don't want to go at all.
I KNOW how the evening will go.....
Her daughters stoner mates will be there, and none of them would have brought any food.
Our other friend is a seafood freak, and will take a salad with seafood through it.
My friend will have (if we are lucky) a loaf of bread.
I have made a lasange...... just because it was easy to do and I had all the ingredients already.
So...... I wont eat, Rhian will be lucky to get anything, and her shithead son will be a classic shit, and piss me off within minutes of getting there!
I have decided to take a step back from the friendship at the moment to be honest. I can't be bothered with all the drama that comes along with it.
She complains that she hardly sees me, yet it is always me that has to go to see her. The only time she will come to my place is if there is food on offer.
I ALWAYS have to pick her up if we are going anywhere, and she uses me as a taxi service too often.
Maybe I am just getting too old for all the bullshit? She is 40 and last year was "seeing" a 20 year old. She regularly parties with her daughters loser mates, and just the other weekend got absolutely trollied with 3 19 year old guys at her house - friends of her daughters! Then........ posted pictures of them all being drunk on Facebook.
Argh!!!! I'm just getting myself wound up now.......... I said at the start of this that I love my friend, but now I'm not really sure why after reading back through it all!!!
Guess I am just sick and tired of being taken for granted!
Righto...... vent over.
I'm a horrible friend huh???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my god!! DITCH that friend! Sorry - that opinion just jumped out of me but come on! What sort of friend treats you like that. Poor you! Next time you have to go there and take dinner either burn it or take something horrible. Lace it with arsenic maybe? Hehe, stopping now!
ReplyDeleteNo you aren't a horrible friend. Horrible is the word for her and friend doesn't even come into it.
ReplyDeleteSome people enter your life for a reason and sometimes you have to let them go. I would be thinking seriously about letting this one go!
Have you thought if you were public blogging you probably wouldn't have vented like that.
I don't think youa re being unreasonable Jo. We all need to feel appreciated in our relationships, friendships etc. I think that at the moment you are so aware of your feelings and emotions and your journey that you actually do take a good look at the people in your life and are they still worth teh energy that you spend on them.
ReplyDeleteYou are trimming the fat in all others areas, maybe some friendships need trimming as well.
OMG Jo I just read your post about your "friend" and had to turn on my computer to add my two cents (it's easier than my iPod!!)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all not to be really judgmental but unfortunately working in a public hospital Emergency Department I have seen many of these dysfunctional families. Where the parents aren't the parents but the best friend and the children rule the roost, this cycle is very hard to break unless the parent gets some cojones and some self-respect and becomes an adult.
I don't think you should go to your "friends" house for dinner. Make an excuse, tell her you're having a 'dumping' (of her anyway!!)
First of all why has she invited you all over if you have to provide the food. We all go through tough times financially and we would go without ourselves before using our "friends" to provide a birthday dinner for our children.
It sounds as if you have been a good friend to her for a while and helped prop her up on many occasions. Sometimes you just need to get out. By having surgery and thinking of going public you are showing that you are courageous and strong. Don't stay in this "friendship" because you feel you have to or because you don't want to hurt her, you need to continue to look after yourself too. You are worth more than what this friend gives you and by letting her boss you around, snoop through your stuff and abuse you, she feels as if she has the power. She doesn't Jo, you do. You are showing us all that with your progress - not just in weightloss but in life. You don't deserve to be treated this way and are worth more than that.
So break it off Jo - you deserve to. You're obviously VERY unhappy with her as your tales took up half your post!!
Also it may make the son realise that you can't treat people like that and get away with it. Remember he learnt his behaviour from somewhere too...
Whoops!! Sorry my comment was so lengthy!!
ReplyDeleteI logged in again and thought Jo had made another entry!
What a diatribe!!
Hey sweetie, shed the excess - whether that be weight, too big clothes or nasty "friends"! You can do it all my lovely!!! PS. Have a fantastic time on the weekend... wish I was coming too! Luv ya, xxx
ReplyDeleteNo you are not a nasty friend at all!!!! She does not act like a friend and as for her a'hole of a son well I would literally like to knock him into next week (I know you cant but geez I am sitting her in Australia thinking about he next plane I can jump on just to knock his fucking block off) *sorry I am now ranting*. Poor Rhian has to be subjected to this also and it is a shitty environment to have her in. She is a doll and you BOTH deserve better you are a good person and have taught your daughter to be the same.
ReplyDeleteOk good luck with Monday, cant wait to hear how your weekend went.
PS I would put laxettes in the lasagne and take something else for your gorgeous girl to eat. That will make them think twice about being so rude and asking you to bring food to their party :(
Hahahahah I love the laxatives comment - brilliant!
ReplyDeleteJust ask yourself mate, why do you class her as a friend? What does she give you in a friendship because it sounds like you do all the giving and she does all the taking........why waste your time?
I'd just let this 'friendship' die a natural death and I would also make up an excuse about NOT going to the 12 year old's birthday.
Oh ditto to Rachel's comment. Ugh with friends like that who needs enemies.
ReplyDeleteDitch ditch ditch.....
Don't let her drag ya down when everything else is going so well.... ask yourself WHY are you friends>? What's she got to offer? Nuthin!
She is pissing me off and I don't even know her (atlhogh am now tempted to go RIGHT through Facebook to find her... nah I won't!!)
Get rid of her.
Sorry for harsheness but really, what's she bringing to the friendship (if she can't even bring anything to the DINNER!! For Goodness Sakes!)
Ugh.
Off to bed...
(sorry - twas very harsh of me I know but COME ON!!)
:)
Happy Days!
Kate
PS: Best of luck for Hamilton - I have my rellies in Rotorua too but am pretty sure I told you that many moons ago.
Sorry - my typing is terrible... have had a "daycare trip" day which included 400 kids under 5 - I kid you not, 400!! Was not arranged the best and I am very tired - hence the spelling mistakes. Still, opinion is the same - get rid of her!
ReplyDeleteOK. You a horrible friend? Hell no. Get rid of her and I'm all for honesty, I'd tell her why too! Just because you have been friends for years, does not mean friends for life.
ReplyDeleteShe is using you. Probably because she doesn't know any better - and perhaps you are enabling this?
I'm sure you, Jeremy & Rhian can have a much better time on your own. Don't bother... only she can help herself. You worry about your stuff. You've obviously done plenty for your 50% of the friendship and she's not stepping up. I understand that people can have a bad patch, but this seems too much. If she has facebook, then she probably has a computer and internet access - therefore she must have SOME money.
That is so terrible that she can't be a mother to her kids and provide for them.
Those kids are the ones who have been let down more though, they'll suffer because of her - for life. You don't have to.
If she can prove herself to be a good friend down the track, then maybe give the friendship another go. But I think she needs to know that she's losing you as a friend BECAUSE of who she has become.
Ditch her, go public and send her the link!!
Just my 2 cents worth
*steps down off my high horse* ;)
I dont think your a horrible friend at all ! I think you have been incredibly patient. I think part of this journey we stop feeling like a doormat...we get that confidence and realise we are as important as everyone else. Do whats right for you Jo...I would have no patience with your friend lol
ReplyDeletekazz =]
Wow look at all your comments!!!
ReplyDeleteYou should 'bitch' more often Jo, it brings about lively discussions!!
Hope you're not at her place now doing the dishes!!
LOL mel_berry2000, from what I have read about Jo over the years she would be the kind of sweetheart to clean up the place before she left. Jo if you can tune in to us, leave now, let them clean up.........
ReplyDeleteWe luv ya Jo and if you ever came to my house (in Brisbane Australia) I wouldnt expect you to bring a meal LOL xoxoxoxoxoxox
ok, I hate to be the one to say it but after reading about 'the friend' the first thing that springs to mind is that that isn't the actions of a friend at all.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately she probably doesn't even realise how offensive her actions are as people like that are often such 'takers' that they don't appear to have the ability to reflect on their own actions and take a good hard look at themselves.
In fact I used to have a friend who was a little like this. (we had been friends since we were 13years old, so it was a very gradual thing) but about 5 years ago it became very apparent that our friendship was based around me giving, and her taking. (to the point where she would add things for herself to my grocery shopping and after I had paid for them, she would retrieve them out of the bag and take them home with her). She also had a son who walk into my home and head straight for the pantry to make himself a sandwich. Somewhere along the way the boundaries were crossed and its very hard to reestablish them if the other people don't appear to even notice how rude and offensive they are.
My friend had many good points, (she was married and settled with a lovely guy, so didn't have the aspect of hanging around with deadbeats, and she is also a good mum) but at the end of the day I found the continual 'taking' and expecting to take was just to much and pulled away from the friendship. Friendship should be something that is mutually beneficial (support, fun, good times etc) and when it stops being that then its probably time to really reevaluate it.
In regards to Sunday night, Why arn't you and Janene coming to stay with me for the night, THEN heading TO Hamilton on Monday morning. I know its a wee hike across the Kaimais but it would be lovely to have ya both here and your both more then welcome anytime. I rattle around in the house and have plenty of space.
I think it's all been said about your friend. Cut the ties. You're not doing her any favours by letting her get away with that shit either. Trust me as you get older you become a lot more intolerant of bad behaviour. Tell it like it is.
ReplyDeleteSo you're in my neck of the woods tonight. Whoops, wonder if you're at the same motel as me. I'll send you an email with my cell no. and if you get a chance give me a txt and maybe we can grab a coffee somewhere.
Well.
ReplyDeleteWell.
Well.
Three holes in the ground.
Throw her in one, her son in another and any reminders of the association in the other and be done with it.
Friends don't treat friends like shit.
We are what we are surrounded by and she is only sucking you down.
I wouldn't even go, I would hve faked sickness.
-I think you have used the wrong vocab here, friend is not a word to describe this person, maybe its time to cast her afloat, ask yourself the question, is this a good example to Rhian??? I am sure that Rhian is a clever child and will pick up on your feeling towards this person, I so agree with Jules, dont even go there, she might get the message!
ReplyDeleteJo, You don't need her, she is a negative in your life.
ReplyDeleteI think it is pretty obvious that the general concensus is that you do NOT need this person in your life. Until she can behave with some common manners & decency then it is time to pull back.
ReplyDeleteShe is rude, her son is rude & she appears to only be interested in spending time with you if she gets something out of it.
Ring her & tell her you or Rhian are sick & cannot go to dinner - I hate to reneg on things too but why should you sit thru another evening in the company of people you do not like, who do not give a shit about you & that at the end of the day - you bloody paid for (by providing food).
Ring another friend (one who makes you feel good & tell them you have a lasagne & invite them for dinner. Don't answer the phone if it rings.
You are supposed to look forward to seeing friernds, not dread it.
I totally agree with everything that's been said.
ReplyDeleteFriendship goes two ways and this one is only going one way. I'd definitely be sick that night.
Have a fantastic weekend away with your family Jo.
Ditch this person, she is not a friend. You Jo are one of the kind ( THE BEST) and don't have to put up with this kind of S@#$@$# (SHIT).
ReplyDeleteYou have a big heart and will find the best in anyone BUT you need to put YOU and YOUR beautiful daughter FIRST you deserve to be happy and not have to have this going on in your life.
Your results are fanstatic All the very best for a great weekend in Rotorua and for Monday as well will be good for you to catch up with Janene as well. ( You both are looking Fab)
Have you had a look at those boxes yet???
We'd like some updated photos please :) Hera & Jackie!
ReplyDeleteHey, Thanks for the invite!
ReplyDeleteJo your amazing and this year is about changing your life and lossing weight, maybe it is time to loss this friend or have a break for a while. You deserve better than her!
ReplyDelete