Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Tuesday 17th January 2012
I'm hungry dammit!!!
And I'm grumpy!
The stupid F*#ken scales were UP again this morning!!!
90.8kg!!!
That is 1.1kg overnight!
I just don't get it?!?
Would it be the alcohol from Saturday night?
All I know is that I am even more bloody determined to shift this damn weight now, and I WON'T GIVE UP like I have time and time again!
QUESTION:
What would be the target amount of carbs to aim for in a day??
I have cut out all "obvious" carbs, but I am just curious to know what the other "low carbers" out there are targeting??
I have found the most AMAZING website for tracking food and exercise, and I must admit that I have become a little obsessed with labels at the moment :)
myfitnesspal.com
For breakfast this morning, I had strawberries, blueberries and Greek Yoghurt.
That was at about 9am.
It's now 11.40am and my stomach is rumbling and I am looking for food.
I keep on drinking water to try to kill the feeling, but it really isn't working...
It makes me think that I must be doing something wrong, as I don't have the feeling of never being hungry like others mention.
I'm really trying hard to differentiate between "head hunger" and "real hunger" and I am 99% sure that what I am feeling at the moment is real hunger.
Maybe I need to just give in and have eggs at breakfast time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jo, have been a reader of you blog for years we have emailed a few times about Nickleback etc... i am currently on the sureslim program which is very low carb, a typical day consits for me 2eggs adn cap,onion,tom or natural yoghurt & apple for breakfast, lunch is some form of protein cheese, chicken breast and salad mountain bread, dinner protein steak fish chicken vegies all green silverbeet, zuchinni, broc, snow peas and 100gr of sw pot... not sure if this helps at all but next to no carbs and i have lost 6.1 kgs in 5 weeks,..Kellie
ReplyDeleteHi jo I also have read your blogs for years. having been to a nutritionist and done every dirt under the sun I am pretty sure you are eating too many carbs in the form of fruit. It is full of natural sugar which then spikes your own blood sugars. There is a programme called body trim which is low carb and you are allowed no fruit at all. this might help?
ReplyDeleteI know that Katie Jay when she was out here said that she trys to limit her carbs to under 50 gms per day but usually she does lower than that.
ReplyDeleteI also have a handful of almonds (not salted or roasted) at around mid morning and again mid afternoon.
ReplyDeleteJo maybe you need a morning snack? Im happy to inbox you a copy of my average daily eating if you like to give you a idea of what i am eating as you know I am getting the results so happy to do it if you like:)
ReplyDeleteJo, because your tummy holds less than what we can you will need more snacks in between meals. That is why the yoghurt and berries isn't doing it for you. If you had that at 9am by 11am you will need some more protein/fat...so I suggest a few walnuts/bazil nuts/almonds or maybe a hard boiled egg to get you through til lunch. Then you will need to do something similar in the afternoon. I think to really get it moving you cut the carbs back to 50 or no lower than 30. Do you like 'beer sticks'....maybe one of those would just be enough to tide you over. On the low carb website there is a list of the lower carb fruit & veggies. I will email some links. :)
ReplyDeleteLuv ya & hope this helps.
xoxoxo
Mmmn......I have just done some more reading and it looks like you need more protein at breakfast, but because of your tummy maybe have a protein shake when you get to work as an extra to the yoghurt & berries. Tt will take a little while for the 'not feeling hungry' feeling to take effect. Also another hint, don't exercise until after 5pm.
ReplyDeleteAlso you can cut the carbs back to 20 and no more than 50 - 75.
Remember....protein first at all meals. :)
xoxox
and remember the protein needs to be at least 1/2 of the meal.
ReplyDeleteYep - fruit can certainly get out of hand! I reckon the eggs thing for breaky - just cos they are yummy nd keep you full forever.
ReplyDeleteYour Mum is right on the money... you need to eat more. 6 times a day. The most weight loss success I ever had was when I ate like this
ReplyDelete8am Breakfast
10.30 Snack
12.30 Lunch
3pm Snack
5.30 Dinner or very light snack
or dinner (meal + desert) when it suits and make sure you cut your dinner time off before 7.30pm.
Good Luck you are trying so hard and we are all proud of you xo
Another long time reader :-)
Hi there!
ReplyDeleteBefore I had the surgery, a gastric bypass (the same as you had) I went on a very strict lchf diet, I only had 5 g of carbs a day. To be that strict doesn’t work now but you need to be under 20 carbs a day! (you would have to eat to much fat to keep you not hungry and I don’t think your new tummy can handle that much fat…)
I have made some really nice breakfast “muffins”, contains:
5 eggs, ½ dl crème, 1 dl grated cheese and a package bacon. And then in the oven for 20 min, 175 celcius , use small cupcake “forms” (amount: 6-8) They tend to raise a lot! I used to have one of those for breakfast.
But as I said I was very strict, this means that I didn’t have any milk in my coffe, almost no greens and never any fruit. I can see that you don’t want to live as strict as I did and therefor you can have some of that in your meals, but do your math on a couple of days. Measure everything! Then you really can see every little carb in your meal.
If you can handle some flour? I know that it really rich in carbs, but if you don’t eat much of them for the rest of the day? Blend cottage cheese (250 gr) 3 egs, bacon or ham and 1 tablespoon of wholegrain flour (I don’t know the word for it, don’t mix it, just stir it together) and then take and put some butter in a pan and fry the mixture, use a little more than a tablespoon at a time. Don’t have the heat on to much cause it take some time. If you don’t want to have bacon you can use whatever, cinnamon, apple, leeks, spinach, herbs osv)
I started out 108 kg and had the gastric bypass in late November 2010 and now Im at 68,8! It has really slowed down now. My goal has been seeing 68, and I m there now but deep down I really would like to be down to 65 or even 63. Im only 1,64 m!
Be as strict as you have decided to be, measure everthing over a couple of days and drink as much water as you can!
Take care!