Thursday, April 23, 2009
Thursday 23rd April
Back to work today..... I had yesterday off as well.
It never rains but it pours with me, and just when I had gotten over the tummy bug, I was hit with a bloody migraine headache!
It was horrible.... I used to suffer really REALLY bad migraines when I was in my 20's, thankfully, as I have grown older, the migraines have lessened in frequency.
It was nothing unusual for me to suffer one a fortnight at one stage, they got so bad that not only was I on permanent medication to prevent them, I also had to carry an injection kit with me to use if I felt one coming on!
Anyway, those days are long long gone (THANK GOD!!!) but the odd migraine still manages to sneak on in and completely side swipe me when I am least expecting it!
I felt pretty bad for Jeremy, as he has never seen me have a really bad one, and yesterday morning as I was a snivelling mess, he had to try to establish what was wrong with me, and what he could do to help.
He finally managed to decipher my inane ramblings, and stop me from crying, but then when we realised that we had NO pain killers at all in the house, the tears started again, and he was back to square one!
Luckily he knew he had stacks of pills at work, so off he toddled, and came back shortly after with a handful of Nurofen Plus, which I swallowed gratefully, and then proceeded to sleep for four hours solid, totally oblivious to the rest of the world!
Rhian decided that she was going to stay home and "look after mummy" and there was NO WAY that he could convince her that Kindy was a better idea, so he worked from home for the day and entertained her, while I slept on.....
I finally rose at about 1.30pm and while the worst of the pain had subsided, I still had a dull throb going on, so I skulked around the house for the afternoon, not doing much of anything!
My knight in shining armour took care of everything, from the washing, to playing with Rhian, to getting dinner ready, and not even letting me raise a finger - BLESS HIM!!
Thankfully when I woke up this morning the headache was (mostly) gone, and in its place was the sensation of broken glass in my throat every time I swallow!!
It really just isn't my week this week at all. Hopefully it wont eventuate in to anything major!
So...... I am at work, and coping pretty well, and apart from being a bit washed out, all is well again.
Not a lot else going on at the moment, just catching up on work today, and also trying to figure out where I am gonna get Rhian's cake from - and what it is gonna look like!
It is times like this that I really wish I had taken up cake decorating classes or something!
I mean, I can make a mean as cake, but I am hopeless at decorating them!!
Hmmmmm, hopefully I can find something suitable..... problem is, that I have NO IDEA where to start looking!?!
Someone mentioned the bakery department at the supermarket?? Some to "make to order" cakes.
Well, I guess it is worth a try huh??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pak'n'Save do cakes... you can get those edible pictures on them... if you remember the cakes we had at the kids christenings, they were PnS jobs! I think we might do that for Zach's one this year as well... I really can't be bothered making one this year - not for as many people as needed anyway. Hope you feel better soon sweets, xxx
ReplyDeleteQuite a few supermarkets here do cakes. I'm no decorator but you can get some very easy ideas of the internet, also you could make a couple of cakes and form a number 5. LOL - or else hint to your mum! (Sorry Jenny) I usually end up doing the grandkids birthday cakes.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you've been so sick. Hopefully you're over the worst of it now?!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
What about a number 5 cake (like anne said!), do some pink butter cream on it and then cover with her favourite lollies. Then it doesn't matter how the icing really looks!
K :)
Good to her you are a lot better. Full marks to Jeremy for stepping up to the mark and doing all those chores :)
ReplyDeleteThink I made #5 Birthday cakes for all three of you girls. I have the birthday book if you need it!!!!! LOL :) :)
Luv Ya
xoxoxoxo
I always buy a cake from Pak N Save or Foodtown! I am lazy like that! lol
ReplyDeleteDo you have "Divine Cakes" - they make yummy cakes..otherwise the supermarkets do kiddies birthday cakes, sorry to read about your migraine, hope you dont have a reoccurance anytime soon, Cheers
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you've been sick love :( My old school friend Joanne Palmer at Foxton Beach makes the most amazing cakes with anything you want on them but not sure about price. I could ask if you want? x
ReplyDelete