Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday 31st August #2


Well, I did it!
I FINALLY got my butt to the gym at lunch time today!
YAY!!
And, I LOVED every minute of it!
Except now I have a constant ringing in my right ear, and it feels all blocked, so not sure if that is just a coincidence, or maybe it is all part of the head cold thing that I still have going on?

Either way....... I don't care!
I LOVED the gym!
I kept it simple today - just 10 minutes on the treadmill, 2 minutes on the rower, then one complete circuit on all of the weights machine, then another 10 minutes on the treadmill for a cool down.
All up it took about 45 minutes from start to finish and I felt like I had a good workout.
Only bummer is, that I forgot to take a hairbrush or any make up to do a retouch before heading back to work, but apart from that - I reckon I am on to a winner!
I will go back definitely on Wednesday, and maybe tomorrow, but I will wait to see how my muscles react to todays session before making that decision!
Plus, I don't want to go hell for leather and go every single day then get sick of it and find my enthusiasm waning!  
If I can get there three times during the week and at least one day on the weekend - I will be a very happy camper :)

Forgot to mention in my post earlier today about the bloody wind last night!!
Absolutely ATROCIOUS!!!
It was so bad, it actually lifted our clothes-line off the base - probably due to the fact that lazy-ass me left some sheets on the line and that was enough to get it airborne!

Anyway, we are lucky that it only flew about a metre before landing again, cos imagine what the damage could have been if it had crashed in tot he house or something??  
Oooops!  
Ah well - lesson learned.... even if it IS pissing down with rain when you get home from shopping, that should NEVER be an excuse to leave any washing on the line!  lol

Oh yeah, and not only do we have the clothes-line in the middle of the back lawn, we have no letter box either!
Hahahaha..... although that wasn't caused by the wind last night - it was caused by Jeremy!
When we were doing all the renovations months ago, someone actually backed in to the letterbox, and it was only hanging on to it's base by a bent nail.
When Jeremy mowed the lawns on the weekend, it decided to let go completely!
Never mind.... it was a good opportunity for it to be sanded back and repainted.
Jeremy did the first coat on Saturday, and we did the top coat on Sunday morning so that it could be put back up on Sunday afternoon.... But, because the weather turned to absolute CRAPPOLLA yesterday and this morning, Jeremy didn't have a chance to put it back on again - so I imagine the Postie will be a tad amused when he finds just a post sticking up out of the ground!  lol

Also forgot to mention in my earlier post, that I ran in to Sue (http://lifewardbound.blogspot.com) at the restaurant on Friday night.
There are a few of you out there that know her, we had a few meetups in Wellington at the peak of the blogging craze :)
I knew it was her straight away, and thought about not saying anything, just sitting in my seat and pretending I hadn't seen her or recognised her.
But then I thought about it, and before I knew it, I was up out of my seat and giving her a big hug :)
SO glad I did!!!
She looks great - so happy and smiley as usual - and she lives just around the corner from that fantastic restaurant - lucky bugger ;)

Righto - so now I think I have caught up on everything....... time to go have some lunch - even if it is 2.51pm!!!
I wasn't hungry after the gym, but I am now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment