Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday 24th February


Four weeks ago exactly, I was away in la-la land right about now.
My surgery was finished, and I was totally oblivious to everything around me....
And now, here I am, 4 weeks down the track, and still learning a hell of a lot about myself and my body.

I will admit that it has not been anywhere near as "easy" as I thought it would be!
I am still struggling on a daily basis with what I can eat and what I can't eat.
But...... as the days go by, I am learning all the time - YAY!!!!

I have also given up on the daily weighing.
It was truly doing my head in.
And I do actually KNOW that the weight will come off......
I KNOW that this time will be the last time that I EVER weigh 124-ish kgs.
So what if next week I am "only" down another 700grams?
It will be another 700 grams that I NEVER have to lose again!!!!!
Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say, is that I am FINALLY letting go of the scales and the hold that they have over me.

About bloody time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway....... this week is the week that I am allowed to start exercising.
Well, last night was out, cos I was still feeling pretty shitty after having the day off with a thumping headache.
So..... tonight I want to get out and go swimming, or walking, or biking, or SOMETHING!!!
But........ I have Rhian.
If I go swimming, I will have to stay in the kids pool with her.
If I go walking, she will want to take her bike, and then she will get shitty with riding after about 10 minutes and I will have to "walk" her bike home again.
I can't go out biking, cos both tyres are flat and I need to invest in a helmet.
Hmmmmmmm..............
What to do????

I was "supposed" to have it all sorted......... all organised!!!!
I'm just bloody hopeless some times!  hehehehehehe


Righto - it is nearly home time now, so best I get cracking and get this report finished before I leave for the day.
Mince and mashed potato for dinner tonight - Rhian LOVES mince and mashed potato........... hopefully I will be able to stomach it :)

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! The lights are on and someone is home.....ROFL. You are doing so well and at last you have recognised the fact that YES the weight will come off.
    Hope the mince and mashed potato goes down ok. At least Rhian will love it :)
    Don't forget there is a helmet up here....LOL...the black & white one, or Dad's new one that now he has no use for as he doesn't have a bike..LOL :)
    Have a great evening even if it is just a walk. You could always go annoy the rellies....LOL
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge load off it must be to take the focus off the scales! I'm working on that one on a weekly basis, I am seriously starting to believe that when you do that that's when you really start succeeding on this journey.

    ReplyDelete