The week is going well for me, I won;'t say it has been easy, cos I have certainly been challenged on occasion...
But I am pleased to say that I have been able to stand my ground and not give in to the inner voices telling me that "just one" will be OK.
Just one glass of wine..... No thanks
Just one snack size Milky Bar..... No Thanks
Just one ice cream..... No thanks
Just one boiled sweet.....No thanks
Just one for me, would lead to another one, and then another one and then another one.....
So, if I just say no to the first one, then I am fine :)
Last night we went around to Sonyas for a little bit - it would have been Jeremy & Sonya's mums 60th birthday yesterday had she still been alive.
Instead of taking a bottle of wine, I took a small bottle of Ginger Beer and a plastic container of decaf coffee!!
While the others all tucked in to chips and dips, i sucked on my ginger beer, and then when the wine (and beer) kept flowing, I made myself a coffee...
I was sooooo proud of myself!!
They ordered pizza for dinner, and once it turned up, we came home and had a homemade crustless quiche thing I had made earlier, and felt completely 100% YAY!!! with my evening choices.
YAY!!
My exercise is going well too...
Tuesday I went out for a 5.5km walk at lunch time, and then did more exercise with Sonya Monday night, another half an hour on the bike and X-trainer.
Wednesday my lunchtime walk was 4.5km (cos I didn't have as much time) but I ramped up the pace and really broke a good sweat - felt bloody fantastic afterwards too!
Today I will go out walking at lunch time again, and then Sonya and Amy are supposed to be coming around tonight for "bootcamp".
I've had a few comments lately that I am looking slimmer, so maybe it is actually working??
I am out going near the scales until Monday, and I will also do measurements then as well....
The suspense is killing me, but I am determined to hold out until then!
I'm getting some good incidental exercise in as well, just by taking the stairs (5 flights) instead of the elevator, by parking my car in the carpark furtherest away instead of the closest one I can find... just small things like that. It makes me feel good just to know I am doing well :)
Oh yeah - just for the record...... I've gone to black coffee, just because the Trim Milk Flat whites that I love so much, are still around 100 calories per cup!!
With 5 - 6 coffees a day, that was over a third of my allowed calorie intake - JUST ON COFFEE!!!
No bloody wonder the scales were jumping around so much last week!
I'm actually enjoying them black.... it makes me feel in control - and I LOVE that!
Jaynie went to see the Ear, Nose & Throat specialist yesterday..... he was just lovely.
Apparently, and "acute" case of recurrent ear infections is 3 - 4 infections in a 6 month period.
Jaynie has had 8 ear infections in 4 months!
And, since she doesn't really respond well to the antibiotics, he has recommended she have Grommets put in.
So..... it looks like our baby girl will be having minor surgery on 16th February!
It's a bit scary, but I also have complete faith in the medical professionals that will be performing the procedure....
Still.... it's a general anaesthetic (even if it is for just a few minutes) and that give me the heebies!
But..... if it is going to help her out and give us our happy girl back, then it will all be worth it!
7 more sleeps til I go to Sydney!
SO EXCITING!!!!!
You are doing so well - I know the scales will show it. About the coffee a friend just left me a comment and said that she gets a long black with cream on the side (cream is really low carb). I didn't know you could even do that! Why not get a long black with a little milk on the side? Then you can control the amount. Milk is high carb but the amount of coffee I have when out it just doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so well with your exercise and black coffees! And well done on the self control at Sonya's last night too! Am sure Jaynie will be just fine but it must be rather scary for any parent!
ReplyDeleteGreat work Jo!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realise you were having that many trim flats when I made my comment. I probably only have a couple a week.
Please to hear they are onto it with Jaynie.