How good does that look???
I was sitting at my desk STARVING this morning, wondering what the heck I could eat that was low carb and healthy....
All I could think of was eggs!
We don't have an oven here.... just a microwave, so I was a little perplexed.
A quick S.O.S phone call to mum, and she suggested berries with yoghurt!
Why the heck didn't I think of that!!??!!
YUMMY!!!!!
It was totally delicious and I am now full as a bull!
It will be interesting to see how long it takes to feel hungry again after that lot!
I ate it at 10am :)
I took Jaynie back to the Dr yesterday, just so that I could get a referral to a specialist....
Her GP was more than happy to refer me, so we now have an appointment with one of the top Ear, Nose & Throat specialists in the region for January 25th!
I'm totally stoked!!
Maybe we can finally get to the bottom of her recurrent ear infections!
Fingers crossed!
Scales were down again this morning.... 90.2kg
Hopefully tomorrow they wont go back up again!!
I was supposed to be going out for lunch with my dear friend Rose today, but she just text to say that she isn't well.... Hope you feel better real soon hun!!!
So, lunch time for me today might just involve going on the hunt for a doll that Rhian wants to add to her collection!
I didn't bring my walking shoes today, so exercise is out of the question....
I also need to get a couple of presents for a birthday party we are going to on Sunday..... twin boys turning 2 years old.
So it looks like a bit of retail therapy is on the cards for me today :)
I am supposed to be going to drinks for Sue's birthday tonight..... I say "supposed to" because I really do NEED to....
I was meant to go to dinner with her on Tuesday night, but I didn't end up going, so I really do need to go tonight.
The problem being, is that it is just gonna be a drink fest with heaps of her daughters friends there, and I really can't be bothered with that!
I think I will just turn up, hang around for an acceptable amount of time, then bugger off again :)
Yesterday my food was really good - I low carbed it all day - I was so proud of myself!
Then last night happened!!
THURSDAY:
Trim Flat White
Greek Yoghurt & banana
Trim Flat White
Coleslaw, Tuna, Pine Nuts, Sun dried tomatoes:
(looks like crap, but I LOVE it!!!)
Atkins Endulge Chocolate Coconut bar
Apple
AND HERE IS WHERE IT ALL TURNED PEAR SHAPED!!
Glass of wine
Another Glass of wine
And another glass of wine
Hunk of cheese with tomato relish
Another Glass of wine
A handful of chippies
A few nuts
Another glass of wine
McDonalds Quarter Pounder Burger!!
Moral of the story....... NEVER let your 7 year old talk you in to going through the McDonalds drive through after a bottle and a half of wine!!!
Of course it seemed like a good idea at the time.... Jeremy even tried to tell me that I would regret it later...
But did I listen??
HELL NO!!
Jo knows best!
YEAH RIGHT!!
I tell ya what though...... I DID regret it, cos I had a crap sleep... not too sure if that was because of all the wine and the fact that the room was spinning a bit, or the burger!
And something else..... I NEED to cut out the booze if I am to fit my damn dress for the wedding!!!!
My problem is.... is that I have one glass, then lose the ability to say NO to another!
I'm just gonna have to start saying NO to that first glass from now on!
Righto..... best I go and do some work now :)
Friday, January 13, 2012
Friday 13th January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A wee bit of vanilla essence added to the yoghurt is yummy too.
ReplyDeleteWell done.......you can have a wine......just not a bottle lol
ReplyDeleteWell done on gettting an appt for Jaynie so fast :)
Keep up the good work, you are on to it and the results will show :)
luv ya
xoxoxo
Hi Jo,
ReplyDeleteHave been following for a couple of months - great work so far and your girls are beautiful!!
If you want to cook eggs in the microwave you can.
Poached - third fill a teacup with boiling water, break egg in and prick yolk with fork. cook on high for 20-25 secs - watch carefully so it doesn't burst!!
Scrambled - break egg(s) into teacup - mix with fork and cook on high fo 35-45 secs each egg.
both times depend on power of microwave, but I've ben having poached eggs on toast at work for a while now. Hopefully will work well for you too.
Jo - you crack me p, love the post with pictures of your days food (& wine).
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Jaynie.
That was so funny... not sure how you can do a wine and not a bottle and a half !!
ReplyDeleteHey Jo,
ReplyDeleteNot sure if it would work for you but I have swapped to diet coke and Bacardi instead of wine. Its much lower GI and lasts longer for me because its a bigger drink. I have found I need to be careful to measure the bacardi though or I get a bit heavy handed!
If you want to stay away from diet coke you could try to make something with soda or mineral water and maybe lemon or lime. Spirits (esp white ones) are much lower carb than wine.
If you like eggs in the morning but dont like to cook you could try hard boiling a few and keeping them in the fridge to eat on the run.
The other thing I have just discovered is home made baked beans. You can keep them in the fridge or freezer and just reheat in the morning. The recipie Ive tried has about 4 different types of sugar so not the best but Im sure you could find one online with lots of tomatoes and onion in it.
LOL I had to scroll back to count up the glasses of wine!
ReplyDeleteI agree, you need to say NO to the first one.
LOL! That made me laugh. Alcohol equals bad choices every time!
ReplyDelete