Thursday, April 9, 2009
Thursday 9th April
My trip to Christchurch yesterday was great - the flight was fantastic, the seatbelt fitted, and I even had room to tighten it!!!!!!!
Amazing!
The worst part about it was the fact that I had to sit next to an extremely nervous flyer, who pretty much cried the whole way!!!
Coming home was even better, as it was a bigger plane, and there was an empty seat in between me and the next person - BLISS!!!
And when I got home, I found that Jeremy had turned in to Superman, and had bathed Rhian, and made her lunch for kindy today, as well as cleaned the kitchen and done two loads of washing!
Sometimes I just shake my head in amazement and wonder where on earth this man has come from! lol
Dealing with food yesterday while I was away was no problem.............. I just didn't! lol
I realised when I got home, that I hadn't actually eaten!!!!!
Breakfast is a thing of the past for me again - I really need to work on that one seriously to be honest........ but I will come back to that!
Yesterday morning, I got Rhian sorted, then brought her to work with me as I had a heap of stuff to get done before I could catch the plane.
I dropped her to kindy at about 8.40am then headed back to work to cram some more stuff in.
So, I didn't have breakfast.
On the flight down they offered "light refreshments" which was a drink of water and a mini cookie thing.
I took the cookie, and had a small bite and waited....... it sat OK with me, so I ate the rest of it. Anyone who has flown Air New Zealand lately will know the size I am talking about.... it was a little bit bigger than the size of our old 50c pieces..... so nothing to write home about at all.
Anyway, I had a coffee in Christchurch before my meeting, then after it, we headed straight back to the airport and grabbed another one.
THAT WAS IT!!!!
A mini cookie and two coffees for the day!
We had takeaways for dinner, and I had a small piece of fish that I removed from the batter, and about 4 chips.
It wasn't until I was lying in bed at about 10pm that I actually felt hungry, but by that time it was far too late to eat, so I just ignored it and went to sleep!
When I was talking to mum this morning, she cracked up laughing when I told her about forgetting to eat.....
Like she said, in the past, I would have had breakfast before I went, then complained at the size of the cookie on the plane, then had lunch, then eaten my way through the meeting, then had afternoon tea before coming him, then I would have tucked in to a huge pile of fish and chips!!!
Oh how times have changed, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Rhian's cough is a lot better - thank goodness!
Yesterday morning she sounded a bit like a barking seal at times, but again, she insisted that she was OK.
The teachers at Kindy said that they hadn't heard her cough, so I think that it is at it's worst in the early morning and late at night when the temperature drops.
This morning she didn't cough at all, so I am hopeful that we are over the worst of it.
In the mail yesterday, I got the information pack about her new school.
It was a letter addressed to her telling her all about her new teacher, and when her school visits will be.
I read it out to her, and she was so excited.......... except when we got to the part about the second school visit , and the fact that mum or dad didn't have to stay.
Well, the tears came and it almost broke my heart!
I just explained to her that if she wanted me to stay for the school visits then I would but when she turned 5 and was a big school girl, then I would have to go to work.
She seemed OK with that.
Can't believe it is just over 4 weeks away..... I just KNOW that I will be the one crying!!!
Jeremy's non-smoking is going well...... it will be a week today!!!!
I am so so so proud of him!!!!!
He rang the quitline the other day and got some vouchers in the mail for some nicotine patches and gum, so was gonna go off and redeem them today, but thinks that he wont actually need the patches, and is gonna just try to use the gum....
He said that he still gets really bad cravings, and so far has been able to work through them, or ignore them, but it has been hard.
He is a little grumpy and moody, but nothing compared to what I thought he would be like that is for sure!!!!!
But..... I think the hardest thing will be this weekend for him. We are supposed to be doing work over at the house, and in the past, if he has a paint brush, or roller, or piece of sandpaper in one had, then he has a smoke in the other.
So doing work WITHOUT smoking will be a bit of a challenge for him I think.
I will just have to try to keep his mind off it and be as supportive as I can be.....
At this stage, the time line for getting back in to the house is the 15th of May - but to be honest, with that being just over 4 weeks away, I don't really think that we have a snowballs chance in hell of making it!
But....... stranger things have happened, and I will just roll with the punches at this stage....
Righto - getting back to the food thing............
I have been totally slack lately, and have been skipping breakfast again.
I have never been able to face food too early in the day, and unfortunately the surgery didn't alter this!
I get up, get ready for work, make Rhian's breakfast, and once she is ready, we head off.
I can't bring myself to eat before leaving the house - I just can't do it.
The earliest I do actually feel like eating, is usually around the 10am mark.
And, most mornings I will have a yoghurt or a half a banana or a slice of cheese.
But - the last week, I have skipped it altogether, cos Anne (my bestest buddy at work) is on holiday, and if she isn't here, then I don't even bother going to have a break at all.
BAD BAD BAD!!!!!
Lunch is usually a couple of crackers with cheese or tuna. I tried some soup last week out of a can, and although it fit the fat/sugar criteria, it tasted weird, so I dunno if I will have it again.... I tried the Watties "Very Special Creamy Pumpkin" one and like I said.... it just tasted weird.
Then, I tried the Watties "Big Eats Spicy Chilli" out of a can........ yep - it was spicy alright, but not something I would try again either.
So......... I am running out of ideas for lunch already!!!
Any suggestions??????
Speaking of lunch.......... it's that time already!!!!
Lord knows what I am gonna have today!!!!! But since I need to go to the supermarket to get an Easter Egg for the Princess, I might as well check out what else in on offer over there.
Food just doesn't "do it" for me anymore at all........ in fact, it bores me to be quite honest!
It is something that I need to deal with, cos obviously we need food to live, but it just doesn't get me excited anymore.
Strange!
Never EVER thought I would say that!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL about food not doing it for you! I still find lunch hard and it is the meal that annoys me the most.
ReplyDeleteYou must have breakfast lol.... hey just wishing you a happy easter :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend....and Dad & I are still chuckling re the food changes for you.
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs to you all
Happy Easter
Ma & Pa
xoxoxox
Wish I could say food didn't do it for me.LOL.
ReplyDeleteHave a super Easter
Kym/Oz
I can so relate to the seatbelt on the plane. I just got back from Melbourne and had no problems with the seatbelt and like you, even had some left over when I pulled it tight. 5 months ago, I struggled to even do it up.
ReplyDeleteHow is it possible that your baby is about to start school?? What a big girl.
Have a fantastic easter Jo.
Like Kym says - I wish I could also say that food doesn't do it for me! And I can't believe that Rhian is almost a big school girl! Wow those 5 years have flown by!
ReplyDeleteHave a fab Easter and long weekend!
Oh gosh, things really have come full circle with you haven't they? Glad to hear all is going well in regards to your weight loss.
ReplyDeleteHow can Rhian be going to school already? Seems like only a couple of years ago you were saying you were pregnant!!! They grow too fast!