Friday, November 6, 2009
Friday 6th November
FINALLY booked my re-assessment at the gym!
I have been avoiding it like the plague - especially since I haven't been for bloody ages!!!!!
But.... yesterday I pulled my head out of my own ass long enough to actually ring them, and make a time!!!
Tuesday 4.45pm
YAY!
Why haven't I been to the gym lately?
Cos I can't be bothered!
Actually, that is not entirely true.
I have quite bad time management skills, and I find myself sitting at my desk for longer than planned, doing this "one last thing" that turns in to another 4 or 5 "one last thing", then by the time I realise it, it's nearly time to go home, I;m starving, making bad bad bad food choices, and the gym thing goes out the bloody window!
The day starts off well - I have the best of intentions - but then I get caught up doing "stuff" and all my best laid plans turn to shite.
SIMPLE!!!
Not really a good excuse, but it's the truth.....
Lately, I have been trying out bread.
Not huge quantities at all, but the other day I had a toasted bagel, with lite cream cheese.
It went down well, it stayed down and I felt fine :)
UNTIL...... about THREE hours later!!!
Seriously! I was in a meeting, my head started spinning, everything went blurry, I started to sweat and slur my words.
I couldn't concentrate, and I actually had to just sit there and breathe through it for about 10 minutes.
It was starting to freak me out!
Of course because it was so long after actually eating the bread - I didn't make any connection whatsoever, and just assumed that my blood sugar levels were doing something screwy!
I came out of the meeting and had a low fat yoghurt straight away - it seemed to help a bit.
Then, I forgot about it and didn't give a second thought.
Last night, we went out for pizza for dinner before watching the fireworks display.
I had one and a half small pieces of pizza and a few chips.
Once we left the cafe, I felt a little ill, but I thought that maybe I had just eaten a little bit too much - one piece of pizza would have been ample.
We watched the fireworks and it was great - then we drove home.
Well, at 10pm last night, I was sitting in bed talking to Jeremy, and the room started spinning, everything went blurry, I couldn't talk properly and I had to throw the blankets off as I had started to sweat.
I freaked out!!
Again - I thought it was my blood sugar, so I grabbed a yoghurt and ate that, and it did help.
It wasn't until this morning that I thought about the two incidents and made a correlation - BREAD!
The Bagel, and the pizza base!
I'm too scared to test out my theory, because of how bad I actually felt on both occasions, so lets just say for now - that I am back off the breads again!
NOT PLEASANT AT ALL!!!!
Lunch today is salad and tuna, not sure what dinner will be, but I will play that one by ear, as Friday night is usually just an easy dinner night.
No big plans for the weekend at all.....
We are looking after Jeremy's niece and nephew on Saturday night, as it is his sister and brother in laws wedding anniversary and they are going out for a slap up meal at one of the most expensive restaurants in Wellington - Logan Brown.
Rhian will love it, as she adores Lizzie :)
Speaking of Rhian - the boundaries thing is working really well.
We haven't had any major tantrums or anything this week - so it is all going to plan :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like things are on track again with everyone :) Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteLuv & Hugs
xoxoxoxo
I think your experience with the bread is what they called delayed dumping.....I know that I didn't really handle bread all that well until about 12 - 15 mnths post op and then only in small quantities
ReplyDelete