Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday 16th April


I am so boring..... I don't have much of anything to say!
Haven't done any exercise today, cos I needed my car for a lunch time appointment, and after work we are going to the house to paint, so I wont get a chance to get out walking or anything then either.

I will go to the pool in the morning though - YAY!
My legs and shoulders are a bit achy today, and the only thing I can put it down to is the swimming yesterday morning.
It's not too bad, but when I move suddenly, it is enough to make me take notice.

Got told today that the shirt i am wearing is too big......... so I guess it will be the last time I wear this one.
It's one of my favourites though, so I will be a bit sad to see it go.
Also this morning, I tried on one of my favourite skirts............ it just about fell off me.
So, that will be joining this shirt on the too big pile.
It's getting bigger!!!

I have a cool pair of grey pants that I tried on over the weekend, and they fit me perfectly at the moment......................... but the zip is broken.
Now, although I can sew, I am HOPELESS at replacing zips, so I checked out with the alterations place in the mall how much it would be to replace.
$23 dollars!
Twenty three dollars to replace a zip????????
Guess I will just have to suck it up and pay the price, but it leads me to think about how often I will actually wear the bloody things once they are fixed?
Will it be a week, or a month?
Hmmmmmm, who knows!?!

With Rhian's birthday party in just over three weeks, I realised I better pull finger and actually get her invitations sorted....... so I did that this afternoon!
Now I just have to put some in the mail, and deliver the rest of them to Kindy....
The next thing I will have to think about, is what kind of cake to get her.
I was going to make one, but I have decided that this year - I will just go buy one.
At least that way I can get her one with whatever she wants on it....... let's face it - I am not the most creative mummy in the world, so I will leave it up to the experts this time!!!

Ooooh, talking about food.....
I had the yummiest dinner last night!
I was just craving fish, and was lucky enough to find a gorgeous piece of Trevalli at the supermarket at the last minute.
I adore really "meaty" fish, and this was perfect to satisfy my cravings.  Ideally, I would have got a nice hunk of Lemon fish (yes I know that is just a fancy name for shark) cos Lemon fish is my all time favourite, but they didn't have any :(
Anyway, the Trevalli filled the gap nicely, but now it has me hankering for more dammit!
Mmmmm, and ya know what else I am craving?????

FEIJOAS!!!!!
I love feijoas, and would eat them all day long if I could!

As kids, we used to sit outside under the next door neighbours tree (that was on the boundary) and much our way through hundreds of the buggers!
Grandad would bring them in by the arm load and it was glorious!!!!!

That sweet gritty pulp with such a unique taste brings back all sorts of fantastic memories.
I LOVE eating them when they are warm from sitting in the sun.... and if I buy them from the supermarket (at a ridiculous price) I will take them home and line them up along the windowsill in the hope that the sun will warm them perfectly.....
Oh God - I am nearly drooling here!!!!!
I think one of the first trees that I should plant when we re do the gardens is a feijoa tree!  

YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

And on that note, I am gonna head home and see what I can drag out of the fridge or cupboard for dinner tonight.......
I just need to be inspired between here and home!!
Yeah right!!!   lol


4 comments:

  1. I remember those feigoa days well LOL :)

    Hope the fingers are all intact after more sanding. Don't forget to take some progress pics.
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops spelling LOL feijoa !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have planted Feigoa tree's at every house we have lived in (3 in all) and everyone in the family loves them apart from me :(

    I reckon you could find another pair of pants that you would love just as much without having to pay $23 for a zip AND you will be out of them in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap, it also didn't spell Feijoa's right (I copied your Mum from her first comment....LOL

    ReplyDelete