Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday 28th September #2



Forgot to mention in my earlier post that I sent away for some protein powder samples  (THANKS JANENE!!!!)  and they arrived today on the courier.

I decided that I really need to start back on them again, as I have been skipping breakfast completely, and just relying on a coffee to get me through until lunchtime - which it does quite nicely I might add :)
But it's just not a good habit to be getting in to, and I figure the sooner I break it - the better!!!
Anyways...... The MAIN reason for me going back to the protein shakes?
My hair has started to fall out again :(
Not as bad as it did a while back when I was pulling great chunks of it out of the plughole after every shower..... Eeewwww!!
But certainly enough for me to notice it, and enough for me to want to do something about it!
So..... like I said, I sent away for some samples of protein powder, and I tried the strawberry one this morning.
I totally agree with Janene - it DOES taste like strawberry Quik!  
And, it doesn't leave a yucky aftertaste like a lot of them do.
I also have samples of the Chocolate, Vanilla & "Natural" so I will have one for breakfast every day this week, see what one is the best, then order a tub of it.
It's not that cheap (between $40 - $70 for 1kg) so I want to make sure that I LIKE what I am gonna buy!  
I still have 1/2 a tub left of the stuff that I got directly after my surgery.... I just can't face it anymore.
Me thinks that is due to the fact that I had it everyday on everything for a while, now I just can't stand the smell of it at all.
Which reminds me.... I must take it up to Mum's :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL I sent for some of those samples too :) Hope the hair loss stops real fast although it is "moulting season" LOL
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine over the weekend, I loved the strawberry too and the chocolate isn't too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Protein shakes are great aren't they?!? So easy to pick up and drink - so much less fuss than real eating, but yeah, they do get sooooo boring after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they the eat me ones? I let Zola know about them and all of a sudden they've taken off!!! They are good though! So yummy! The isolate is great too - something like 95% protein!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you give me the link/info for those protein shake samples?

    ReplyDelete