Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday 14th November

The Gala at Rhian's school was full on busy!
Rhian didn't want a bar of any of us, cos her friends were there, and she was in her element!
Jeremy and I lasted about half an hour, then got out of there.
It was utter madness with kids and parents everywhere - more kids than anything ;)
The memories from gala days at my own school when I was a kid came flooding back, and you could sense the excitement from all the kids - it was great - just far too busy and chaotic for me!!!
We headed home, and then decided to go out for dinner - just the two of us, it doesn't happen that often :)

So, after a quick change at home, we headed back over to the Hutt and started at a bar with a quiet drink.....
And that's where it always starts!!! lol
Instead of just ONE, Jo had a few too many beers and then we ended up at a Karaoke bar of all places!!!!
We were home by midnight, and although we never did get out for a meal, we did manage to get some fried rice on the way home! hahahaha.....

This morning, Jeremy toddled off to golf just before 7am, so I tried to take the opportunity to nurse my headache and catch a little bit more sleep, but Charlie & Thomas had other ideas!
By 8am I'd had enough of having my toes, fingers, ears and nostrils bitten, so I got out of bed and started on the washing.
Then it was a quick trip to the Vet for the kittens as a follow up from last week - they have a case of the snuffles and weren't getting any better, so today they both had an antibiotic injection, so should improve within 48 hours.
Jeremy was home by 11am and since we missed out on dinner last night, we decided to go for YumCha in town.
As always it was DIVINE!!!
A quick stop at the second hand clothing place saw me grab a few bargains for my fast growing princess, and a pair of jeans for my shrinking butt!

Grocery shopping was on the list of things to do, but by the time we got there, I was feeling like utter crap, so we just came straight home.
I really didnt want to risk throwing up in the aisle of Pak N Save!!
Not sure why I felt so sick so suddenly, but I am sure it would have had something to do with lunch..... Maybe I had too many carbs? Not sure, but considering I ate bugger all at lunch, it has me puzzled????

This afternoon we have no plans..... maybe a DVD tonight - dunno, just taking it easy and cruising along enjoying the peace and quiet and the fact that we have NO commitments at all this weekend - NOTHING!!!

Here are a couple of shots of my babies:

Excuse the look of their eyes, they had both just woken up, and looked a little groggy :)
I was trying to show how small they are...
They got weighed at the vet this morning, Thomas is 990 grams and Charlie is 950 grams.
I still feel sick to think that someone could just dump these gorgeous guys!
I know that not everyone loves cats like I do (I love dogs just as much too!!!) but to think that there are human beings out there that could hurt an animal is totally beyond me!
Knowing that they are going to have a much better (and probably somewhat spoilt) life with us, makes my heart smile :)

I'm seriously trying to find joy in everything these days..... knowing that there are people out there that are going through the fight of their lives at the moment, has made me take an inward look at things, and appreciate the smallest things.
Be it my family, my man, my kittens, my job, my friends or anything else - I'm truly grateful for them all.

Take the time to slow down and look around you - it could all be gone tomorrow :(
Hugs to those of you that need them....... You know who you are - I'm thinking of you daily xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Those kittens are tiny!! LOL
    Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. Still a bit of a circus here!!!!! LOL
    luv You :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww they're so cute! It's beyond me too how people can discard animals so easily. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, it's great to have no plans isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jo are you sure you arent pregnant? Very tired, the feeling sick???? I love reading your blog by the way I check it every day.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better bloody NOT be pregnant Wendy :) Hehehe... nah - I am 99% sure that I am not pregnant, due to the fact that I just had a killer period last week :) Pretty sure it is just due to the vitamin imbalance (?) in my system at present? Once the Dr can let me know what my blood test results say, I might have more of an idea.

    ReplyDelete