Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday 17th February



I'm loving my "new" wardrobe!

Today I am in a wrap around shirt that was once tight, now it will be going on the "too big" pile once it is washed!!!
And, also the black panelled skirt I am wearing, will be joining it!!
I can't believe how quickly I am going through my wardrobe!
IT IS FANTASTIC!!!
I have the boxes in the garage of smaller clothes, but I actually want to hold off on pulling them all out again, until I have some more room in my closet.

And at the rate I am going, it wont be very far away at all.

Food is getting a little boring at the moment......
I am pretty much sticking to a protein shake for breakfast, and then some mashed banana and yoghurt for lunch.
I am a little hesitant to try new stuff while I am at work, cos I have had such a bad run with eating lately at home.....
It either doesn't agree with me, or gets stuck, or I eat too much etc...
At least with sticking to the stuff I am "safe" with, I know that I can get through the day without having to lie down for a rest!  hehehehe....
I have a list of things that I want to try though, and that list is getting longer by the day.
BUT...... I am determined to stick to my budget, and my resolve to ONLY shop once a week - no exceptions!!
I will just have to wait until Saturday when I get the groceries to buy the new crackers and tuna spread I have been told about!!
I'm just bloody impatient!  hehe

Rhian had an appointment at the Eye clinic up at the hospital this morning, as she failed her eye test at Kindy a few months back.
Failed it spectacularly in fact!!
But, this morning, her eyes tested perfectly fine, with no problems at all !!
Just goes to show that the little minx is a bloody good actress when she wants to be!!
I'm just pleased that I didn't jump the gun and go through my optometrist!
We opted to go through the hospital, even though the waiting list was 2 months long.....
I'm glad we did, cos otherwise I am sure I would have been grumpy at having to fork out money for nothing!!!
Ah well.......... I am just pleased that there is nothing wrong with her eyesight, and that she doesn't need glasses.
Of course, with our family history, chances are that she will need them further down the track, but for now I'm happy that she doesn't have to worry about them when she goes to school..................... in 12 WEEKS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe it???
In just 12 weeks time, my "baby" will be off to school!!!!!
It leaves me wondering what has happened to the last nearly 5 bloody years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmm.......... scary!!!!!


10 comments:

  1. Arghh, 12 weeks! I am trying to live in denial at the moment but things like this keep coming up to remind me! Arghhh!
    Anyway, cool bananas on your clothing situation... it will just keep on going like this until you really have to go and BUY some new clothes rather than just pulling them out of boxes in the garage - you will have to make sure you TradeMe your too big ones first though!
    As for the eye tests, just to let you know that under 6's are actually free at the optometrist... I had to get Zach done a while ago and just got another reminder to take him back again. Just goes to show that some things in the NZ healthcare system do work!
    love you heaps,
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased that Little Miss has good sight at the moment. Thank goodness for no expenses in this field by going through Hospital. Don't forget to see about your hearing through Hospital as well, I know Grandad did his that way but that was years ago of course.
    By the way the date on your Surgery date photo is wrong!!!! You had surgery on 27th Janurary...duh!!!! Blondie!!!!!
    Luv ya shrinking Jo LOL :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny but our little grandson wanted glasses, (maybe cos his brother has) he was recalled for an eye test and said he had been waiting for this day all his life, it was going to be the best day of his life. Totally gutted when he's eyes checked out ok!

    Bet it's fun dragging out the smaller clothes and knowing the larger ones are obsolete!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome results Jo.
    Wow 12 weeks until your little girl turns 5 where has the time gone???
    As for the eye tests I paniced a bit when the plunket nurse told me that my daughter has a lazy eye. We did all the things with patches, exercising weak eye etc and had to go to an eye specialist etc for yonks and then got told there was nothing to be concerned about she is now 16!!!Sometimes us mothers take something a little to far.
    Glad everything is going well. When are we going to get an update (photos) willl be great to see all these changes.

    Take care.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody hell 12 weeks gees have I been reading your blog that long.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't beleive she is almost 5 years old!!! I me tyou right aroudn the time when you had her. We have all come such a long way since then. I also get bored with food, and can never make up my mind on what to have at short notice, cos I just don't have any clue as to what I feel like........cos I still don't get hungary. Just eat cos I know i need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good god, that means I have been reading your bloody blog for MORE THAN 5 years! AND it's your bloody fault I am now a blogger... TA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, like the others I am shocked that wee poppet is going to be turning five. I can't believe I've been reading for so long (prior to you getting pregnant even)

    Gosh where has the time gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I can't beleive your baby is off to school - I too have been reading since before she was born!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in the same boat, my dd will be 5 this year but doesnt start school till next year. My point is "where have the last 5 years gone"???????? Have I been reading about your life for that long and longer????? Glad to hear her eyes are ok... my daughter has selective hearing :) oh geez they can be monkeys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete