Friday, January 27, 2012
Friday 27th January 2012 - 2
The Angel won!
I got off my butt and went for a walk..... 5.86km to be exact!
And, I RAN 1km of it!
HOLY CRAP!!!
I should have clarified before when I said I was hungry, that I didn't want to eat just yet, cos if I did, I wouldn't go out for a walk at all....
Usually when I am hungry - I eat.
I have raw brazil nuts and raw almonds in my desk drawer, and I will snack on those (limited to a set amount) if I need to.
I also have a big bottle of water that I guzzle out of, and that sometimes satisfies the hunger pangs....
So yeah.... I do usually eat, just not right before exercise.
Anyway... that now makes it 4 days in a row that I have gone out walking at lunchtime, and I am really enjoying it.
Yesterday I ran about 500m without stopping, and although that doesn't sound like a heck of a lot, I struggled with it.
Today, my feet were hurting and my legs were aching, and I really didn't want to go out again...
But I did, and like I said - I ran!
This time I ran just over 1km without stopping, and next time I will either try for the same, or even further.
We don't have much planned for this weekend, except a BBQ at a friends place on Saturday night.
I won be drinking (or eating crap) so I will take my diet ginger beer and hopefully have an early-ish night.
Not much more to say... I've got a pile of work to do so best I get on and do it so I can actually get out of here this afternoon!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, go you. I don't think I have ever run 1 km!!! I can't wait for your weigh in next week!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done on running 1 km - that is brilliant in such a short time, you will be signing up for a flippin marathon next :-)
Woohoo! Go Jo!!! I too can't wait for Monday's weigh in!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! you are doing great, keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteMalin, Sweden
I'm glad the angel won, much better for your ongoing motivation!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend!
Penny xo
Well done!
ReplyDeleteI hate running... but admire those who do it.