Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday 16th February - 125.1 kg



Weighed in this morning at 125.1 kg

Loss this week of 1.3 kg
Total loss since beginning the Pre-Op diet is 15.5 kg in 5 weeks.
Can't complain at that one huh??

Actually, I really can't complain at much at all to be honest.....
OK, so I am having trouble with the food that I can eat successfully, but if I am patient and just persevere, I know that things will get better.
And... it's not as if I have much of a choice huh?
I can bitch and moan about it, or I can suck it up and deal with it.
I'm choosing to suck it up!
Of course that doesn't mean that I wont come online and complain from time to time, but I just don't want to turn my blog in to something that is filled with doom and gloom and a heap of negativity.
Having this surgery has already changed my life for the better - my back is not aching anymore, my feet aren't so swollen, my hips and knees don't hurt with every step I take anymore..... all these small non-scale victories I am seeing every day are fantastic!!

Today, I am wearing a skirt that had been pushed to the back of the wardrobe 6 months ago, and also a shirt that had been relegated to the deep dark depths about 12 months ago!!!
So compared to just a few months ago, I can certainly notice the difference in my body!  And I love it!!!!!

This week I am back at work full time, and am hoping that all goes well.
I am certainly feeling 1000% improvement on this time last week, when I was just about asleep at my desk after a few hours back at it.
I feel as if I could conquer the world today.
Not that I will of course...... I am still taking it slowly.  After all, it is only three weeks since surgery!
I still have to keep reminding myself of that nearly every day!

I need to start exercising soon........ I will give myself this week to get used to working full time again, but next week, LOOK OUT!

Not much else to say today....

Except that even though the clouds are grey outside, the sun is shining in my life!

Corny huh???

9 comments:

  1. Great to see you sounding much happier. :) Great too that those smaller clothes are seeing the light of day and Ann wont have to take you home to change!!! LOL Also no aching back or joints.....that is a real major breakthrough.
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear about the positives and I am sure that as you learn how the tool works for you the food issues will disappear.
    Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome loss well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic feeling for you seeing the scales heading down, wearing smaller clothes, minus the aches etc:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Jo there have been some changes eh? You do sound much happier ! I am really interested to follow ur journey (my doc recommended WLS but i told him i wanna give ww a solid go for 12 months)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad the sun is shining in your life - you are doing so well, all the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear you sound so happy and cheery, you've got an amazing attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for getting out smaller clothes, you always had fantastic taste in clothes so I bet your looking and feeling fantastic.

    Excellent loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just laughed & cried my way through catching up on your past 6 months Jo! OMG, what an amazing time you've had. Firstly, congratulations on a gorgeous daughter - she is so cute & such a delight!! Secondly, congratulations on the surgery & the following weight loss. That is such a huge scarey thing to commit too. You should be proud. Thanks for the invite & look forward to the comming adventures. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete