Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday 21st April

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today..... I am at home "sick" with a bit of a tummy bug.
Started yesterday morning at work.... the grumbles, the cramping, then that realisation of "Holy Crap - I better get to the loo FAST!!!"
Which I did - about 6 times at work, until i could take it no longer and headed home at about midday.
Then the rest of the day was spent getting my exercise by walking to the toilet another 50 million times!!!
I am sure that I have either poisoned myself with my own cooking, or been unfortunate enough to pick up a bug of some kind.
Jeremy is fine.... so I think that maybe means that its not my cooking, so I am pretty much convinced that it is a bug. Fingers crossed it is a short lived bug....
I am used to not eating a hell of a lot, so that part doesn't worry me in the slightest... it's just the general feeling of "unwellness" that I hate.
I mean, most of the time I actually feel fine, then another wave will hit, and I am once again studying the patterns on the wallpaper in the loo as I sit there and wait for the feeling to pass.
Too much information???
Yeah - I know! hahahahahahahaha.....

On to other stuff now....

Rhian informed me last night that she wants a handbag for her birthday.
Because then, apparently, she can go shopping and buy whatever she likes!
I didn't burst her little bubble and tell her that she would actually need something IN the handbag..... like Money, to go shopping with! hahaha
My little girl is growing up far too fast!
And I am sure that she has grown even taller in the last week while she has been with her dad!
CRAZY!!!
She has quite the little temper on her, and has no problem packing mini tantrums. So cute to watch...... as it usually involves stamping of the feet, pouting of the bottom lip, and the hands on the hips as she stomps away. Of course it only lasts a couple of minutes, as my girl doesn't have great concentration, and more often than not, forgets what she was packing a shit about!
Better than her mumma, cos I can hold a grudge for ages! Years even! hehehehehe....

And I just HAVE to have a bit of a proud mummy moment here......
Her writing and understanding of letters etc is getting so good!
Last weekend, she was sitting on the floor with some pens and paper, and she said to me...
"Mumma? How do you spell Apple?
So i spelt it out for her, and she wrote it all by herself!
Then she said... "Mumma? How do you spell Cucumber??"
And again, she wrote it out by herself.
Of course this game went on for ages..... Telephone, Couch, Table, Fridge, Wallet etc etc.
Whatever she could see, she wanted to spell.
Last night, she comes to me and says.... "Mumma? How do you spell I Love You?"
Awwwww...... my heart just about melted!
So, I spelt it out for her... fully expecting her to hand me the piece of paper and tell me it was mine.
NO!
"Mumma? How do you spell Aunty Steph?"
HUH????
Ah well...... at least I know she loves her family! YAY!!!













The Air conditioning guys are going to the house this afternoon to give us a quote for heatpumps.... YAY!!!
And..... I have also been thinking about the oven and cooktop thing...
Since we don't actually want to be in the house for any great length of time, and eventually it will be a rental..... then it probably makes more sense to go with the cheaper option of oven and cooktop, even if it means putting a fake cupboard beside the oven to fill in the gap, and getting a stainless plate made to fill the gap on the cooktop hole.
Jeremy is gonna run it past the "expert" (his dad) and make sure that it can actually be done like that. I just know that I would LOVE to have the gorgeous expensive stuff and have it all looking perfect, but if it means that we can more than HALVE the budget (from $4,500 to $1,500) and it will still look OK, then we should DO IT!
Makes sense to me anyway......

And speaking of Jeremy (well I mentioned him a couple of sentences ago anyway lol) ...... he is still off the smokes!!! FANTASTIC!!!!
We were watching TV last night and one of those horrible ads about smoking came on.... he looked at me and said (proud as anything) "I'm not a smoker now honey!"
Too cute!! I am soooo proud of him, and I hope that he is over the worst of it now, cos I certainly have noticed an improvement in his moods over the past few days - YAY FOR ME!!! lol

Oooooo, and while I am talking about non-smokers......... CONGRATULATIONS to my gorgeous sister Lisa for giving up on New Years Day!!! Nearly FOUR whole months have past and she hasn't had a single smoke! AWESOME! Well done hun, I am so proud of you too!!! xoxo

Righto - I am sure there is some crappy daytime TV calling out my name....

7 comments:

  1. Oh - not good! Hope you are soon feeling better.

    I loved the note Rhian did:-) LOL that it wasn't for you!

    Have fun with the renovations, hope the kitchen works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I think you will find that all the crappy daytime telly is not on due to the school holidays.......it is all kids movies. Sorry to hear you are not well in the tum, I hope it settles down soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon, I know what it feels to have an icky belly. Love the innocence of children, how cute is that girl of yours????

    PS Y & R and D O Y L still on TV, but it is so weird and whacky, almost comedic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have felt better as the day goes on. Love little Miss's note to Aunty Steph........hope she wrote one to you too eventually LOL
    Luv ya
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Jeremy for not smoking!!! This is so good for you all as a family but especially Rhian. Oh and her writing is just toooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the note... speaking of birthdays saw the invite at Leigh's yesterday... do we get one? Hope your tummy is feeling better, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that note is sooooooo cute. I can't wait to see you guys :) x

    ReplyDelete