Monday, April 6, 2009
Monday 6th April - 116.6 kg
A smaller loss this week of 700 grams, but after the past two huge losses, I think it must be my body's way of saying:
HOLY SHIT, HOLD ON A MINUTE FATTY!!!!
WHADDAYA THINK YOU ARE DOING?!?!?!?!
Last week: 117.3 kg
This week: 116.6 kg
Total Loss: 24 kg in 12 weeks
And bugger it all......... I was supposed to do my measurements today, but I forgot!
Never mind, I am sure that one day late wont matter, so I will do them tomorrow morning.
My weekend has been very relaxing and very lazy!!!!
I'll just go back to Friday for a second though...... and the "activity" that we (at work) had to participate in.
I was right - it was a scavenger hunt!
We all got put in to teams, then our team had to make a "mascot" then we had to decipher clues and run around the mall and have pictures taken to prove that we had been to the places in the clues.
It was the lamest take-off of "The Amazing Race" that I have ever encountered, but I went along with it all, cos I didn't want to be one of the ones that was complaining about it!
That is what I come on here to do!!! hehehehehehehe.........
Anyway, after the activity, we all had to meet at a nearby cafe for drinks and nibbles, which was nice, but as soon as we got there, everyone separated from their teams and went off in to their little "cliques", like the marketing ones all sat together, the Logistics team all sat together, the finance ones all sat together, so that sucked in a way!
Ah well, at least I can say that I made an effort to talk to everyone!
So, the food all looked delicious, and luckily for me there was cheese and crackers, so I had a couple of those, and a glass of orange juice, and I was set.
I stayed for the presentation of prizes, then headed home - YAY!
It had been a bloody long week, and I was looking forward to relaxing!!!!
Although I had to make the cake for Sonya's party the next day, so I didn't actually get to sit down until about 8pm.
Saturday morning I was up and icing the cake early, before heading over to the presentation of the prizes for the photo competition that Rhian was in.
It turned out that it was done by public vote, and there were 7 entries in her category.
So..... to think that she won without any influence (or persuading people to vote) from her parents, was pretty damn cool!!!
The prize was: A set of reading books, a certificate, a small trophy, a chocolate bar and the original photo mounted on a block.
All in all it was pretty neat considering we (Chris and I) had both forgotten all about it!
Next, I shot home to make guacamole for the party, then we headed out to Jeremy's sisters place to celebrate her birthday.
We were the first there, so it was pretty quiet to start with, then all of a sudden everyone turned up, with all the kids, so it was loud and busy for the rest of the afternoon.
Of course everyone else was drinking and getting merry, while Jo just sat on juice. Jeremy wasn't drinking either, so we stayed for a few hours, then managed to slip away at about 5pm when it started getting rowdy.
We decided to have a quiet night, so headed off to get a DVD and some dinner.....
I had been doing some research on the net about low fat Indian dishes, as I have been HANGING OUT for a curry for ages!!!
In the end, we went to the curry place and actually asked the guys there what everything was made out of.
There weren't many dishes that didn't have cream or coconut cream in them, but I decided to try the Chicken Saagwala which had chicken and spinach with spices, and NO CREAM!!!!
Jeremy got Butter Chicken, which is my absolute favourite, and although I was a little disappointed that I couldn't have it, I was also looking forward to trying my new dish.
It turned out that it was bloody beautiful!!!!!!
I managed to have a little bit of rice, say 2 tablespoons, then about a 1/4 of a cup of the sauce, and two chunks of chicken.
It was a gross looking green colour, but the flavour was just delicious.
And, I am pleased to say that my tummy handled it brilliantly, and I had NO nasty side affects at all - YAY!!!!!
I did take a tiny taste of the Butter Chicken, but I KNEW what would happen if I pushed the limits with that (and all the cream and butter it is cooked with) so I stayed away from the devils food! hehehehehehehe....
Sunday saw us awake too bloody early - Thanks Daylight Savings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And by 9am we were both wondering how we were going to fill the day in!!
We probably "should" have been over at the house sanding and painting etc........ but to be honest, neither of us could be bothered!!!
So, we ended up going for a "Sunday Drive" around the place.
We went to the big pet shop in the Hutt, and saw the most ADORABLE puppies!!!!!
Then we went to the pet shop in the city, and saw MORE adorable puppies!!!!!
Then we ended up driving around the city just checking out the sights.
NO - we are NOT getting a puppy, but it is fun to go and look at them all.
We are lucky that I can't have animals where I am at the moment, and Jeremy's place doesn't have fences, so there is NO WAY that we can have a puppy at all.
BLOODY GOOD JOB TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After our Sunday Drive, we went to Subway for lunch, picked up another DVD, a few groceries, then headed back home to relax for the afternoon!
Well, I ended up falling asleep in the DVD - I HATE James Bond!!!!!
So then I was tired, and decided that I needed a nanna nap in the middle ofthe afternoon.
Pretty soon we were both asleep!!!
Bloody hell......... we are both only in our 30's, and we are acting like we are in our 80's or something! hehehehehe....
Dinner last night was stuffed potatoes - finally!
And they were spectacular!
Well, I only had one small one, but it tasted superb!!!!
I mixed the potato up with some cooked pumpkin and kumera as well as some lite cream cheese, onion, ham, and edam cheese, then stuffed it all back in to the potato skin, and sprinkled some more grated edam cheese on top.
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
And, I made enough for tonight as well - good thinking!
Righto - that is enough rambling for today............
I get Rhian back this afternoon and can't wait to see her! It seems like FOREVER since I saw her last!
I mean I talk to her on the phone all the time, but to actually SEE her is something else!
I miss her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is a butter chicken sauce that you can get that is under the 10 gms of sugar and 5 gms of fat. I can't remember the name, but it not too bad - obviously not as nice as a bought one, but pretty good for a homemade one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good weekend :) Having Missy home tonight no doubths you on your toes again LOL How did she like her prize??
ReplyDeleteAnother 700g that has gone for good....Yeah :)
Luv Ya
xoxoxo
Great loss Jo, loved the picture of you darling girl no wonder it one. She's the cutest.
ReplyDeleteKym/Oz