Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Wednesday 15th April
I am pretty sure that I must be trying to find the quickest way to kill myself today!
This morning, I went swimming.
Yes - you read that right!
I actually hauled my fat lazy butt out of my gorgeous warm bed, squeezed my wobbly bits into some VERY unforgiving lycra, and went to the pool!
To say I was nervous would be an understatement.... I was almost hyperventilating as I walked through the door!
But, I rocked on up to the counter like I owned the place, handed over my money and casually asked to buy a swimming cap as if I knew what I was doing!!
Got to the pool edge, and decided that I could piss around and try to cover myself with my towel as I took my pants off then try to make a break for the water when I thought that no one was looking .......... OR .......... I could just suck it up, and get changed like I didn't give a shit what other people thought of me, and get my damn ass in to the water and START SWIMMING!!!!!
I am pleased to announce that I chose the latter option!!!
The slow lane was "home" for most of my time this morning, but I did venture in to the "medium" lane when the old fart in front of me decided to experiment with a type of doggie paddle that I have never seen before!!!
10 lengths in the slow lane, then 10 lengths in the medium lane, then another 12 lengths in the slow lane and that was me DONE!
32 lengths......... not bad for my first time back swimming (properly) in about 3 years!!!
OK, I survived......... but then I got cocky!
I decided that it would be a good idea to walk to work as well!
What the hell?!?!?!?!?!
Where did that thought come from, and why the hell did the old Jo not banish it to the back of her mind and take the car???
NO FREAKEN IDEA!!!!!!
But, it felt great, and I must admit, that I almost feel slightly self righteous sitting here at my desk knowing that I have successfully completed TWO days of exercise, and I am still alive to tell the tale!
There is hope for me yet!!!!!!
Last night we didn't go to the house to do any painting..... turns out that we didn't have the right paint to do the ceiling and sills, so that is all being organised today, and we will go over tonight to make a start....
Not much more to report for the day... Just gotta hope that I have enough energy at the end of the day to walk home again! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job on the swimming and the walking.....I just had a picture of you in my mind melting away the fat as you walked home.....your sure are going to be looking terrific!!
ReplyDeleteWell done! I take it you don't plan a walk at lunchtime as well today :-).
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work.
Geez......My Jo has turned over a new leaf!!!!! Wooo hoo. Love hearing about the new you :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Oh Jo you crack me up sista!!!!!! I do the same thing at the pool/gym and now I see a personal trainer once a week and really dont care about what people think of me sweating off my fat arse in mens shorts and a super huge t-shirt. We really do love hearing about the new you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the painting. I would be totally knackered.
This is the Jo I used to come to read!
ReplyDeleteGreat way to be not giving a toss about what people think how you look in your swimming gear. All shapes and sizes where I go and it doesn't bother anyone. Sometimes I can't believe that now I wander from the changing rooms out to the pool just in swim wear and don't even think about it.
Have you got before photos of your renovations?
Go You Baby
ReplyDelete