Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Wednesday 18th November
Rhian was up at 5.20am this morning - I was NOT happy!
I sent her back to bed, and told her that she had a choice....
She could either go back to sleep, or read a book quietly to herself.
Well, DUH! Of course she chose the book option!
So I told her that she had to be quiet until 6am.
I showed her the time on her clock, and explained that when the big hand was on the 12 and the small hand was on the 6, then she could come back and let me know, and that I would get up with her.
Well, it seemed that no sooner had I dragged my tired butt back to bed, I heard little footsteps down the hall way, and a wee face appeared by my bedside.
I was SURE that I hadn't fallen asleep and not realised it... but when she said that the clock was showing her it was time, then I really did start to doubt myself.
A quick check of her clock told me that it WAS 6am........ but I still had my suspicions!
Checked my clock, and whaddaya know??? It was only 5.30am!
Me: "Rhian. You have moved the hands on the clock haven't you?"
Rhian: "No"
Me: "Yes you have - you must have, because my clock tells me that it is only 5.30am"
Rhian: "Yeah, I did"
Me: "That's not good!"
Rhian: "Well, they were moving to bloody slow by themselves Mum!!"
Hahahahahahahaha.......
What the heck can ya say to that???
Needless to say, it was an early start this morning!!!!!
I was checking out my measurements chart last night - just to see how far I had come, and I was a little bit blown away by it all.
My Bust has gone from 115cm to 97cm - that is 18cm just off my boobs and back fat - no wonder my "lady lumps" are looking like someone has stuffed a golf ball into a sock and played "pin the boobie on the fat chick!" hehehehe....
My Waist has gone from 119cm to 81cm - that is 38cm just from my middle!!!
Check this out........ my hips have gone from 150cm down to 99cm - an incredible 51cm gone forever!!!
My thighs have shrunk from 96cm (EACH) to 69cm! No bloody wonder I used to have such trouble in finding pants that fit those chunky mothers!!!
Even my calves have shrunk a lot from 51cm to 43cm - still want to work on these obviously!!
And my upper arms have gone from 47cm down to 35cm - 12cm off each arm!! CRAZY STUFF!!!
I have gone from a size 26 (bottom) to a 16, and a 24 (top) to a 14-16.
It's incredible to think that I can pretty much walk in to any store and find something to fit.
It's just a shame that I don't have an unlimited source of $$'s to do this with! hehehehe.....
So..... the next time I bitch and moan about the numbers not dropping on the scales - remind me about this post will ya?
It brings it all back in to perspective pretty damn quickly I can tell ya!!!
I have 10 weeks to get to goal....... and 8.7kgs to lose to get there!
I have to pull my finger out of my butt and get my head back in the game!
I have NEVER been this close to goal in my life, and you can bet your ass that I am gonna make it this time!!!!
YeeHa!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG to Rhian's reply this morning! I read it out to Stephan and we were both laughing away! Rachel is going through a 5am wake up but am hoping that we are starting to break the habit!
ReplyDeleteAnd WOW to your shrinking body!!! There are some amazing results there Jo!!! And you are looking bloody fantastic!!!!
LOL about Rhian and wow girl those stats are awesome :-)
ReplyDeleteGee we love our grandaughter.....what a clever girl to change the time ROFL.......got to give her full marks for that one. :)
ReplyDeleteThose measurements are awesome Jo.....well done :)
Not long and we will be home to see for ourselves:)
Luv & Hugs
Ma & Pa
xoxoxoxo
Has to laugh about Rhian's comments..... Isn't it great when you need to remotivate to actually see the results in pure hard facts....Measurements are what did it for me this week.
ReplyDeleteThose measurements are a fantastic result Jo, good on you. Re the gym thing, if you could go once a week, and combine this with some walking around the mall during a lunch break some days as over a year this is so much healthier than just sitting through lunch, some home chores other days, taking Rhian out to parks as the weather warms, and i know you have had a lot of home organizing with your move recently, and things like sorting clothes cupboards or out to the racing day, all this is a more active lifestyle in general, and so even one day a week at the gym once your cold settles could boost things.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of people get a cold when they first start back at a gym or extra exercise, partly due to the metabolism shifting to cleanse the body. After a while in the gym you learn to hear your body and just do some light walking on the treadmill if genuinely tired, or to bump it further when up to it, one way to get back to the gym is to make yourself agree to walk in and do at least 3 minutes of something, if tired after that then leave. i have used that tactic to get myself back there many times. Once the endorphins start to kick in you feel great. Not every workout needs to be a tough one, just do one set of a couple of things if tired, and have a mall walk actually gets the sense of moving towards the goal of doing a bit more each week. Good luck with that. from Jasmine