Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday 5th February

Old habits die hard.....
I had to cook for myself last night... and I over did it.
I have always been a big "cooker" (and therefore a bloody big eater too), and last night was no exception.
Luckily a girlfriend turned up and ate most of what I cooked, but it got me thinking that if I overcook every bloody night, I will be throwing a damn lot of food away!
I really HAVE to get used to how much I can eat....
It's weird... I'm not over eating at all, in reality, I am too damn scared to eat much at all, yet I still cooked it, and dished it up.
Have to get my head to catch up with my stomach I guess!
And, it doesnt help at this stage of the journey that I have to puree everything!
Last night, for me, I cooked a tiny peice of lamb steak (about the size of a matchbox), one floret of brocolli, one floret of cauliflower (now when I say a floret.... I actually mean the size of a peice that you would get in a stir fry from your local Chinese!!), one tiny peice of carrot, some purreed pumpkin, and a mashed potato & kumera bake thingee.
OK, so once the brocolli, cauliflower and carrot were steamed, I pureed them up in the magic bullet and it gave me about 1 Tablespoon of vege puree.
Once the Lamb steak was cooked, I pureed that up and it gave me about 1 tablespoon of meat.
I had about 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin puree (kept the rest for some soup for today) and I had cooked my mashed potato & kumera in a tiny ramekin with some grated cheese on top.
So....... I sit down to eat, my houseguests cracked up at my meal compared to theirs, I was astounded at the size of their plates....... and we all tucked in.
They finished theirs, and I was about half way through mine, and that was it.
I stopped.
Now, it was only a small amount that I threw out, but if Sue hadn't have turned up, I would have had half a dish (about 2 cups capacity) of the potato bake left, plus some carrots and pumpkin puree.
Anyway, this is probably making no bloody sense at all to anyone, but what I need to remember in my own head, is that big is NOT better!!!
I am NOT feeding an army at all, and I HAVE to cut down on what I cook!!!!!

***NOTE - MUM - New World here has NOTHING like the Foxton one in regard to meat or veges!!***

I went to the supermarket yesterday and got a few things, but need to make up a proper list and go back and do a decent shop today or tomorrow I think.
What I plan to do is sit down and write up a menu of the weekly meals, then go out and shop for them. That way I wont have a pile of food left in the house at the end of the week that I have to throw away!
ALL SUGGESTIONS welcome for meal ideas *wink*

Righto......... weight.
Well, not long after I got home yesterday (4pm) I jumped on the scales.... fully clothed, and to say that I was totally disappointed in what I saw would be a bloody understatement!!!!
Now, I KNOW that you are all gonna jump on me here, cos what I am about to type will seem bloody ridiculous to you all.... but hey, I'm allowed to say whatever I want here right??
OK, so when the numbers flashed up at me 129.5 kgs I nearly cried!
NOT tears of joy I might add.......... tears of frustration!
Yes - I was 134.8 kg on the hospital scales on the morning of surgery.
Yes - that means a loss of 5.3 kgs in 8 days.
Yes - I should have been shouting from the rooftops.
Yes - I AM insane!!!!
I was honestly disappointed......... you see, I had heard of "other" people losing 6 or 8 or 10 kgs in the first week!!!!!
Now, I KNOW that I am not "other" people, I know I went through a lot, I know my body is different yadda yadda yadda........ I was still disappointed!
And the ONLY thing I have to say for myself, is the fact that after the amount of pain that I went through - I bloody well deserve to lose 5kg a DAY!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahaha............ Righto - got that out of my system!
Anyway......... I am over it now!
TRULY!!!!!
I KNOW that it is a great loss!!!!
It means that I have lost 11.1 kgs since 13 January - about 3 1/2 weeks!
COOL!!!!!
I will do my "official" weigh in on Monday, and then every Monday after that will be weigh day.
Even though my surgery day was Tuesday - one day aint gonna matter shit in a few months!

OK.......... clothes.
NO - I am NOT feeling a difference in ANY of my clothes at all - YET!!!
My jeans are still ridiculously tight, my bra just about cuts me in half, my tops still cling to my middle roll and I dont feel one single ounce different!
How can that be??
How can someone lose 11kg and NOT notice it at all??
I am putting it down to the fact that because everything was so damn tight before, just because it is still stight, doesn't necessarily mean that it is the same smount of tight?? hehehehehe...
That is my story and I am sticking to it!!!

SHIT! Just had a phone call from a girlfriend to say that her and another friend will be here at 11am.
Fantsatic - I cant wait to see them!
BUT........... I am sitting here in my PJ's!!!
Time to have a shower!

Then I am going to get my hair done this afternoon - FINALLY!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I remember freezing baby veges in ice cube containers, would that help?? Hard to know what to suggest - because don't know what you can have!! Must seem really weird, can't imagine sitting down to that quanitity of food! Could you manage to casserole some meat and veges and puree that?

    Good to hear you are no longer beating yourself up about the loss - I reckon that is a fantastic effort!!!! And it will be all downhill from here!:-) Too much too quickly would seem hard to adjust to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO........I guess that means we bring a food parcel on Saturday!!!!!! Just a suggestion....re read the guidelines for Post op eating. The one I had on the bench. For the times you don't have Rhian maybe just cook every 2nd or 3rd day & store enough for the days in between. To start of course you would have to cook 2 days in a row so that you aren't eating the same thing every night. Just remember that the ramekin holds probably about what you can fit in at this stage...maybe even more than enough LOL. Just take it slowly. When you do have Missy it wont be quite so bad as you both can have the same foods, just take enough out for you to puree or mash. Other ideas, 1 egg, scrambled, poached & mashed, or an omelette with a little edam cheese. The protein powder & banana & milk & ice like you had here, or the yogurt & fruit with added protein powder. Other fruit(no seeds) for smoothies with protein powder & milk & ice. You can also add some yoghurt to the protein drink/smoothies as well. Your cruskits of course with toppings as per list. Soups as per list with some meat puree added. It will be easier once you can just mash food but remember to chew until smooth in your mouth and then of course after 4 weeks it will be whatever you fancy within the 10g sugar & 5g fat guidelines except for fibrous things & steak or chicken breast. Also yake a look at those recipe books and maybe someting in there will appeal....just follow what the guidelins are in small print for each stage you at. :)
    Just remember to eat 3 times a day and keep up those fluids. You are doing well :)

    Luv Ya
    Ma who will now stop being a dietician LOL. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOl - I think I lost 5kgs in my first week and I started at a much higher weight than you. You also had a hell of alot of liquids pumped into your system and you are still recovering from the effects of the annesthic. (sp)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat, Anne beat me to it... freeze ya leftovers for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ma wouldn't that of been easier to tell her over the phone hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, 11 kgs in 3 or so weeks is amazing but I can see where you are coming from with not noticing a difference.

    I have lost 15 kgs (over 3 months mind you) and the only real difference I can see is in my face.

    Give it time and you will see a huge difference especially in your clothes which is what I always work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant lose mate and remember it was 4pm in the afternoon fully clothed, wait and see what Monday morning brings (totally naked after your morning pee of course...LOL).

    Weird to think you will now proberly be eating the same amount as Rhian eh?

    You are a brilliant cook and will come up with some excellent meals, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete