Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday 24th November



Grrrrrr, my plans to get to the gym today were thwarted by my workload!

And of course my own stupid dumb self!
I am constantly thinking "I'll just do this one last thing before I go".... then, before ya know it, half an hour has passed and I am still sitting at my desk.

Classic case and point today - 12.34pm, I started something that should have only taken 10 minutes..... since starting that task, I found 6 other things that needed to be done that were related to it, and I have just finished them all now.
It's 2.05pm and I have a meeting at 2.30pm, so no time for lunch!
Now, I am kicking myself wishing that I had left the "10 minute" task until later, and just gone for lunch then!
Ah well - whaddaya do???

If my meeting finishes early enough, I might sneak out of the office and hit the gym, before going home.
Of course the chances of that happening are pretty much next to none, but ya can't fault a girl for trying huh??

Righto - time to go heat up my lunch and scoff it down before the meeting.....
I'm a bit over the workload at the moment to be honest.....
Not only am i doing a different job for a few weeks, but my manager has been away for 5 days, and I get lumped with his stuff too.
And then there is the fact that my pregnant co-worker has completely lost her mind, and doesn't want to be here - and quite frankly I don't bloody blame her!
She is having twins, and at 30 weeks, is pretty much the same size as a "normal" 40-weeker!

She is huge, and swollen, and tired, and suffering big time from preggy brain!
She forgets stuff all the time lately..... so I am taking up a lot of her slack too.
There are only two weeks left until she goes on parental leave anyway, then the workload for me will literally double.
Looking forward to the challenge, and by that time, the guy that I am replacing at the moment "should" be back from his time off!
I need a holiday!!!!!

LUNCH JOANNA!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Be careful what you wish for - i'm filling in for someone on maternity leave at the moment and can't wait until she returns in the New Year! It was fun to start with when she went on leave in June, not so much now ... lol

    ReplyDelete