Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday 19th November #2



I survived!

Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch to 5km program.

I DID IT!!!

On the treadmill at the gym....
5 minute "brisk walk" warm up - I did that at 6 km/hr
Then 60 seconds of jogging - I did that at 7.8 km/hr
Then 90 seconds of walking - I did that at 5.5 km/hr
Then just keep alternating between the jogging and walking until you hit a total of 20 minutes.
Then I did a 5 minute cool down at progressively slower speeds until I was just about stopped!  hehehe...
I sweated my ass off - well not quite, but I sweated heaps and it felt GREAT!!!!

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I thoroughly enjoyed it - and that ain't a lie!!
I am now supposed to have a day off, then do it again on Saturday, but this weekend is gonna be a bit of a mish mash, so I might just leave it until Monday and do the full week 1 next week.
YAY!
I actually can't wait to get back to the gym!!!
CRAZY!!!!


We have the first Xmas Party of the season to go to on Saturday night - it should be fun.
Can't wait to see some people that I haven't seen since last Xmas!
I wonder if they will notice anything different about me?
Teehee

6 comments:

  1. yay wtg =] I am doing it tonite or monday nite...working it in my current gym plan...glad it got u all motivated jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could run! But I can't. So I won't.
    Glad you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give it a go when I get home ...but....I wont be running but will do that part by walking real fast :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't run - even if the phone is ringing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember the days of running on the treadmill - when I had lost my 40 odd kilos! Oh to do it again - one day I will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started running on the treadmill at the gym, the first time I barely managed 1 minute at 5km. Now I am up to around 10 mins @ 6.5 to 7km. I am concentrating on upping my distance and I am at 1.5km, am hoping to work up to 8 so I can run the Round the Bays in Feb 10.

    I can't wait to hear about all the dropped jaws & comments when you see all these people you have not seen since before your op, you are going to be on cloud 9 from all the compliments :-)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete