Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Wednesday 1st April
Not feeling the best today.....
Had a bad dumping session last night which had me in tears, and almost seems that it is carrying on in to today.
We went out for dinner, just to a local Chinese place that we hadn't tried before.
I have had Chinese time and time again in the past few months, cos I KNOW that it is something that I can eat WITHOUT having a reaction!
Anyway, I had a tiny bit of Chicken & Sweetcorn soup, then 1 dimsum and 1 dumpling.
I picked a little bit at some vegetables that came out with Jeremy's beef dish, and had a small slice of beef from his plate, and that was it.
I know that I'd had enough to eat, as I felt "full", and so we finished up, paid the bill and left.
By the time I got home, I was feeling queasy, hot and cold, dizzy and needed to lie down, which I did.
7.30pm and I was in bed in my PJ's and dressing gown, deep breathing.
I just felt bloody miserable! Then, the tears started... not sure why, maybe it was the feeling sick thing. Maybe it was the emotional crap of not being "normal" anymore. Whatever it was, I let the tears flow, and felt a little better afterwards......
So........... that Chinese restaurant is now completely banned!!!
From now on we will stick to the places that we KNOW I can tolerate!
Dunno why the hell I had a reaction last night, and haven't had one at all before from Chinese food...... maybe they cook it differently at the place we went to last night?
NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, like I said, I am not feeling the best today either.
All I have had to eat today is a quarter of a small apple, and 6 almonds.
I'm still feeling nauseous, and just want to crawl in to bed and hide from the world.
Doesn't help that I have a big meeting this afternoon, and have been preparing for it for two days now.
Busy, stressed (little bit) and not feeling well............ oh great!
Ah well........ at least I can go home after it and go to bed! hehehehehe.........
It is getting so dark in the mornings now it is hard to get out of bed!!!
I had thought about getting up and going to the pool yesterday morning, but when the alarm went off, I cracked open one eye, saw how dark it was, and snuggled back under the duvet again!
Slack ass!!!!
How the hell do I get motivated to exercise?????
I KNOW that I need to. It's just bloody hard to START!!!!!
I seem to have all the excuses under the sun..... too cold, too hot, too tired, feeling sick, have Rhian, too late, too early blah blah blah.
I need to give myself a kick up the bum and get on to it!!!
I don't wanna end up all wobbly and flabby............... I NEED to start exercising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bugger re the dumping last night. I guess it is all trial & error at this stage but not nice when you have those reactions. It is still early days (not even 3mths yet) so just try to remember it will get better. It is a long journey to be back eating normally (all be it lower fat/lower sugar foods than what you used to eat) but smaller portions and anyone that said its easy is/was very much mistaken. I know everyone is different and some may find it easier than others though. However, you have taken on a challenge that you WILL win, for the sake of your health and happiness but it wont happen overnight but it is happening right now. By telling your story, with all its ups & downs it will hopefully help those who contemplate making this decision for themselves. It isn't easy or a quick fix but a completely new way of eating and thinking and the benefits are so worth it as you are finding out each day especially the little things like getting on the plane in a couple of weeks without stressing about it, nicer fitting clothes, no backache etc.
ReplyDeleteSo well done you, we are proud of you for taking this challenge and hope that those horrible dumpings get less & less very quickly.
Luv Ya
xoxoxoxo
PS. Hope the meeting goes well. Another "well done" moment :)
ReplyDeleteI have had that experience as well, one chinese place works and one doesn't. I think it might be to do with the suagr content of their sauces.....and I think some actually add sugar to their cooking process. I have heard that mSG can cause us problems as well. I have found that it is just better to stick to what I know. A dumping like thta really does knock you around. I t hink it can be worse than throwing up somtimes as it seems to last longer.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the meeting Jo & hope you are feeling better soon (I too was wondering about MSG).
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so well!!!!!
Baby steps with the exercise Jo, maybe just aim for a couple of walks until you work out what you want to do. It's starting that's that hard part!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better!
Hope you are starting to feel better Jo. It must be so frustrating to have that happen when you thought for sure you would be fine.
ReplyDelete