90.2kgs this morning...
I'm not getting on them again until next Monday - that's it!
I'll take the bloody battery out of them if I have to!
I had a pretty bad weekend too.... I pigged out a bit yesterday, on sweets!
K-Bars to be exact!
I always get really bad sweet cravings around the beginning of my cycle, and this time around was no exception...
In fact, if anything, I would say it was worse this month!
And my moods have been shocking too!
Maybe my bad moods were because I knew I was eating bad, and I couldn't seem to stop it?
OK, so not bad BAD, just too many lollies!
I've stuck to the low carb thing, in fact, I haven't eaten a slice of bread or any pasta or rice or potatoes for a couple of weeks now.
I can't honestly say that I am feeling any better for it yet... but I am told that will come :)
The "not feeling hungry" thing isn't working for me either, but I will keep at it for a while longer and see how I go...
One thing I can say, is that I no longer feel bloated...
And that has to be a positive huh??
On to other things.... I have sent out the last of the invitations today, so that is fantastic!
Well, actually, I have another one to send out tomorrow once it is printed, and there are still 4 addresses that i am waiting on, but I can't do much until I get them back, so I am not stressing over that at all!
I went to Moore Wilsons on the weekend (a bulk buy store) and bought the sweets for the Candy Bar we are having instead of a formal dessert.
To add dessert on to the menu, the caterer charges an extra $10 per head, and through a lot of feedback I have had, most people said that loads of people wont bother with dessert, so it can be a waste of money. Plus, 100 guests at $10 per head for dessert was an extra $1000!.
So..... instead, we are doing what has become quite popular, and going for a Candy Bar instead. Just an assortment of different sweets, set out in bowls that you can help yourself to if the inclination arises!
Of course there will be the wedding cake (chocolate Mud) as well, and I am also planning on doing a couple of big fresh fruit platters, but the aim is to keep it simple....
We went for a walk on he weekend around the gardens in Lower Hutt to look at potential places to have photos done, and found this amazing tree (I made Jeremy get in the picture to show how big it is):
How gorgeous would photos there be??
Rhian has been with her dad for the week, and she comes back to our place today - I have missed her like crazy, and sh will be amazed to see how Jaynie is progressing.
It just melts my heart to see the bond that those two share already.... Jaynie's face lights up when Rhian comes home, and Rhian absolutely adores her little sister!
Long may it last I say!!
We have been doing a bit of "tough love" with Miss Jaynie this week.
She was still waking a couple of times every night, so last Thursday, I'd absolutely had enough, and I let her cry it out for a bit....
Thursday night she woke up 3 times, and each time I made sure she was OK, then let her cry....
It was bloody hard, but I think it had to be done!
Friday night she only woke once, and again, I let her cry....
Saturday and Sunday nights were the same, just one wake up, and again we let her cry...
Of course it has been getting easier and easier, and last night was by far the best night!
She went down at 8pm, woke once at 4am, cried for 4 minutes, ten went back to sleep until 6.30am this morning!
I tell ya what - it is bloody AWESOME to be able to finally get some sleep after 10 months of getting up at least twice every single night!
And..... Miss Jaynie is a LOT happier during the day!
Yesterday she laughed and giggled and babbled her way through the day - it was so cute - almost as if she had just realised that she has a voice!
She has 3 main sounds....
Mummumumumumumum
Dadadadadadadada
Bebebebebebebebe (which is usually directed at Bella!)
How cute is that!!
This week at work is going to be a busy one... m manager is away, so is my co-worker... so I am it!
Crikey!
I love it though - gives me a chance to catch up on stuff without being bothered by either of them! Hahahahahaha.....
I went out for a walk at lunch time, 5.4km, and I feel fantastic for it!
The funny thing is, is that I have already burned off more calories than I have eaten today!
Ok, so the next thing I eat will cancel that out, but it's pretty cool to know that I am ahead for once!
I had an optifast shake for lunch, and I think I will just have eggs for dinner... I'm making a lasagne for the others, but really don't feel like it...
It's time to get bloody tough on myself.... no more K-Bars, no more flat whites, so more slacking off on the exercise... just because the other girls don't want to walk, doesn't mean that I can't get out there by myself in the evening and pound the pavement!
NO EXCUSES!
I am on the countdown, and I wont fail.
I WON'T!
Hi Jo,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say I think that's a great dessert idea. Why pay all that extra money? One of my sisters makes fabulous fudge, so for another sister's wedding, dessert was chocolate covered fudge, fruit platters and cake. Everyone raved about the fudge, and about the NZ bubbly (wedding was in Wollongong, and my mum and her partner bought a whole lot of Lindauer - the Australian guests thought it was really top notch!).
Also, I get it about K Bars - such nostalgia!
Good luck with the eating and exercising, and avoiding the scale. I also meant to say to you, is the battery fresh? Mine gets really unreliable when the battery is getting older - I wish it would just stop working!
Penny xo
I know that tree... my mum used to take me to the stone seat underneath when I was little to eat our lunch.
ReplyDeleteYour Mum just left, we chatted all afternoon (not about you). I did mention though that you should stop weighing yourself and perhaps just take measurements instead. Weighing can actually make you eat the bad stuff, especially when you don't see a good number on the scale.
Clearly your body works differently so I'm not sure how to stop your sugar cravings. I know you actually have to completely stop for it to work :)
What about trim flat whites? I love them.
ReplyDeleteYes to avoiding the scales!
Yes, your mother was lovely as was John and Ali. They probably thought I was a food nutta but oh well... maybe they will make a few changes too!
ReplyDeleteMy weight is all over the place in any week. The only thing you need to know is that it is going down. It will if you cut out the sugar etc - trust that it will and don't weigh until next week (God I hope you have a loss... hehe)