It's been a busy few days and it's been a blast, but to be honest, I'm kinda glad that it's all over!
Wednesday was my gym assessment and it went well, although I really should have tried on my workout clothes BEFORE getting there - as they were all too big!!!
I spent most of the hour hitching up my pants and sleeves!
I really must go and get a pair of trackies to work out in.... I just didn't expect my pants to be too big at all :) Cool feeling though!
After my gym appointment, I went to Sue's place for a bit of a catchup, then headed out for dinner with Anne, before moving on to a Tupperware party.
I only spent $30!!!
I LOVE Tupperware, and my cupboards are chocka with the stuff, so I don't actually need a hell of a lot, but there is always something that I can find to buy :)
Thursday was good - I went to Christchurch for the day, and once again spent most of the flight grinning like an idiot at the fact that I could sit in the east AND do the seatbelt up too!
Hahahaha - I even have to tighten the bloody belt these days - SO COOL!!!
The meeting went really really well, and I was congratulated on all the hard work I have been doing with the account - so it was all good.
Back to Wellington, and off to a work function for a few hours, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, as I ate a prawn and it had too much dressing on it, and I ended up having a bit of a dumping session, so not too good - but an enjoyable few hours none the less.
After the function finished, Jeremy and I headed off to a bar that we used to frequent A LOT a few years ago, and had a couple of drinks.
We met some new people who turned out to all be sales reps, and anyone who knows salesmen, will know that they were highly confident and bloody hilarious to boot!
It was a fantastic night and we had a lot of laughs, and ended up getting home at about midnight I think?
I said "I think" cos I was totally trashed as a direct result of not wanting to look like a softie when the shots came out at the bar..... Of course I did a few..... NOT a good idea!!!
Needless to say, Friday was spent recovering, and I think I finally got out of bed at about 2pm!!!
Lucky I had already booked the day off on Annual Leave, cos there is NO WAY that I could have gone to work!
Friday night I had another thing to go to, cos it was Sue's daughters 20th birthday party at the same bar we had been at on Thursday night, but I said I would go to Sue's for Pre-Party drinks.
There was NO WAY that I was drinking, so did a bit of running around picking up Sharon and then taking her home again - but I would have rather done that than got on the drink again, and felt like shit all over again!!!
I really am going to have to learn my limits when it comes to alcohol.... Seriously! I can't go on getting drunk all the time..... it's just not good!!!
Anyway, last night I was home by 11pm, so it wasn't too bad, considering Sue got to bed at 4am!! OUCH!
Today has been great so far....
Jeremy took his nephew to his rugby game this morning, so it gave me a chance to catch up on Outrageous Fortune from earlier in the week :) LOVE that show!!!!
Then after that, he took me out for lunch - YUM!!!!
While we were out, we bought some herbs, and planter boxes, and now have a funky little herb garden on the windowsill of the kitchen.
Just hope that they all grow now :)
I've never really had "green fingers" so will be interesting to see if I can keep this lot alive!
Although in saying that, I am sure that Jeremy is going to take control of them - as they are his babies :)
Tonight will be a relaxing one.... we were supposed to go to the Stadium to watch the Lions play, but to be honest, neither of us can be bothered, so Jeremy gave the tickets to his sister and her family.
We are just going to have a quiet night at home and watch a couple of DVD's.
Hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow, cos we have decided that the two trees on the front lawn have to go, so I am pretty sure Jeremy is gonna get the dude down the road to come down and chainsaw the buggers down :)
So that's about it.....
I'm looking forward to the upcoming week, as it will mean I can get in to the exercise at the gym - YAY!!
We only have plans for Friday night next week, so it means that I can actually do a menu plan up for this week, and have nice healthy home cooked meals - DOUBLE YAY!
Hope everyone outt here in Blogging land is doing well :)
**KELLY** What is your bloody mobile number?? The one you left me is wrong?? I did call you at home the other day, but I bet your son didn't pass on the message :) Teenagers are hopeless!!
What a great post for mummy to catch up on all the goings on LOL Hope those plants grow :) Love the fact that your gym gear was too big!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great rest of weekend :)
Luv to all
xoxoxoxoxo
Given it is a female only gym, would you be brave enough to get some form fitting leggings and if need be a long tshirt perhaps. Having exercised at lunch time and sometimes just before work i can recall that one can be dressed in the leggings with a skirt over the top and th t shirt under the work top, change to runners while at work or on arising in the morning, then at the gym it is straight into the exercise, if needing to change out of the leggings after the exercise one can have something handy,or sometimes a quick wash and top change using a little hand towel one takes to the gym and change the runners into a plastic bag once back at the desk, with part of the cool down being from exercise place back to work. sometimes a couple of stretches at the PC while switching it on and checking emails etc can mean the workout time is not cut into by a lot of changing of exercise gear. Also the more body heat that comes off while exercising the more calories are burnt, so hot tracky pants may reduce calorie burning and if thick can need a lot of washing and drying, only suggestions, just having been a working mum, am just hoping you can find some of these ideas or others you think up to help you get that gym time in! from Jasmine
ReplyDelete