It's been a good few days... although I have still be a little frustrated at what I have and haven't been able to eat...
Like today... we were out at lunch time, and I knew it was going to be at least an hour before I would be able to get a decent lunch, so I made do with a Le Snack (3 crackers and cheese dip) that I had packed for Rhian and she hadn't eaten.
Great - I LOVE them! And it went down perfectly.
But, by the time we got home, I was feeling a little hungry.
Maybe I should have just ignored it??
I didn't, and reheated a tiny piece of pumpkin and carrot that was left over from last nights dinner.
It was moist and just plain lovely to eat, and I shouldn't have eaten that last mouthful...... but I did!!!
And HOLY FUCK! I thought my gut was trying to turn inside out and slap me up side the head!!!
I was in a hell of a lot of pain, which resulted in tears, and me hunched over the toilet bowl.
But.... i couldn't throw up!! I contemplated sticking my fingers down my throat the pain was that bad, but I am totally paranoid about throwing up since the surgery.
So, what I had to do is breathe through the pain and just deal with it.
BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!
To say that I was not a happy camper this afternoon would have been a huge understatement!!
The thing that I am finding difficult at the moment, is figuring out WHEN I am full!!!
At this stage, I know all about it when I have eaten too much, but I can't tell if I have had enough before that!
Does that make sense??
Last nights dinner was exactly the same....... Dinner was delicious, and I was thoroughly enjoying it, but then WHAMMO - too much!!!!
It just happens without warning at all.
I mean, even before I had this surgery, I would KNOW when I was getting full...... now? Nope!
No bloody idea!!!!!!
OK, enough complaining!
Friday was a busy day, I had an appointment at the Audiologist to discuss hearing aide options, as the funding I applied for 6 months ago, finally came through....
But, I can safely say that since I don't have a spare $3670 lying around, I wont be getting any hearing aides any time soon!!!
Seriously!
$9700 for two tiny bloody hearing aides!!!
The funding that I got would have paid $6030 towards them, but I would still have to cough up $3670, and that just isn't gonna happen - NO WAY!!!
So........ I will remain deaf and continue to piss people off by asking them to repeat everything they say to me a million times!
Such is life!
After that disappointment, I went to visit a friend who had an operation the day before me, except hers was completely different.
She donated a kidney to someone she barely knew!!!!!!!!
Anyway - we got to compare scars and hospital stays - it was good to catch up.
Then off to collect Rhian from daycare, then come home to get my house clean cos Sharon and Sue were coming around for "drinks".
I didn't have a nana nap at all, and the girls left at about 11pm, so it was a long long day for me...... but I coped.
Saturday involved a trip to the markets for vegetables, then the supermarket for groceries, a 5th birthday for a kindy friend of Rhians, and the rest of the day was spent just pottering around the garden and doing the washing etc.
Today I stripped some wallpaper over at Jeremy's place while he cleaned up the outside of his place, weedeating, mowing the lawns and washing the house.
Rhian was a great help with the wallpaper stripping, but I think it was cos she LOVED getting the walls so wet without being told off! lol
She kept telling me that it was hard work, and that she liked doing hard work!
That's my girl!!!
I have been weighing every day this week, and am pretty sure that I have hit the classic three week plateau that everyone talks about after surgery.
The scales have been going up and down the same 300grams every day this week. I think I am about 600grams down from last week, so nothing to write home about in the great scheme of things.
I'm trying not to let it bother me at all, but I must admit to feeling a bit ripped off cos I know for damn sure that I am not "cheating" at all!
Non-scale victories for me this weekend have been, finding that my favourite jeans, that were getting very VERY tight before surgery, are finally getting looser, and I'm loving that - especially around my thighs! YAY!
And...... the ring that I wear on my middle finger (my grandmothers wedding ring) is getting loose. In fact, it slipped off earlier today while I was washing my hands!!
The only other place I can wear it if it gets much bigger, is on my thumb, or on a chain around my neck! never thought about jewellery not fitting! hehehehehehe
Righto, time to figure out what Rhian is doing, cos it has gone very quiet all of a sudden!
That makes me nervous.......
One giant learning curve for you with eating! I am sure it will all become second nature in a few weeks when it settles down and you can read the signs better. Maybe a good time to re read your notes again....LOL. Still very early days sweet pea :) Those favourite jeans will soon be in the "too big" box LOL :) Woo hoo :) You are doing so very well and it is obviously showing in what you can wear. :)
ReplyDeleteYep the quiet 4 year old causes me to worry as well. Up to no good when there is no noise LOL
ReplyDeleteI think you are amazing!!!! Keep up the good work.
Must be so frustrating to get to that point that you feel so sick and in pain. I know nothing about what you have gone through but I'm sure it will settle down.
ReplyDeleteAs for the scales, don't worry about the numbers, focus on all those non scale victories you are seeing. Nothing better than lose clothes on this journey.
I "hear" you about the hearing aids (I'm completely deaf in right ear and wear an aid in my left which is 1/2 deaf)
ReplyDeleteI'm lucky I guess in that I have had the aid since childhood, so am covered by Govt which I am so grateful for, especially with reparis AND batteries.
One thing I did do though with my kids was to go to Signed English classes (couldn't as a kid myself as my parents refused to let me be part of the deaf community) but believe me.. its like having a secret language when we're out and about with the kids and I signing away (fun too when you find other deaf people who sign joining in the conversation LOL)
Oh and I think you're going really well, very proud of you :)
Anne