Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday 20th April - 113.8 kg



A small loss this week..... I think I am getting used to the ups and downs of this ride now :)


Last week:  114.4 kg
This week:  113.8 kg
Loss:  600 grams
Total Loss:  26.8 kg (in 14 weeks)

We spent a big chunk of the weekend at the house painting and sanding, and I can say without any shadow of a doubt, that I am OVER IT!!!
My arms ache, my shoulders ache, my legs ache, even my feet and knees are sore!
I have paint in the strangest places, I have sanding dust up my nose, in my ears, in my eyes..... you name it - it's there!

My fingernails are just about all broken, and I the skin on my hands is nearly completely dried out from all the turpentine that has been used to clean brushes etc....
If money were no object, I would make Jeremy HIRE people to finish the bloody place, but of course - that can't happen!!
It is fantastic to see the progress on the place, it really is, but it is also bloody hard work!

The 4th bedroom has become "Jo's Project" - basically because there is nothing else that they trust me to do!!!!
So..... all weekend, I have been painting, painting, painting.
I have spent hours on my hands and knees painting skirting boards, door frames and window frames.  I have also spent too bloody long up a ladder (which I HATED every second of!!!) painting the ceiling and ceiling surrounds (dunno what the hell they are called!!)
But................ the end is in sight!!!!!
All I have to do now is finish the cutting in around the doors (yes, Jeremy is insane and is letting me do the cutting in once again - even though I SUCK at it!!!), then two coats on the walls with the roller and I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully I will get that finished next weekend - YAY!!!!
The kitchen and lounge are coming along nicely too....... just have to wait for the plastering to be completed then the boy will have to get stuck in to MORE sanding!  Poor thing!  It is the WORST job in the world I reckon!!
Ah well....... him and his dad are absolutely certain that it will be ready to move in to by the 15th of May!!  

Of course, I am not holding them to it at all.......

We went shopping yesterday for appliances, just to get an idea of the cost, and it was a bit of a mixed bag!
We were absolutely THRILLED to find an oven and a hob top that will fit the existing holes, but not so thrilled with the price tags!
Initially, we thought that we could get away with buying the basic appliances.......  $500 cook top, $1000 oven & $1000 dishwasher.

So we were looking at $2500 all up - No worries!  That would leave heaps for the two heat pumps we also want to install.
HA!!!   YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!
The Cooktop that will fit (cheapest option) is $2300.  The oven (cheapest option) is $2100, and luckily we can still get away with a basic dishwasher $900.
So..... all up, we are looking at around the $5300 mark!  HOLY SHIT!!!!!
That is more than double the original budget.    
Hmmmmm, I think we need to win Lotto!!!
The heatpumps guys are going around this week to give us a quote on exactly what we will need, so by the end of the week, we should know exactly how much it will all cost....
Of course none of this includes the new tap ware, the paint, the plaster, and everything that goes along with renovations....
ARGH!!!!!
I have also given instructions that before we move back in, the bathroom MUST be tidied up as well!

The poor boy must be getting sick of my demands by now, but he just keeps on going - gotta love that!!!

Oh yeah, my vacuum cleaner is on it's last legs, and my iron shit itself this morning.....
What else could possibly cost us any more money??  Better hope and pray that my car doesn't blow up next!  Hahahahahaha....

Got some trousers on today that are starting to get a bit saggy in the bum already......  I've only been wearing them for about a month.
Loving the fact that I am shrinking....... not so loving the fact that my wardrobe is getting smaller again.
But..... it is a price that I will pay GLADLY!!!!!!
My boss (Richard) said to me the other day "Bloody 'ell Jo, you're just melting away"
I just grinned!  hehehehehe.......
Must be noticeable when guys start saying things huh??
YAY!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, I was just wondering how you were as I followed your blog for years, since before your pregnancy. I was thrilled after this thought to find your blog again. You've been through the wringer and I can't imagine what it must be like to only be able to eat half a cup of food. Does your body go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism right down? Though it is probably better to lose a bit each week as you are and like you say that is weight that will never come back. So I'm really happy for you.
    Anyway I just wanted to tell you that baby oil works as well as turps does to remove enamel paint and feels 100% better on your skin. Makes you wonder what is actually in baby oil, probably not something we would want on our babies. :-)
    BTW your baby has grown into a gorgeous little girl.
    I read the comment she made about your, ahem, flat chest and laughed.
    I remember my daughter at five saying to me when I tucked her in one night, "Mum I love you and I don't even care what you look like." I think she had been learning about not judging someones outer appearance or something like that. I'm not actually that ugly, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on another loss. :) I had to laugh about Richards comment.....I can just hear him saying that :)
    I'm with you on the bathroom stand. Can't have the rest of the house nice without that having a 'tidy up' until you can renovate the room properly.
    Bugger about the costs of appliances although with the savings from the smokes it could give Jeremy an incentive to keep off the smokes LOL
    Hope you can get a bit of exercise in even with having our wee princess this week. Got her invite and have sent a reply back by mail so she should get it in the letterbox in a day or so. :)
    Luv ya
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete