Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday 24th September 2009


I "splashed out" yesterday.....
A few weeks ago I went in to Pagani and tried on a jacket - size L.
It was too big, and the shop chick offerred to order in a Medium for me.
At the time I declined, but I went back a few days later and got her to order it.
Well, I got the phone call yesterday - it was there!
Off to the shop I went......
I grabbed a few other things to try on and headed to the changing room, "just in case" the jacket didn't fit, I would be in the safety of the changing cubicle, and no one else would see.
Well, I needn't have bothered!
It fits perfectly!

And the funny thing???
The green jersey I took in there with me - was too big!!!
So I got a MEDIUM in that too!!!
I was so pleased with myself!!!!!
It is such a buzz to be able to actually fit stuff in the normal shops!

I don't think I will EVER get sick of it! lol

Righto... what else??
Ummmm, I have found the PERFECT chocolate cake recipe!
Yeah, yeah, I know - this is suppose to be a blog about weight loss right?
hahahahaha.... well, there are other people in theis house that can still eat yummy stuff, so I thought I would be a good hostess last week, and make a choccie cake for our house guests - Cara & Owen.
I made it on Saturday morning, iced it later that day, and then COMPLTELY forgot to bring it out and offer it to our guests all weekend!!!!
Anyway.......... I ws told that the cake gets better the longer it is left to sit, and I have to agree!!
Jeremy & Rhian had the last two pieces today, and I pinched a bit.... DIVINE!!!!
It is more moist and tasty today than what it was on Sunday!!
Here is the recipe:


MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients:
2 cup sugar
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
Dash salt
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup salad oil
1 cup boiling water
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together, putting eggs and milk in last.
Cocoa can be dissolved in boiling water before adding.
Batter is very runny.

Put in one 9 x 13 or two 8 inch pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.

FROSTING:
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cup Icing sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup milk
Mix cocoa and sugar together first, add remaining ingredients.
Stir until smooth.



YUMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo on the new clothes.
    Will have to make that cake for the "guests" or maybe they can make it. I am sure 3 little ones would enjoy doing that:) Not sure how Nana would cope though LOL
    Have a good day tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you to be fitting in all these skinny clothes! Go you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a massive buzz on the clothes size - well done! And I just ignored that part about the chocolate cake, the last time i read a blog update someone mentioned pizza and I was thinking about it for days afterwards ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool clothes Miss Jo! :) And thanks again for having us!

    ReplyDelete