Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday 3rd September



Not much going on.... work is mental, I didn't even get a lunch break today - I have literally been sitting at my desk all day!

OK - so I had a coffee this morning, and I have been to the loo a few times, but the rest of the day I have just been working my butt off!
My big boss is away and has delegated a hell of a lot of work out to the plebs..... all to be done by TOMORROW!!!

ARGH!!!!

Dinner at Sue's last night was pleasant enough, but she really does confuse me!
She literally has NO MONEY, her outgoings are greater than her incomings, yet she blew close to $40 last night on dinner!

Instead of cooking something, she went to the local BBQ chicken place and bought enough for six people.
Sometimes I just shake my head in amazement at her stupidity.
Anyway......  not my battle I guess *shrugs*

I was a busy beaver last night when I got home (by 9pm I might add!) and I did 4 loads of washing!
I chucked some in the drier, some on the clothes horse under the heat pump, and the rest I though I would hang out this morning...

Just sheets and towels.
DUH!!!
I totally forgot that the washing line was lying on the back lawn didn't I???
So, I spent half an hour at the bloody launderette this morning, watching the towels tumble dry!
Ah well, at least I am fully up to date with it all now....

Without Jeremy in the house, it is too quiet, and lonely.
I had a crap sleep last night, partly cos I was cold and had no one to snuggle up to, and partly cos I think I had worked myself up in to a bit of a panic about being home alone!
I mean, I used to live by myself for gods sake!!!

I guess it is because I have now gotten used to always having someone around, that when he is not there, it is just plain weird!
Anyway, I am hoping that tonight will be a better night, and that I will actually manage to get some sleep.


I have Avon to deliver straight after work, then I am gonna call in to see my friend Anne and her gorgeous kittens.
After that I will head home and have an early night I think.
How exciting!!!!

Righto - this most definitely isn't helping me achieve any deadlines, so I will sign off here and make the most of the remaining 40 minutes of my work day.

It is so bloody quiet out there in blogger land...... everyone must have a life except me :)

6 comments:

  1. OOOO I hope your freind Sue doesn't read your blog!
    I hope you can resist the kittens.
    And I am still around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I can't spell for shit.. friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mummy is still here....just not got a computer of my own!!!!! Should have mine back tomorrow.......having some more ram added to it :)
    Hope you sleep better tonight....I can empathise with you.....I hate it too.
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess when one is into eating more healthily it does feel like a waste to spend that much on what is often pretty junky food, but i have to sympathize with her because twice earlier this year i put hours of work in to make good healthy food and despite my lack of money i did spend more than $40 on 6 people, with some seafood to add to home made healthy pizzas that i made, and then on both occasions everybody cancelled at the last minute, and on one occasion they went out with each other and had junk food together somewhere else. They had told me they were into a healthy food regime to keep the weight from escalating further, but i guess in the end no amount of time i spent making a healthy dessert, and main meals made them feel like the trip through the traffic to get to my place. At least your friend found a way to get everyone there, adn hopefully they reciprocate with asking her for a meal sometime.
    It is great you are at that point where junk food like that seems like a waste of money,wish i had a few more people in that mind frame over here in Melbourne from Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted some pretty dress pictures on my blog... have a nosey missy! Must update again soon xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem quiet out there at the moment!

    Are you tempted with getting a kitten?!?

    ReplyDelete