My muscles hurt..... my body is aching, and I have to do it all over again tomorrow!
UGH!
Although I enjoyed today, cos it wasn't JUST painting like I thought it would be!
I got to have a bash with the heat gun and scraper!
Woohoo!!!
Oh God - I am getting excited about power tools - somebody slap me!!!
Back track a bit.....
Last night was a quiet night, in fact, we were in bed by 8pm - ON A FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!
How sad are we!?!?!
The boy had work drinks to go to as a farewell for one of the staff, but he didn't want to go, so instead, we had a nice family night with pizza and games and it was lovely!
Well, they boy and the princess had pizza, I wasn't feeling that great, so picked some of the chicken off one and that was it.
Anyway, this morning I was feeling much much better, and braved some scrambled eggs for breakfast.... But, once again, it made me want to puke, so I had about three mouthfulls and that was it.
Pathetic!
We headed over to the house to get stuck in to the painting, and when we got there, J's dad was already working.
I was amazed at how much he had managed to get done over the week, and the kitchen is nearly ready for painting! FANTASTIC!!!!
Instead of sending me off to the bedroom to do the painting, I was handed the heat gun and scraper, and told to get stuck in to scraping the old paint off the skirting in the kitchen.
It was so much fun!!!!
Then.......... the back door got taken off, and I had to do the door frame as well - MORE FUN!!
Rhian went off to Sonya's to play with Lizzie, so I didn't have to worry about her wanting to have a turn! lol
Once I had scraped all the paint off........... I was actually allowed to use the electric sander, and sand the door frame smooth.
Of courser the painting still had to be done, but while I was sanding, Jeremy made a start on the bedroom walls, then when I was finished sanding, I took over the rolling of the walls, while he did the remaining "cutting in" parts.
Team work people!
Anyway, tomorrow we are gonna get stuck in to the last of the sanding in the kitchen, then the final coat of paint in the bedroom.
Then....... we can start painting the kitchen!!!! YAY!
Of course once the kitchen is painted, it means that all the cabinetry can be installed, and since that is what we are aiming for - it can't come soon enough!!!!
Once we had packed up and finished for the day, we headed off to collect the Princess, but found that she didn't want to come with us at all..... she was having too much fun being dressed up like a fairy (with wings and all) and playing with Lizzie, so she is still there, and will be until tomorrow!
Yep - she is having a sleep over at Lizzies - YAY!!!!
Which meant that I could go grocery shopping in peace! hahahaha....
For dinner tonight, we had steak and vegetables, and I am bloody happy to say that it stayed down!!!! AND..... i didn't feel sick at all! WOOHOO!!!
I picked out some good Fillet steak ($10 for two bloody tiny pieces) and cooked it perfectly! With it, we had steamed gourmet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I had a normal meal - YAY ME!!!!
Righto...... my eyes are starting to hurt, and I need a bath, so that's it for me today....
Over and out :)
Love the promotion to the power tools LOL
ReplyDeleteBet the Princess is having a great time with Lizzie....Two Princesses together!!!!!! Wonder which one is Boss!!!! :)
Welldone on having a normal meal. Bet that gave you a real buzz. Have a good relaxing night and don't overdo it tomorrow!!
Luv
xoxoxoxo